PDA

View Full Version : Token Targeting

Nightfiend
August 11th, 2013, 01:15
Quick question in regards to token targeting. I seem to have no problem with players targeting the NPC's but when they try and target themselves, for spells and such, It wont let them. Is there a setting I should be looking at that I'm missing?

Trenloe
August 11th, 2013, 01:24
They should just be able to select their token on the map.

Were the tokens added from the combat tracker (CT)? This gives the link from the tokens to the CT and allows targeting etc.? Don't add tokens to the maps by just dragging the portraits from the top right of the desktop, click and drag the tokens from the CT to the map.

Nightfiend
August 11th, 2013, 02:09
Thanks Trenloe, I also read your reply from Blackfoot's post. Ill give that a try. I'm hoping to learn to combine casting with effects smiler to Blackfoot.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2013, 06:15
A handy hint - I don't know if you're doing this or not... If you are please ignore...

You can test out what a GM and player experiences on the same PC. Start an FG campaign as usual, then launch FG again and connect as a player (Join Game), but use a host address of locahost

This will connect a player instance to your GM instance - on the same PC.

This is invaluable when you are learning FG and finding out what the GM sees and what the player sees. For the first few games I ran I had this extra player session running on the same PC so I could see what my players were seeing - a very handy piece of functionality.