PDA

View Full Version : Image/Map Question

Nickademus
August 10th, 2013, 23:14
I have two versions of an image that happens to be a map. They are both identical except the 2nd has been resized to 50% of the size (300x300 pixels). The original remains 600x600 pixels and they are both 72 dpi.

When I drag them into the images folder of my campaign and start up FG, one of them is displayed at the proper size. The other is set to zoomed in at what appears 200% and can't be zoomed out (though it can be zoomed in even further). The funny thing is that it is the smaller image, the 300x300, that is blown up.

I don't even know enough about what is going on to know what to ask, but how do I make sure my images are always like the first one, displayed at the appropriate zoom, and not the second one. My tokens snap to the grid of the image as long as FG doesn't change it's appearance. I have no idea what would cause FG to decide to increase the zoom of an image on its own but I have seen it with most of the images I pull in.

viresanimi
August 10th, 2013, 23:25
As far as I understand, this happens, if you have images, with the same name. Or, if you import an image and later crop its size, the dimensions go totally berserk in FGII. It is very annoying, and something that I am very aware of, when handling images in this program.

A simple solution would be to have an option that made FGII display the image at its correct size.

Nickademus
August 10th, 2013, 23:33
The thing is, the images are named differently and were edited and moved into the image folder before FG was started.

Other times, it has been only a single image that I've made and put in the images folder yet it has blown them up. So I don't think it is the naming or editing that is causing it for me.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2013, 23:48
This can sometimes happen if you delete images from the campaign \images directory and then put new ones in. When FG starts it could give the new images the same ID as old images (this has nothing to do with image names, but the internal FG id-XXXXX convention) and use the window settings for the old images with the new.

You can reset the sizes of all windows within a campaign by deleting the "CampaignRegistry.lua" file in the campaigns\<campaign name> directory. This is for all windows in the campaign - not just images.

To avoid this issue in future, future images through FG (right-click on the image in the image list and and select delete).

Also, as mentioned above, don't use the same filename for an image within a campaign unless the image is exactly the same dimensions as the previous file of the same name.

Nickademus
August 11th, 2013, 00:20
Hmm. Definitely useful info and I'll definitely do that. Trying to remember if it applied to this situation though. The 2 files added were new and had never been in FG to delete before... I'll play around more with it some other time and give more details if it varies from the known issues presented here.