PDA

View Full Version : Achtung Cthulhu

VenomousFiligree
August 12th, 2013, 08:20
For those interested in the setting, which would you prefer to play, out of the two main supported systems, Savage Worlds or Call of Cthulhu?

grimm182
August 12th, 2013, 12:53
As i get older the rules are way less important to me...i dig SW cause its easily adaptable to any game system/theme.

phantomwhale
August 13th, 2013, 02:08
I'm a backer for the SW version, but must confess the "slowly chipping away at your sanity pool" mechanic from Cthulhu doesn't quite translate to Realms of Cthulhu in my opinion. So I'm now sort of wishing I'd backed it as a Call of Cthulhu setting !

VenomousFiligree
August 13th, 2013, 10:43
Well, the kickstarter will give you both, so it's not too late to change!

VenomousFiligree
August 21st, 2013, 12:22
I'm a backer for the SW version, but must confess the "slowly chipping away at your sanity pool" mechanic from Cthulhu doesn't quite translate to Realms of Cthulhu in my opinion. So I'm now sort of wishing I'd backed it as a Call of Cthulhu setting !

Looks like we might have a different sanity mechanic for SW:

Just a nice have as we are adding our own sanity rules and other essentials

grimm182
August 23rd, 2013, 19:13
So this sparked my interest in looking at maybe an A!C conversion...anyone know how this would play out using the default SW ruleset?
Is there alot of systems that are different than vanilla SW or is it just all the assets that would just need converted.

VenomousFiligree
August 24th, 2013, 08:59
Watch this space for official conversions.... :)

punisher5150
September 9th, 2013, 00:06
I am excited. I want to start a new FG campaign since most of my gaming group is splitting up all over the world. But I am not eager to learn a new RPG system. Since I have been playing SW for a couple of years now, I would like to get some Realms of Cthulhu pulp/horror going in FG that I don't have to create from scratch. Watching this thread with anticipation...

grimm182
September 19th, 2013, 23:16
Mock up in the Savage Worlds Forum . . . (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19585-Achtung!-Cthulu-Three-Kings-Mockup)

VenomousFiligree
September 20th, 2013, 07:46
Mock up in the Savage Worlds Forum . . . (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19585-Achtung!-Cthulu-Three-Kings-Mockup)
If this one proves successful then more will follow, so be sure to support it when it's released! :)

AstaSyneri
January 15th, 2015, 15:37
It's been a while, what became of this? I can't find either on the store or the wiki...

grimm182
January 15th, 2015, 16:50
I worked on converting the "Three Kings" (officially), submitted it for proofing and after a few emails it never went anywhere to the best of my knowledge...shame as i was up for converting the whole series.

AstaSyneri
January 16th, 2015, 08:39
So you did all the work, but it was lacking the final "green light"? That's a shame (and a waste of perfectly valuable time) :(.

Wouldn't you need the Achtung Cthulhu (dang, I hate typing that word ;-)) base setting books before you publish the adventure modules, though?

Mask_of_winter
January 16th, 2015, 09:07
At that time Three Kings was a self-contained module using the Realms of Cthulhu book by Reality Blurs. Since then an investigator and keepers guide for A!C was released and 3kings was updated to reflect those changes.

grimm182
January 16th, 2015, 13:41
At that time Three Kings was a self-contained module using the Realms of Cthulhu book by Reality Blurs. Since then an investigator and keepers guide for A!C was released and 3kings was updated to reflect those changes.
I may have missed that info, thanks.