PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Graphic Help

Frostgeneral
August 8th, 2013, 15:32
MODERATOR: Moved post to new thread as it was posted in a only vaguely related thread - please post questions in a relevant thread or create a new one specific to your question/s. Thanks.

Is there a chance that someone help me with my new "desktop"4595

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="frames/desktop.png" />
<middle rect="0,0,200,200" />
<right rect="200,0,97,200" />
<decal rect="300,0,700,500" />
</framedef>

I need the correct pixels i have to change in the graphic_frames :(
I dont understand the basics of chapter one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/Anatomy_of_a_Ruleset.pdf
pls help me to edit this

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 17:49
See this thread from post #7 onwards: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18836-Background-wallpaper-question

The desktop.png graphic is not just a single graphic - you need 3 sections, the main area that gets tiled depending on the size of the screen, the graphic that gets vertically tiled down the right and the decal that is put in the middle. The above mentioned thread discusses this.

Your graphic above is going to be difficult to use - unless you have it as a centre decal, with a tiled plain background (black?). The above referenced thread shows an example of this in post #13 on page 2 - the 2nd image is the desktop.png file which has a black background (tiled), a grey graphic image for the right toolbar and the large decal to go in the middle of the screen.

Frostgeneral
August 8th, 2013, 18:02
i dont need another background. rest of it can be black.
the only thing i want is to get the picture in the mid of FGII, even if i scale the window-mode

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 18:11
OK, so create a graphic similar to that produced by Doswelk in post #13 of the above mentioned reference. Use a graphics application to modify Doswelk's second image and overlay your graphic where the Deadlands Noir graphic is now. If you keep the same dimensions for your initial test you can use the values for middle, right and decal that Doswelk uses.

S Ferguson
August 8th, 2013, 18:51
Be prepared though. If the image is to large (effectively completely covering the tiles) the image will tile in unforeseen ways. It's best to play it safe and work with a "smallish" picture to begin with. Oh, and a sky blue to black circular radial shade should clear up the color problems.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 19:24
Here's a very quick and dirty mod to Doswelk's image file. This is how it comes out in CoC if the Deadlands: Noir image is removed, a black background replaced and the image from post #1 placed on top:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/CoC%20Invictus%20Desktop.jpg

Here is the file - you'll probably want to modify this to make it fit better, which will then need the dimensions in graphics_frames.xml to be changed to match.

Frostgeneral
August 11th, 2013, 16:58
pretty nice... exactly what i want

EDIT: When i use the graphic_frames above, there is just:
https://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2367/by8.png

Doswelk
August 11th, 2013, 17:58
You need to use the XML code I provided in the other thread along with the Deadlands Noir image to get it to work, you cannot just change the Deadlands image and use the XML code at the start of this thread.

S Ferguson
August 11th, 2013, 17:59
You have to take care to stay within the prescribed boundaries. The picture has to be in the same scale as the image you're replacing, otherwise the pixel count in the xml file will give odd results, which is what I'm seeing from your screenshot.

Frostgeneral
August 12th, 2013, 09:06
Right here's my attempt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<root version="2.8" logo="logo.png">
<properties>
<name>Deadlands Noir</name>
<version>0.10</version>
<author>Kevin Dowell</author>
<description>Deadlands Noir Theme</description>
<ruleset>
<name>SavageWorlds3</name>
<minrelease>3.3</minrelease>
</ruleset>
</properties>
<base>
<!-- GRAPHICS -->
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop_background.png" />
<middle rect="0,0,512,512" />
<right rect="513,0,97,1000" />
<decal rect="613,0,1240,1000" />
</framedef>
</base>
</root>

In Gimp I created a 1900x1000 image with a transparent background.

The first layer was a 512x512 black rectangle top left

The second layer was a rectangle starting at pixel 513 and 97 pixels wide and 1000 pixels deep.

The final area was the "decal" this starts at 613 and was 1240x1000 pixels.

First one i tryed

For Savage worlds, the desktop is defined in "graphics_frames.xml" as follows:

<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop_background.png" />
<right rect="512,0,768,1002" />
<decal rect="1318,0,682,276" />
</framedef>

More info the <framedef> here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/framedef.xcp

All of the above coordinates are: "x,y, width, height" in pixels.

"middle" is the portion that gets tiled. This graphic should have edges that "fit" with each other or the tiling will be obvious.
"right" is the bit that gets tiled vertically down the right hand side - usually the right side margin for the toolbar. The top and bottom edges should fit with each other or the vertical tiling will be obvious.
"decal" is the bit that gets put in the middle of the screen. This should usually be transparent if it is not a solid block.

both graphic_frames just gave me a blackscreen. my desktop is named desktop_background, i created a new campaign, load the old one... allways just the blackscreen

Trenloe
August 12th, 2013, 11:58
Have you changed the "desktop" framedef section in graphics_frames to something like this:

<bitmap file="frames/desktop_background_invcitus.png" />
<right rect="513,0,97,1000" />
<decal rect="613,0,1240,1000" />
</framedef>
Where "frames/desktop_background_invcitus.png" is the path to your custom graphics file?

The above dimensions are what I used with the file I've attached in post #6.

Frostgeneral
August 12th, 2013, 14:12
okay, now it works... thanks to all who helped me with this =D