PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance - First Steps Run!

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 21:15
Sorry this is very last minute but, I have some free time tomorrow (Friday 8/9) afternoon/night... and can run either or both of these two scenarios before they are retired on August 14th.

By these Scenarios I am referring to:
'First Steps: Part 2 - To Delve the Dungeon Deep' and 'First Steps: Part 3 - A Vision of Betrayal'

Is there enough interest/need out there for these for me to run them?

Here is a Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1054) entry for those who are signing up.

Nickademus
August 8th, 2013, 21:37
Um, retired? I saw nothing about that. Could you be so kind as to provide a link so I may educate myself?

I'm still reeling from the slap in the face from the new Guide, but if you need another player to make a legal table I have a new lvl 1 that I can throw in.

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 22:03
Yep. 2 and 3 are being retired on the 14th and 1 is being retired once there is a new tier 1 scenario in place to replace it... sometime later in the year I think they said.

I'm only going to run if I get enough interest.. I realize it's really last minute... I will run with 3s though if people need/want the scenario.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 22:23
Um, retired? I saw nothing about that. Could you be so kind as to provide a link so I may educate myself?
Here you go: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pofs?Clarification-about-First-Steps#1

Killian
August 8th, 2013, 22:23
I do enjoy these two scenarios though I have played them before. I have tomorrow night (6PM GMT) available and can play probably until 11:30. I have a couple of options. One PC who has done 1 & 2 but not 3 (and is/was Shadow Lodge of all things! Will need a chronicle sheet to retrain that I suppose). A character with 2 chronicles but has done neither...or a brand new PC I havn't touched yet. If the consensus is to run Part 3 at 6PM I'll know who to bring otherwise It can be either of the other two. PDF's and XML's are ready to go for all

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 22:31
I added a calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1054) entry.

Killian
August 8th, 2013, 22:37
gah perhaps a little too last minute havn't heard back yet about a work event that could run late :( This might not be possible tomorrow

Nickademus
August 8th, 2013, 22:39
Are you planning to run them both back-to-back in one night (well, morning)?

Char
Token:

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 23:20
That is the plan.. if people want me to... should be like noonish to evening in ohio.

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 23:25
gah perhaps a little too last minute havn't heard back yet about a work event that could run late :( This might not be possible tomorrowNo worries. Just let me know one way or another.. and get me your character ASAP so that I have it just in case you can play.

For ALL PLAYERS I will need a PDF of your previous chronicle unless you have a brand new character in which case please give me:
PFS #:
Player Name:
Character Name:
Character Class:
Starting Gold:
A .xml file of your PC.

I think that's everything.

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 23:27
Are you planning to run them both back-to-back in one night (well, morning)?

Char
Token:

Nick, I generally use the standard square portrait tokens, so as long as you have your image in your portraits folder for FG you should be good to go.

Nickademus
August 8th, 2013, 23:41
That is the plan.. if people want me to... should be like noonish to evening in ohio.

Well, I'm a bit confused as your post says 8/9 pm while the poll says 2 pm and 7 pm. Regardless, I can do the 7 pm EDT slot if you are allowing people to sign up for only one scenario. Otherwise I'll have to pass as I'll be at work at 2 pm Friday.

PFS #: 24698-15
Player Name: Ryan Goddard
Character Name: Ryliss
Character Class: Caster
Starting Gold: 32.7 gp

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2013, 00:45
Well, I'm a bit confused as your post says 8/9 pm while the poll says 2 pm and 7 pm. Regardless, I can do the 7 pm EDT slot if you are allowing people to sign up for only one scenario. Otherwise I'll have to pass as I'll be at work at 2 pm Friday.

PFS #: 24698-15
Player Name: Ryan Goddard
Character Name: Ryliss
Character Class: Caster
Starting Gold: 32.7 gpHee hee... not 8/9 pm... August 9th. (8/9).. sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: OH! And signing up for just one is great... that was kinda the purpose of the poll.

