PDA

View Full Version : <(<_<)> <(>_>)> <(>_<)>

Gargomaxthalus
August 13th, 2013, 14:36
Alright, so hi I'm new. Haven't ever done actual PnP before, not good with people and never really got a opportunity to try. I am however familiar with 3.5e and have studied the d20SRD and the PfSRD. Would like to try a few short games to get used to the whole RP, general communication, and actual game-play familiarity thing and, of course, Fantasy Grounds itself. If my awkwardness isn't showing yet then I worry for the reader. Well yeah so, I'm mostly interested in trying DnD and Pathfinder type stuff, but am open to trying other formats. I really don't have a life to speak of so my calendar is always open, virtually every conceivable time slot. Now I''m just depressing myself. So I guess I'll just leave it at that for now. I can at least promise that any game with me in it will be uhhh... interesting at the very least.

All right time to work on my pitch. Yes I have a soft spot for DnD thanks to Bioware and Black Isle/Obsidian, but I'm interested in just about all RPGs. Shadowrun, Mutants and Masterminds, Castles and Crusades, Savage Worlds, hell I may even be willing to give Call of Cthulhu a shot.Voice chat is unfortunately a no go, not only do I not have a mic, but I'd need time to adjust to the new situation as a whole and start to get to know some people before I'd be physically able to hold a conversation that way. Ugh, too much disclosure ohhh well it is needed info.

Forgot to mention that I have a Full license and the core rules for Savage Worlds, Castles and Crusades, Call of Cthulhu, d20 Modern and Mutants and Masterminds with the intention to acquire more over time. No intention of actually trying to GM anytime soon but who knows, could happen after I get some experience. Oh and saying that I live in Texas is probably a good idea, places me at central time.

Fridays are taken up by dr ventures game now.

Andrepartthree
August 13th, 2013, 17:09
check out my long-butt post to kirkner03 here :P ... has some info I wish someone would have told me when I first started playing FG :P .. hope it is helpful ! :) And welcome to FG :) ..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19318-New-to-FG-looking-for-a-game

dr_venture
August 14th, 2013, 03:23
I have a long-time Old West game running every other Friday (see the link below), and we could use one more player. The game is semi-realistic - think Red Dead Redemption, if you're familiar with that. The game system is just Castles & Crusades (very much like a simple version of early AD&D), but with western character classes and items. The game system is very easy to pick up, so it's more important for you to be an easy-going player that to have a lot of either PnP or Castles & Crusades or Fantasy Grounds experience. Very easy-going group, supportive, and all about enjoying the cinematic western flavor, as opposed to shooting things all the time. If you're interested, check out the link for all the details, and PM to let me know you're interested.

More info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...dex.xcp?id=890

Valarian
August 14th, 2013, 07:44
Nice bit of advice there, Andre. Basically boils down to: don't be an idiot and have some consideration for the GM and other players. Above all ... have fun!

check out my long-butt post to kirkner03 here :P ... has some info I wish someone would have told me when I first started playing FG :P .. hope it is helpful ! :) And welcome to FG :) ..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19318-New-to-FG-looking-for-a-game

Gargomaxthalus
August 15th, 2013, 16:12
Definitely sounds interesting, but that link is dead Doc.

dr_venture
August 15th, 2013, 16:41
Definitely sounds interesting, but that link is dead Doc.

Dude, I'm just a web guy... you *can't* expect me to be able to figure out link.

*facepalm* Doh!

Sorry, dude - what was it with me and links to my campaigns yesterday?!? Let's try that again... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=712

Gargomaxthalus
August 15th, 2013, 18:45
Hmmmm.... It wouldn't hurt to try it out if the slot's still free. No familiarity with Sidewinder but, hell I've learned how to play plenty of games so far and they do say that C&C is east to learn.

dr_venture
August 17th, 2013, 16:10
Really, it's mostly Castles & Crusades with a bit of Sidewinder added in for the character classes. I also brought across the idea of Hero Types from there (which I guess is part of 3.d/D20?). Races add so many interesting tidbits to characters in C&C - since everyone is human in an old west game, that all flies out the window. So having the Strong Hero and the Fast Hero (etc.) is a way to both add some extra abilities back into the characters, as well as kinda justify one of your character's prime stats.

Blah blah blah... anyway, sorry for the delay in responding. I'll PM you with some deets.

Gargomaxthalus
September 17th, 2013, 05:02
Bumping this seems like a better idea than creating a new thread. Fridays are taken but would love to try some other stuff on other nights.

damned
September 17th, 2013, 14:36
if you want something every second saturday morning (early) you can try out my castles&crusades campaign... characters are approx lvl4 and are in some little back water town in the far west of the grand duchy of geoff...