PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files game interest

Darkeye4876
August 1st, 2013, 09:49
Hello all

Recently, my gaming group has been playing the Dresden Files RPG and although it's not what we where used to it captivated us with it's simplistic yet efficient dice system, innovative character creation, and enjoyable system based by FATE. I was very surprised when I saw that Fantasy grounds had a module for it. So I am making this post in the hopes that if there is anyone here who has played the game before or is a fan of the Jim Butcher series post here.

If I get at least 4 or more people then I will start getting a campaign in the works. I hope to hear back from you soon :-)

Valarian
August 1st, 2013, 11:00
What day, time, timezone? I'd be interested if UK friendly.

Darkeye4876
August 2nd, 2013, 05:38
I live in the US in the Central time zone (-6). As far as the day most likely it will be on Friday nights or Sunday evenings. but as I said it will depend on who is interested

Valarian
August 2nd, 2013, 06:46
Afraid that's the middle of the night for me. Won't be able to play.

scionofnyarlathotep
August 2nd, 2013, 10:12
Like Valarian, UK based and interested but time difference is a killer :(

Dr_Babylon
August 4th, 2013, 03:27
I recently had my first taste of the FATE system and would be eager to participate in another such outing. I am largely unfamiliar with the Dresden Files but remain confident that I would find the setting enjoyable. I am in the Eastern time zone (-5) but am only available after 2130 hours on weeknights.

I will watch your progress here with great interest.

Darkeye4876
August 6th, 2013, 22:25
Great thanks for showing support :-)

Paul Fischer
August 9th, 2013, 04:07
Hello Darkeye,

I've read the whole series and would love to play, Friday nights may work well for me or maybe, maybe Sunday nights. I've used FG2 before and played tabletop rpg's for nearly two decades. Hit me back and let me know if it's Chicago? or LA???

Morfedel
August 13th, 2013, 03:25
I might be up for it. Central time zone here too, experienced with both DFRPG and FG2

Darkeye4876
August 14th, 2013, 02:20
Thanks for the support everyone. I think we have enough people to start a campaign. It would be based in New York. I am still fleshing out some details. It would be a chest-deep game. (for the ones who are unfamiliar with DFRPG there are a lot of wiki sites that give you the rundown). Expect something from me in the next few days.

Morfedel
August 14th, 2013, 14:25
Please aim for Sunday evening, based on your two choices :)

Wait. Hm, Guess I better reveal this now before it's too late. I am divorced, and get my kids the 1st, 3rd, and 5th weekend of each month. Since they live 4 hours away, it means on those weekends it would be tough for me to play, as I would not get home either Friday or Sunday until around 10:30 pm much of the time.

Frankly, Sunday would be best for me because of this. I might be able to make it at 9:30ish instead, as I'm tempted to take my kids home an hour earlier, just as that much late night driving is tough on me. But, if that doesn't work for you, I understand.

Darkeye4876
August 15th, 2013, 22:30
Ok so I have made a game on the calendar, I haven't made the day or time just yet, but you can start applying character ideas to the game.

Dr_Babylon
August 15th, 2013, 23:17
I am something of a novice where this setting is concerned but, having read up on the basics, I suspect it is somewhat similar to the world of Hellboy and the BPRD. If this is so, it pleases me immensely.

I understand that the FATE system places great value on collaborative character creation so airing our intentions here would make sense. In terms of mood, do you intend a gritty and dark delving into supernatural horror, a whimsical foray among the magic of faeries or something else entirely? Essentially, would you prefer characters of dismal and blood-soaked backgrounds or more flamboyant personalities? I have some ideas that would work in any event.

The game is fairly new to me and the setting as well. Consider me quite excited.

(Sunday evenings Eastern should work quite well for me if they are an option.)

Morfedel
August 16th, 2013, 00:53
I prefer a little grittier, and I intend to play some form of mage. That is, if I don't have scheduling issues.

Darkeye4876
August 17th, 2013, 06:48
It is going to be a bit of a gritty game. One of the reasons that i made it in New York is due to the city's style of being beautiful as well as having its dark secrets and places where no one should be found after hours.

Darkeye4876
August 19th, 2013, 20:45
For those of you interested in playing, I would be able to swing a Sunday game is we started early at around 4pm (that's UCT -06:00 US time). Friday evenings as well as anytime Wednesdays are available as well. If there are still enough of you interested let me know your e-mails via PM to send you the details of the game.