Nightfiend
August 9th, 2013, 01:34
Hi Blackfoot,
I might be interested in both of these. I haven't done any of the first step series yet, and I want to make sure I understand what I will need to bring.

Question #1 Do I have to have completed part 1 to get credit for part 2 and 3?

Question #2 Can the character I bring have already adventured? or should it be a fresh character?

Question #3 Do these Scenario's award any XP or is it just prestige and gold?

I have another new player interested in trying FG and was considering this as his first attempt also.

Nightfiend
August 9th, 2013, 01:40
OOps,
One last question. Scheduled times on the calendar are 6PM and 11PM. What time zone are those? I am in PDT and need to calculate the correct starting time.

lachancery
August 9th, 2013, 01:54
OOps,
One last question. Scheduled times on the calendar are 6PM and 11PM. What time zone are those? I am in PDT and need to calculate the correct starting time.

Based on the poll up there, these are GMT times. They are respectively 11am and 4pm Pacific Daylight Savings.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2013, 02:09
Question #1 Do I have to have completed part 1 to get credit for part 2 and 3?No.. these are nominally interrelated but completely independent.

Question #2 Can the character I bring have already adventured? or should it be a fresh character?The character needs to be Level 1, PFS legal, and I will need a copy of your previous chronicle if you have played him before.

Question #3 Do these Scenario's award any XP or is it just prestige and gold?Scenarios award 1xp plus Prestige and GP... some have chronicle boons as well.

I have another new player interested in trying FG and was considering this as his first attempt also.New players are great. That's really the point of these First Steps Scenarios.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2013, 02:15
If you check the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1054) it should adjust for your time zone if you have your profile set up to match your time zone... but lachancery has the right times.

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 04:55
I'm game for both. I'll be making a new character, though I'm not sure what... thinking a monk at the moment.

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 06:28
I'm thinking instead of writing up anything, I'll just play the pregen fighter. Or any other pregen if we already have a fighter.

PFS #: 52753-10
Player Name: RC aka Dust Raven
Character Name: Rolyat
Character Class: Pregen
Starting Gold: 10 gp (if playing Valeros)

Nightfiend
August 9th, 2013, 07:42
Ok I adjusted for PT and signed up on Calendar. I don't think it is taking into account daylight saving time. It is showing first game starting at 10 AM here. This is fine and I should be good for both games although I think the correct time will be 11 AM based on day light savings.

Marcus (Character)

MODERATOR: Moved from game announcement thread. Please don't post non game announcement posts in the game announcement thread - your GM may not see or know what game you're posting about and it also creates "SPAM" for people not playing in your specific game. Thanks very much.

Nightfiend
August 9th, 2013, 09:10
Ok i'm interested in giving it a go. I would like to bring Marcus my level 1 Inquisitor.

kmza
August 9th, 2013, 09:12
I'd like to play in both games. I am new to Fantasy Grounds and this will be my first game.
Zandary
LVL Wizard
Osirion
Starting Gold - 22
0 fame, 0 pp

Killian
August 9th, 2013, 11:38
Ok I can make 1, the 6PM GMT one and I'll submit my brand new PC, Level 1 Tiefling Ranger. No prior PDF Society number 40412-7

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 12:58
Looking over our current lineup, I'm considering switching to Kyra (pregen cleric).

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 14:19
Meh, pregens are boring when I'm not the GM. So instead of Kyra, I'll be playing...

Pyro!
PFS #: 52753-10
Player Name: RC (aka Dust Raven)
Character Name: Pyro
Character Class: Cleric (Sarenrae)
Starting Gold: 51

It's not a male Kyra. No. Pyro has the Fire domain instead of Sun. And ranks in Perception. So is completely different except in that in every other way he's just like Kyra.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2013, 15:16
I'd like to play in both games. I am new to Fantasy Grounds and this will be my first game.
Zandary
LVL Wizard
Osirion
Starting Gold - 22
0 fame, 0 pp

I am going to need a PFS# for Zandary.
You can get one here (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety) if you do not have one already. Just click the 'Join the Pathfinder Society and create your character now!' link on the Society page.

