PDA

View Full Version : Character Class Module

Nickademus
August 1st, 2013, 05:33
[MODERATOR: This module displays information in the library only, not the campaign data on the right side of the desktop]
[Nor does it support the recent official Pathfinder support drag/drop auto population of additional data. But the base data is still completely usable as OGL class information.]

The PFPRG Races module has been merged into this module for better ease of use and upkeep. Since class abilities are accessed much more than race abilities, the races can be found at the bottom of the main list. Prestige classes and archetypes are beyond the scope of this module at this time, but there are sockets for them to be added.

Changes from last version:
* Added unchained classes and classes from the Advanced Class Guide
* Reformatted all the classes to make them more user-friendly when creating a new character
* Merged the PFPRG Races module into this one for better upkeep and crossreferencing

Classes Supported:
- Alchemist
- Antipaladin
- Arcanist
- Barbarian
- Barbarian (unchained)
- Bard
- Bloodrager
- Brawer
- Cavalier
- Cleric
- Druid
- Fighter
- Gunslinger
- Hunter
- Inquisitor
- Investigator
- Magus
- Monk
- Monk (unchained)
- Ninja
- Oracle
- Paladin
- Ranger
- Rogue
- Rogue (unchained)
- Samurai
- Shaman
- Skald
- Slayer
- Sorcerer
- Summoner
- Summoner (unchained)
- Swashbuckler
- Warpriest
- Witch
- Wizard

Enjoy.
Nick

Version 4.0

biomage
August 1st, 2013, 09:45
Excellent work!

Nickademus
August 7th, 2013, 04:43
Updated 8-6-13

Nickademus
August 10th, 2013, 04:10
Updated 8-9-13

lachancery
August 10th, 2013, 04:30
Coming along well... Good job!

Nickademus
August 11th, 2013, 05:48
Updated 8-11-13

Nickademus
August 12th, 2013, 04:37
Updated again on 8-11-13 (version 1.3)

Nickademus
August 15th, 2013, 02:30
Update 8-14-13

Nickademus
August 22nd, 2013, 02:44
Updated 8-21-13

biomage
August 23rd, 2013, 00:05
Good stuff! I keep looking forward to the next update.

hawkwind
August 30th, 2013, 16:44
good stuff to have, thanks for this

Callum
June 4th, 2014, 11:09
Nick - I was just adding some archetypes to this, and I noticed that you'd put the whole "Animal Companions" section into the xml under Druids, but not provided a link to it from any of the lists, which means it's not available from the GUI. Just thought I'd let you know, in case you wanted to update it - it seems a shame to have all that work hidden away!

Callum
June 11th, 2014, 22:20
Also, the Core Alchemist's Mutagen class ability is erroneously linking to the Mutagen discovery.

Callum
June 12th, 2014, 21:01
I've attached a version with the above error corrected (just rename the zip to a mod).

wigwam
June 13th, 2014, 12:09
Thanks!

Nickademus
January 14th, 2015, 12:39
Updated this to include the favored class bonuses from the Advance Race Guide.

Farnaby
January 14th, 2015, 21:21
Great stuff. Thanks!

edmaster530
April 30th, 2015, 21:45
So...only been using this awesome program for a couple of weeks now, and haven't seen anything for the Arcanist class. Does this mod (which is awesome and much appreciated) have that class? If not does anyone know of anyone else who has it?

Nickademus
May 1st, 2015, 00:20
It does on my end, but there is no actual data attached. Some real life things and game creation tasks interrupted my work on inputting the Advanced Class Guide info into this module. It's still in progress, as is the multitude of archetypes. (I actually had the framework for all the OGL archetypes in it but did something stupid and lost 10+ hours of work on this, which wiped the archetypes.)

edmaster530
May 3rd, 2015, 15:15
I see! Totally understand real life events happen and I greatly appreciate the information. Can't wait to see the next update :)

Falantrius
May 20th, 2015, 07:50
I would like to request the following additions to the next update "pretty please":
- Unchained Classes:
- Barbarian Unchained
- Monk Unchained
- Rogue Unchained
- Summoner Unchained

ShadoShryke
August 2nd, 2015, 16:03
Nickademus

Thank you so much. Due to the long closed status of gametableonline, I checked out a few systems, and decided that FG would be what we use. I was a little concerned, due to my groups use of almost every PF book and the PRD, but this solved the issues we would have encountered. Even if you are still working it, thank you.

