PDA

View Full Version : Can I set no GM portrait in chat?

biomage
August 9th, 2013, 18:41
Is there any way to set the GM to display no portrait in the chat, while still maintaining the PC portraits? Thanks.

Valarian
August 9th, 2013, 19:07
The GM portrait is a fixed file in the ruleset. You can change it (permanently) with a fairly simple modification but there's currently no way to swap the portrait for an NPC id (for instance).

EDIT
Just reread and that wasn't the question. I think portraits are an all or nothing deal. The option in the preferences switches all portraits on.

biomage
August 9th, 2013, 20:47
Just reread and that wasn't the question..

Thanks, anyway. I'll keep trying to figure something out.

Dakadin
August 9th, 2013, 20:52
Make a copy first but try just deleting the file. It will give a warning when loading but should work to remove the gm portrait.

biomage
August 9th, 2013, 22:06
Yeah, that works. Thanks.

EDIT: It doesn't even give a warning.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 22:50
EDIT: It doesn't even give a warning.
It will if you open the console message window. As default this won't automatically open for warnings, only errors.

Blacky
August 10th, 2013, 19:17
How about making a fully blank (transparent) portrait?

Dakadin
August 11th, 2013, 04:04
Yes, that should work also. Just replace the file with your blank version. The difference between the 2 options is deleting it won't take up the space for the graphic so the text will start at the left. Using a blank portrait will offset the text based on the width of the image. It just depends on what you prefer. :)

biomage
August 13th, 2013, 02:55
I am currently using a 1x1 pixel transparent image in my current theme. It works, but still indents a couple of spaces to the right. Not a perfect solution, but it will do.