JerryRig
August 9th, 2013, 16:42
I would like to join your evening run if you don't mind? If I run a pregen does that allow me to transfer credit to a character later? This way you don't have to go into depths with review of a character at this point?

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2013, 17:22
I would like to join your evening run if you don't mind? If I run a pregen does that allow me to transfer credit to a character later? This way you don't have to go into depths with review of a character at this point?
That works great Jerry, I'm pretty sure we still have a slot left... but it's getting tight.

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 18:48
I'm having trouble accessing the fg teamspeak server.

mmoroz
August 9th, 2013, 18:52
Can I join the 2PM EST with Merisiel?

Pathfinder # 100022.

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 18:56
Can I join the 2PM EST with Merisiel?

Pathfinder # 100022.

Hey, looks like PFS #s finally rolled up to 6 digits!

Welcome!

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 18:58
I'm having trouble accessing the fg teamspeak server.
Are you using the updated info - including the port number? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

JerryRig
August 9th, 2013, 21:33
I'll used a pregen Rogue if that is alright. join in the later session. My Pathfinder number is 98294.

JerryRig
August 9th, 2013, 21:35

Harbinger
August 9th, 2013, 22:19
Here is my character for the Friday night game, Kranoc 1st level barbarian. new Character so no chronicle yet. Starting Gold 4gp, #75768-2

Harbinger
August 9th, 2013, 22:30
What is the server address? Having a hard time finding it.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 22:53
What is the server address? Having a hard time finding it.
If it's on the calendar you won't see it until you're accepted by the GM.

Rose Claymore
August 10th, 2013, 00:02
tiny fang huge ogre

We were having some troubles with the teamspeak which will hopefully clear up, but at the moment we're on an alternate server.

Also, we're running a tad late on the Part II, but should have it wrapped up momentarily.

avro5731
August 10th, 2013, 00:07
Li Jun - monk - 41731-13 Cheliax -

Harbinger
August 10th, 2013, 06:17
I'll keep my current faction of "Qadira". Thanks again for running the game. Also could you export a copy of the xml here on the forms? Thank you.

Killian
August 10th, 2013, 07:48
Great game as always Blackfoot thank you for running :)

Rose Claymore
August 10th, 2013, 14:10
Great game(s), thank you very much for running!

I think I forgot to mention my faction, which will be Osirion.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2013, 16:37
I am going to need a PFS# for Zandary.I still don't see a PFS# for Zandary... I think you might have told me yesterday during the game.. but with it not written on his sheet or here on the forum.. I'm not going to be able to find it. Yesterday was a pretty busy day! :)

Anyone else who has not given me their:
FACTIONs
PFS#s
STARTING GOLD

(I think Marcus was the only one with a previous chronicle.. so he's off the hook)
Please do so ASAP so I can spin those chronicles back to you.

FS-P2:
100022 -1 Merisiel Grand Lodge
52753 -10 Pyro Osirion
40412 -7 Mephill Cheliax
41731 -13 Li Jun Cheliax
- Zandary Osirion
23083 -6 Marcus Firebrand Grand Lodge

FS-P3:
98294 -1 Merisiel Grand Lodge
52753 -10 Pyro Osirion
75768 - 2 Kranoc Qadira
- Zandary Osirion
23083 -6 Marcus Firebrand Grand Lodge

These are the groups as I'm reporting them thus far...

One other thing.. in the chaos I missed Day Job rolls... if you'd like to log onto the server right now and make them.. great I have the server up.. otherwise I'll make them for you (if applicable) and include it on your sheets.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2013, 19:48
Here you go. I will add Zandary's sheet to this post when I get his PFS Number.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2013, 19:50
Here you go. I will add Zandary's sheet to this post when I get his PFS Number.