You rock!

Nickademus
August 3rd, 2015, 22:23
I'm glad you enjoy them.

I'm working to make they more beneficial (well, I'm not working on them right now due to a backlog of work on my campaign, but I will be soon).

drizzt55
August 24th, 2015, 04:46
I would like to request the following additions to the next update "pretty please":
- Unchained Classes:
- Barbarian Unchained
- Monk Unchained
- Rogue Unchained
- Summoner Unchained

I want to second this request!

Nickademus
August 24th, 2015, 18:27
They are done. Working to finish up the ACG content, and a full overhaul of the design to make the whole module more user-friendly for making characters. Should be done in a few more days assuming there is no major delay.

lachancery
August 24th, 2015, 18:48
They are done. Working to finish up the ACG content, and a full overhaul of the design to make the whole module more user-friendly for making characters. Should be done in a few more days assuming there is no major delay.
Meh. FG is instructing me to spread some reputation before I can give to Nickademus again... Guess that makes me one of his fanboys.

Nickademus
August 24th, 2015, 19:11
lol, it's the thought that counts.

Nickademus
September 11th, 2015, 04:18
Updated to include ACG content and the Unchained variants (including skill unlocks for the rogue).

Unfortunately, I cannot yet upload the file to the forum as it is too big. I'll see what I can do to get it to you guys and gals.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2015, 04:43
Unfortunately, I cannot yet upload the file to the forum as it is too big. I'll see what I can do to get it to you guys and gals.
Split it up into individual books? That will also give GMs who wish the limit classes to specific books the option to just load those books.

Nickademus
September 11th, 2015, 04:58
I would rather not. I merged the Races and Classes modules together specifically so GMs would have less books open. Besides, it is smaller than some of the modules that are already hosted on the forum. I think the file size limit was just lowered recently for some reason. This will be an issue if you have to update the bestiary modules (as they are all over the size restriction).

Nickademus
September 12th, 2015, 01:37
Module updated and uploaded.

Enjoy
Nick

RustyAngel
September 12th, 2015, 02:54
Thanks a lot for this nick, and all the work you put into it :D

Falantrius
September 21st, 2015, 09:26
Wow I've been waiting for this - why does it says "Classes and Races" - didn't look like it had races in it..??

Nickademus
September 21st, 2015, 23:02
The bottom four entries are Core races, Standard races (<11 rp), Advanced races (10-19 rp), and Monstrous races (20+ rp).

Falantrius
September 24th, 2015, 07:59
The bottom four entries are Core races, Standard races (<11 rp), Advanced races (10-19 rp), and Monstrous races (20+ rp).

Novel concept - scroll down :)

Firehazurd
April 19th, 2016, 00:50
Looks like you have Shields in the Investigator's proficiency list, but they aren't proficient with shields according to the advance class guide. :cry:

Nickademus
April 21st, 2016, 21:26
Some typo's are bound to happen. Thanks for pointing that out.

On a similar note, someone in a live game the other day pointed out that I have the Hunter class at slow BAB instead of medium BAB.

nickabbey
September 21st, 2016, 19:08
First want to say that I use this module extensively and it is a huge help. Thanks for your work. I have a question though - this doesn't have Archetypes in it, does it? I was looking for an easy way to drag the tattooed sorcerer class abilities. I figured probably not, this is pretty ambitious already without adding in archetypes - but it never hurts to ask. Also, if I wanted to extend this and ADD the tattooed sorcerer class, could I do that? What would I have to know/do to make that happen? Just understand and modify the xml in the existing .mod file?

nickabbey
September 21st, 2016, 19:11
somehow I missed this in the OP - my bad.

Prestige classes and archetypes are beyond the scope of this module at this time, but there are sockets for them to be added.

My question still stands though - if I wanted to contribute by working on a single archetype that I need currently, how could I do that in a way that builds on this collaboratively?

Tosayuf
October 31st, 2016, 01:39
Is there a mod that gives all the archtypes for fantasy grounds?

Blahness98
October 31st, 2016, 14:03
Not at the moment. Nick's class module is the most complete one I have seen. The creation of libraries like this take the longest amount of time to make because of the shear number of links and the amount of information that needs to be entered via xml.

