PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Slipstream Vehicles

vomer716
August 12th, 2013, 20:17
I'm having several problems trying to use vehicles in the slipstream setting

1) When I try and access the pre-generated rockets I get a script error "Script Error: [string "common/scripts/wildcard_tool.lua"]:18: attempt to index field 'wilddie' (a nil value)" although the entry does come up. I am, however, unable to drag that entry into my vehicles tab.
2) When I make my own vehicle the blank template is missing the travel speed, cargo and handling entries
3) I am unable to drag a vehicle from the vehicles tab onto either the chase or the combat tracker

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ikael
August 12th, 2013, 20:55
I'm having several problems trying to use vehicles in the slipstream setting

1) When I try and access the pre-generated rockets I get a script error "Script Error: [string "common/scripts/wildcard_tool.lua"]:18: attempt to index field 'wilddie' (a nil value)" although the entry does come up. I am, however, unable to drag that entry into my vehicles tab.
2) When I make my own vehicle the blank template is missing the travel speed, cargo and handling entries
3) I am unable to drag a vehicle from the vehicles tab onto either the chase or the combat tracker

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Seems like the Slipstream extension has not been updated correctly for v3.4 ruleset. Here are few issue I could find from the code:

Drag-and-drop into character sheet has not been implemented
Wildcard_tool code uses depricated pieces of code (thus the script error)
Rockets list is never displayed in the screen/desktop because the button_rocket icon is not defined in the code. So basically you have only seen the Vehicles list, which uses the old template and doesn't have travel speed, cargo and handling entries. When the button_rocket was defined the new button was shown correctly and I could create rocketships (but the script error occured there as well)

In addition the ruleset doesn't support drag-and-drop non-NPCs into combat tracker. I know it would be nice-to-have, but it's not desgined to support that yet. Personally I have found several occasions where I would love to drag-and-drop anything to CT and I will personally address this feature at some point. Meanwhile you have to create NPC entries to present your rocketrs in combat tracker.

Ikael
August 12th, 2013, 21:03
Doswelk, I provided quickly patched version of Slipstream extension in SW Extensions\3.4_patched_for_build18 folder. Can you check it out and make final fixes for it?

vomer716
August 12th, 2013, 21:17
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help.

Doswelk
August 13th, 2013, 06:38
Works a treat, uploading to FTP

ddavison
August 13th, 2013, 07:30
Thanks guys. This has been added to the patch tool.