Nightfiend
August 10th, 2013, 20:43
Thanks for the great job running the game last night. I had a lot of fun. Zandary # 34412-02
Let me know if you need anything else.

mmoroz
August 10th, 2013, 21:24
Thank you Blackfoot and everyone for the game and also for helping me learn FG!

Nightfiend
August 10th, 2013, 22:22
Hay Blackfoot,

Seeing you seem to have the FG software down maybe I can ask you a few more questions that might help me in my endeavor to run my first game. I think I understand how to apply the effects on the spells which is way more then I ever expected from FG. I am now trying to figure out the targeting of tokens to apply the effects. I have no problem with PC's targeting NPC tokens but when they try and select their own token it wont allow them to do so. I am thinking this has to be a setting that I need to change but I cant figure out which one. Any input you could give me on this would help a great deal.

avro5731
August 11th, 2013, 00:15
Thanks again for running this Blackfoot!

JerryRig
August 11th, 2013, 00:49
Thank you for whipping out the chronicle sheets so quickly. Appreciate you sticking it out with us so long. You had a full day of it!!

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2013, 01:37
I am now trying to figure out the targeting of tokens to apply the effects. I have no problem with PC's targeting NPC tokens but when they try and select their own token it wont allow them to do so. I am thinking this has to be a setting that I need to change but I cant figure out which one. Any input you could give me on this would help a great deal.This actually isn't that bad.. you do it from the combat tracker. Click the target icon next to the monster on the tracker.. at the right of that is a little target button.. you can then either drag that button to the target you want on the tracker or their token on the map. You can select multiple targets this way as well as just single ones. Targeting is a bit easier on the PC side.. but that's mostly just because GMs have a few more things to deal with. Play with it a little.. you'll get the hang of it.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2013, 01:48
This actually isn't that bad.. you do it from the combat tracker. Click the target icon next to the monster on the tracker.. at the right of that is a little target button.. you can then either drag that button to the target you want on the tracker or their token on the map. You can select multiple targets this way as well as just single ones. Targeting is a bit easier on the PC side.. but that's mostly just because GMs have a few more things to deal with. Play with it a little.. you'll get the hang of it.\
Just to clarify - this is how GMs target. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Nightfiend was asking how players target themselves. I've replied in another thread as it might be that the PC tokens weren't added to the map from the CT...

Nightfiend
August 11th, 2013, 02:05
Thanks for replying,
yes Trenloe is correct, I was asking about the player. So the token has to be added from the combat tracker in order for them to be able to target themselves? Ill give that a try. BTW sorry about posting on the game link. Was a mistake, I thought I was on this link. Thanks again, this has quite a learning cure to get it right. In time I'm hoping to run a few that I have converted over and have ready to go. But I see after playing a few now that there is still a lot for me to learn.

Harbinger
August 11th, 2013, 02:14
Hey Blackfoot,

Thanks for the Chronicle it look good, and very fast return thanks.

Can I ask for a copy of my XML from your server. I was not able to get it for some reason from my system. I wanted to have a copy of all the work you did for me on effects and rage and things.
(Kranoc)
Thanks.

lachancery
August 11th, 2013, 02:23
Can I ask for a copy of my XML from your server. I was not able to get it for some reason from my system. I wanted to have a copy of all the work you did for me on effects and rage and things.
(Kranoc)
Thanks.

Go in Manage Characters on your FG, select BF's game, select your character, and export it. The only drawback, which you would also have if BF sent it to you, is that you cannot import a character in Manage Characters on FG. You have to create a dummy campaign to import it.

Nickademus
August 11th, 2013, 02:24
So the token has to be added from the combat tracker in order for them to be able to target themselves?

Just remember, the Combat Tracker runs everything. If you ever run into a glitch with something on the map not working, jot down the character's/creature's initiative, remove it from the CT, and add it again. Then set the character's/creature's initiative and drag a new token on the map. Should solve the problem.

