PDA

View Full Version : New Deadlands Noir Game Looking for Players

dipnotz
August 11th, 2013, 15:10
FG License: GM has Ultimate license
Game System: Savage Worlds/Deadlands Noir

Time Zone: Eastern Time (GMT -5)
Day of week and time: Mondays starting at 8 p.m.
Planned start date: August 19
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Old Absinthe House Blues module and see if there is enough interest to continue

Text or Voice: Mix of both
Voice software used: Google Hangout

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 (it is an investigation, but there is plenty of opportunity for fights)
Number of Players: Looking for 3-4
Character restrictions: Prefer to use Deadlands Noir archetypes for ease of play

Details of scenario: A great introduction to Deadlands Noir and the Savage Worlds rules: the Great Depression, nefarious corporations, gumshoes, missing blues singers and something -- unexpected. I’m a fairly experienced Fantasy Grounds GM looking to try a different ruleset. Newcomers to either FG2 or Savage Worlds very welcome. If you have read the Absinthe House Blues module, please pass on this game since that will ruin 95% of the fun.

My GM style: Rule #1 is “no jerks.” We are all playing to have fun. I like good stories, drama and fights that are challenging but fair. Characters are the heroes of the story and the focus should be on you, but that means the whole group and not necessarily individual players – we all have to work together. I’m not a fan of power gaming or rules lawyering since that tends to kill party cohesion pretty quickly. If your idea of fun is to roleplay a psychopath please look elsewhere. But if you disagree with a decision I make during the game, talk to me about it afterwards – again the point is for all of us to have fun, not for me to have a power trip.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

--Hart (dipnotz)

grimm182
August 12th, 2013, 17:05
Would love to try the setting...but my only reliable nights are typically Sundays...can i offer a "i want to" tentatively??? :)

dipnotz
August 13th, 2013, 01:15
Grimm,

Sundays might actually work for me as well - at least for the next few months. If we can get a few more takers who are up for a Sunday game we can make a go at it.

--Hart

Would love to try the setting...but my only reliable nights are typically Sundays...can i offer a "i want to" tentatively??? :)

glacius
August 14th, 2013, 01:01
Wow count me in. Sounds great and good time.

Ste1000
August 16th, 2013, 17:27
I am also interested.

I am in the UK. I will sign up for Google Hangout if accepted.

I applied on the game calender.

How long are the sessions due to last?

dipnotz
August 17th, 2013, 21:47
Afternoon everyone - looks like we have 3 interested, but Grimm prefers to do Sundays and STE1000 is on GMT so (I believe, unless STE is a huge night owl) that rules out evenings so I'm not sure we have a time slot fit yet.

As I mentioned, my preference is Mondays at 8pm EST - that's midnight for Ste1000 and not a good fit for Grimm. I could do Sundays at 3pm EST if that works for everyone else. Please let me know if either of these work for you.

I had hoped to start this coming Monday (the 19th) but may be required to do business travel which would push the start date back. I don't want to begin one week and the have a break - since the adventure is an investigation a lot of the details tend to get lost (grin). Once we have a timeslot confirmed I'll set the first date.

Thanks for the interest - looking forward to running this!

--Hart (dipnotz)

glacius
August 18th, 2013, 03:43
Im good for monday and time is good

grimm182
August 18th, 2013, 15:20
Since i have a very specific window...then worry about me last. :)

Ste1000
August 18th, 2013, 16:38
I am a huge night owl and the Monday timeslot would suit me fine! If you are going to do Sundays, later would suit me better as I am generally busy until 8:30/9:00 pm alternate Sundays.

Ste

Ste1000
August 24th, 2013, 05:07
Sooooo...

Where do we stand with this?