PDA

View Full Version : Glitch with IFT tag

Paladin's Pride
August 7th, 2013, 03:07
Using the 4e ruleset.
When the IFT tag is used in conjunction with a bonus to damage written as a dice expression, the bonus damage is added incorrectly. For example, "IFT: dazed; DMG: 2d6" consistently adds more than 2d6 extra damage to a dazed target.

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2013, 06:36
I just tested this in one of my 4E campaigns, and it seemed to be working as expected.

Also, since you posted in the Laboratory forum, did this occur on the release version (v2.9.4) or the alpha version (v3.0)?

If you can reproduce, can you send me a ZIP file of the campaign folder? ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

Paladin's Pride
August 7th, 2013, 21:41
sorry, moon wizard, it's the 2.9.4 version. I probably should have posted in house of healing instead. I tried it again, and it's still happening. The damage is rolled, but then when it is automatically added to the creature, there's a variable bonus added to the damage (in addition to the extra dice that were rolled). I'll send you a copy of the campaign folder.

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2013, 02:23
Thanks for the example. It definitely pointed me in the right direction. It appears to be an issue with any damage effect that is targeted or uses the IFT tag. Also, it only effects damage rolls, not any other kind of roll.

It will take me some time to unravel the issue, but the fix will eventually be included with the v3.0 release that is currently in testing.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
August 17th, 2013, 06:46
Thanks for the example. It definitely pointed me in the right direction. It appears to be an issue with any damage effect that is targeted or uses the IFT tag. Also, it only effects damage rolls, not any other kind of roll.

It will take me some time to unravel the issue, but the fix will eventually be included with the v3.0 release that is currently in testing.

Regards,
JPGAh.. so this is why targeted 'Smite Evil' type effects aren't working right in 2.9.4 ... It's not just damage.. it's attack rolls as well.
When you use the targeted effects it lists the [EFFECTS +2] or whatever but doesn't actually add it into the roll (when targeting the appropriate critter)..