Nightfiend
August 11th, 2013, 02:57
That worked! OK now to learn to create new spell class on character sheet.(Done), and a new spell (Done), ok now to apply an effect to the spell (done), have that spell show up on the mini (Sigh shakes head).....and have the spell's effect show up on the combat tracker when cast (smashes face into keyboard)....and have it apply the needed effect (i.e. +2 to AC) to the character...(Anger manifesting).......:mad:

Nickademus
August 11th, 2013, 03:01
I just went through all that myself. Send me a message and I'll walk you through it. We've hijacked Blackfoot's thread enough.

Harbinger
August 11th, 2013, 03:12
Go in Manage Characters on your FG, select BF's game, select your character, and export it. The only drawback, which you would also have if BF sent it to you, is that you cannot import a character in Manage Characters on FG. You have to create a dummy campaign to import it.

I have tried this but for some reason it is not available. I really don't even need the whole XML, If Blackfoot can just cut and paste the Rage effect data section, Fatigue, and rage counter he made for me, the rest I can take care of. Thank you for the help.

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2013, 05:17
Try this:
RAGE;STR:4 morale;CON:4 morale;SAVE:1 will;AC:-2

plus the effect for fatigued is just fatigued
If you set your durations to 1 round.. and your target to self.. you should be ready to rock... oh and don't forget to adjust your HPs.. the con bonus won't do that automatically.

As for the counter.. I set it up as a 'psionic' spellcaster type.. so then you just make the power points equal to the total number of rage rounds... and voila.

Nickademus
August 11th, 2013, 05:43
I had an issue with the psionic spell class not showing up in combat mode. No matter what settings I had, it would disappear when I switched over to combat.

I assume if you are recommending it that you don't have the same problem.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2013, 06:25
That worked! OK now to learn to create new spell class on character sheet.(Done), and a new spell (Done), ok now to apply an effect to the spell (done), have that spell show up on the mini (Sigh shakes head).....and have the spell's effect show up on the combat tracker when cast (smashes face into keyboard)....and have it apply the needed effect (i.e. +2 to AC) to the character...(Anger manifesting).......:mad:
Woah! Dude, don't get angry!

Was blackfoot's subsequent post of the "rage" effect what you were looking for, or just giving you the effect for your "rage"?!? ;-)

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood... :)

"Casting" a spell (hitting the cast button) does not apply effects. They trigger saving throws (if applicable) for all those targeted. Effects (or damage) then have to be applied after the "cast" action. See this thread for more info around this subject: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19315-Effects-issues

Nightfiend
August 11th, 2013, 07:36
LoL i'm not really raging. Was just trying to work things out. That being said Nickademus cleared a lot of things up. Thank you to everyone for your help. I managed to get the basics on what to do.

Harbinger
August 11th, 2013, 13:08
Try this:
RAGE;STR:4 morale;CON:4 morale;SAVE:1 will;AC:-2

plus the effect for fatigued is just fatigued
If you set your durations to 1 round.. and your target to self.. you should be ready to rock... oh and don't forget to adjust your HPs.. the con bonus won't do that automatically.

As for the counter.. I set it up as a 'psionic' spellcaster type.. so then you just make the power points equal to the total number of rage rounds... and voila.

Thank you, That was what I was needing here.

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2013, 13:43
I had an issue with the psionic spell class not showing up in combat mode. No matter what settings I had, it would disappear when I switched over to combat.

I assume if you are recommending it that you don't have the same problem.
Nick, when it didn't show up... was that because you didn't have any 'power points' or had the 'power points' and 'points used' boxes reflecting the same number? When your points used equals your power points.. the caster class disappears in combat mode.

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2013, 13:46
LoL i'm not really raging. Was just trying to work things out. That being said Nickademus cleared a lot of things up. Thank you to everyone for your help. I managed to get the basics on what to do.
If you are having issues or questions with effects, this is the best place to go.. I'd bookmark it for reference regardless:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp