PDA

View Full Version : Question about creating a module

Macgreine
August 8th, 2013, 03:31
Is it possible for me to create a custom bestiary module and if so what kind of difficulty level is a project like this? Just to give you an idea of my computer savy, I know that when I click on the little thingy on my desktop that looks like the world it connects me to the internet.

Thanks, Mac

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 03:52
For which ruleset?

Macgreine
August 8th, 2013, 03:53
Pathfinder. 3rd party stuff and some homemade baddies.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 03:56
Well, in that case it should be really easy!

Create your creatures/baddies/NPCs as Paizo statblocks.
Use the creature parser.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15475-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-Alpha-release

Macgreine
August 8th, 2013, 04:08
Yes I know how to do that and use it a lot already. Can I compile all of it into one volume that I could include in all my games with out having a giant list in my library? Like the way the Paizo ones are set up.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 04:10
Yep, just put all of the statblocks into one big text file and parse that.

Macgreine
August 8th, 2013, 04:18
Is there any particular format? Like spaces between the stat blocks or something. Thanks for taking the time to help out Trenloe. FG is at least a million times better because of you.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2013, 04:28
Is there any particular format? Like spaces between the stat blocks or something.
Just a single blank line between each statblock.

Thanks for taking the time to help out Trenloe. FG is at least a million times better because of you.
No problem, glad I could help. Nice of you to say so... :o

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2013, 07:41
I second that thought. Trenloe has been a great help both on the forums and via his community coding/data contributions.

That just reminded me to add him as a Sage on the forums, which adds the Immortal tag to his rank. Now to figure out how to add a space. ;)

JPG

Nickademus
August 8th, 2013, 12:17
Would adding &20 to the Immortal tag work?

My 2 cents: I haven't been in the FG community long, but well over 50% of the help and resources I've received has come from Trenloe. We should have a Trenloe Is Awesome Day.

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2013, 23:43
Just tried it with no luck. If it was simply just adding an HTML space, it would already be done; but it is something specific to the new vBulletin I need to figure out at some point.

JPG