But, you can always add your own information to the module by following his examples of classes and archtypes that he already completed. I would, but my priorities are going towards making a bestiary 5 module.

lukitzme
March 20th, 2017, 03:12
Do you have a link for your most up to date mods. I want to be sure I have the current one. Thank you for your time.

Blahness98
March 20th, 2017, 15:44
More than likely that is the most up to date. I have started to update the module for my own use, but it is only when I have free time. I don't have a lot done as I am attempting to keep to nick's code formatting as much as possible and keeping his structure intact.

Then add in the other projects I have going between the games I am running, the game I am prepping, and the overall lack of free time, it will be a while before I get remotely close to completing the updates.

Best bet is to PM nick and see if he has an updates mod.

Nickademus
March 20th, 2017, 18:41
I stopped updating this module a while ago. Paizo releases content faster than I could convert it without sacrificing a large amount of my campaign prep time (or sleep time). And I have since moved on to D&D 5e, so I don't even play Pathfinder anymore.

Besides, Smiteworks will release all the classes and archetypes in their store products. (Let them do all that work, bah.)

Bidmaron
March 20th, 2017, 19:26
Sorry to hear you moved on, Nickademus. Might I ask what you found so compelling about 5e?

I have so much invested in 3.5 and PF that I just can't contemplate moving. Plus I like the policies of Paizo and their subscriptions and discount structure very much relative to the draconian WOTC policies.

damned
March 21st, 2017, 15:17
Sorry to hear you moved on, Nickademus. Might I ask what you found so compelling about 5e?

I have so much invested in 3.5 and PF that I just can't contemplate moving. Plus I like the policies of Paizo and their subscriptions and discount structure very much relative to the draconian WOTC policies.

And yet Pathfinder would not exist if it wasnt for the Wizards generous policies!
;)

Nickademus
March 21st, 2017, 18:48

I have no desire to turn this into a PF vs. 5e thread, so I'll just say this. I played and ran Pathfinder for several years (upwards of 4 games a week). I enjoyed it greatly, but recently the bloat of the RPG is just too much. As a player I'm swimming in content. As a GM I rarely know the content that my players bring to the table. I know that technically I don't need all the new stuff, but that leaves the nagging feeling like I'm missing something. That and high-level play is just atrociously cumbersome.

I moved on to a new RPG (well, edition) that is more simplistic without being too simple and has a much more manageable release schedule. I will enjoy 5e until it becomes too bloated for comfort several years down the road, then I will move on to the next fresh start.

Bidmaron
March 22nd, 2017, 00:33
Fair enough, Nickademus. Very good reasoning. I don't want to make this a vs thread either, just wanted to get your thoughts on your personal move. I respect your decision, and I have to confess to being tempted myself, but I am just not willing to relearn a new system. I am just thankful Paizo hasn't issued a new edition (yet at least).

nickabbey
April 20th, 2017, 18:28
I stopped updating this module a while ago. Paizo releases content faster than I could convert it without sacrificing a large amount of my campaign prep time (or sleep time). And I have since moved on to D&D 5e, so I don't even play Pathfinder anymore.

Besides, Smiteworks will release all the classes and archetypes in their store products. (Let them do all that work, bah.)

Do you by chance know when the smiteworks modules for this will be available?
I make heavy use of your module, but with the recent changes to the pfrpg ruleset in FG, this module is not as useful as it once was. Shame really, this is a wonderful piece of work. So, thanks for that!

Trenloe
April 20th, 2017, 18:36
Do you by chance know when the smiteworks modules for this will be available?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35675-Paizo-and-SmiteWorks-sign-an-agreement-for-official-Pathfinder-support!

Nylanfs
April 20th, 2017, 19:54
Soon(TM) (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)

Kulgark
April 22nd, 2017, 19:51
Hey guys! Im new here and I just bought Fantasy Grounds. I've been trying to put out together a new campaign, and I love the 3.5e and PFDR edition so I was wondering how can I set this up on my Fantasy Grounds campaign, is there any kind of tutorial? Because I've already donwloaded it and placed it on the right folder, I can access it via the game, but there are things that I cant do, with the Modules that are already on the game, such as draggin the class on the Character creation and instantly adding the numbers and the same goes for the races. How can I fix this?

I hope to get a helpful answer. Thanks for putting this up together! Much love, Kulgark.

damned
April 23rd, 2017, 02:04
Welcome Kulgark

The 5e ruleset has many more features in terms of character builds than the 3.5e ruleset does. This is for various reasons including 5e being the newer of the rulesets and 5e having licensed material so more options to take advantage of the licensed material have been built.

In saying that - there are some new capabilities for the 3.5e ruleset (but mostly for Pathfinder because Pathfinder is about to get a whole stack of licensed materials) that give you some of these capabilities.
Click Library and activate the Race, Class and any other Campaign Tools. Click Modules and activate the 3.5e modules. Click the magnifying glass next to Class/Level (from memory) and there is some drag/drop support there now.

Kulgark
April 24th, 2017, 03:52
Thanks for the Quick answer, I guess I'll try to do that. Ill Edit this message if it goes through or it doesnt. Thanks again!

Trenloe
April 24th, 2017, 05:08
In saying that - there are some new capabilities for the 3.5e ruleset (but mostly for Pathfinder because Pathfinder is about to get a whole stack of licensed materials) that give you some of these capabilities.
3.5E has the capabilities. PFRPG is built on top of 3.5E and shares over 95% of the same code. The drag/drop level up, races, etc. code is built into the 3.5E ruleset.

sega5
May 5th, 2017, 01:00
To clarify, because I am also new to FG (just purchased today), this module does not support Drag/Drop at the moment, but it might, because the PFRPG ruleset has the ability to. Correct?

swbuza
May 5th, 2017, 03:28
Yes. It's a matter of the data in this module being properly categorized (e.g. where and how it is stored in the XML).

Buwaro Elexion
June 20th, 2017, 00:31
10/10 make my life easy every day, thanks for your hard work!

Callum
August 11th, 2017, 09:38
I've been using the module for a while, and adding extra content that my players are using. Now it seems that the class ability items don't work with the FG character sheet any more - if you try to drag one from the module onto the Special Abilities panel (on the Abilities tab), it puts it into the Feats section instead. Also, all the class abilities that are already in the Special Abilities panel are now blank when you open them. Is this due to a change in the ruleset? If so, does anyone know how I can make it work again (perhaps by changing the item type in the module)?

swbuza
August 11th, 2017, 12:16
I've been using the module for a while, and adding extra content that my players are using. Now it seems that the class ability items don't work with the FG character sheet any more - if you try to drag one from the module onto the Special Abilities panel (on the Abilities tab), it puts it into the Feats section instead. Also, all the class abilities that are already in the Special Abilities panel are now blank when you open them. Is this due to a change in the ruleset? If so, does anyone know how I can make it work again (perhaps by changing the item type in the module)?

Class Features need to be class type "referenceclassability" in the XML.

swbuza
August 11th, 2017, 12:21
See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37793-Pathfinder-Ruleset-v-3-3-0

Callum
August 12th, 2017, 11:01
Thanks, swbuza - that's fixed it so I can drag-and-drop the class abilities to the correct place on the character sheet! However, they're still all blank when I open them. Is there something else in the formatting of the xml entries that I need to change?

swbuza
August 12th, 2017, 13:45
I do not know, because I'm not particularly familiar with this module.

What I found most useful was opening a blank campaign, loading no modules, and manually creating a race, a class, and the racial traits and class features of each. Then close FG and open the db.xml with Notepad++ and pay attention to where and how it stores everything.

Callum
August 12th, 2017, 21:16
Thanks for the suggestion, swbuza - I'll do that.

Wulfang
October 6th, 2017, 02:03
Hi Nick,

When I load the module in the Library, I can see it. But none of the information transfers to the NPCs, Races, Classes etc. tabs

Am I missing a step?

Faelwen
October 11th, 2017, 18:53
Hi Nick,

When I load the module in the Library, I can see it. But none of the information transfers to the NPCs, Races, Classes etc. tabs

Am I missing a step?

From the library, what you see is the info inside the <benefit> tag. From the character sheet (class abilities / proficiency / racial traits), you only see what is inside the <text> tag.

From what I can see, unfortunetly, in this module there is no <text> tag. The information will be properly copied during drag-and-drop, but it is just not visible unless it is in the "feat" part of the character sheet :-(

oldmanpac
October 21st, 2017, 08:14
I fixed my copy so that the info would appear, at least for class abilities I didn't test it beyond that. I simply opened the common.xml in wordpad. Used the replace command to replace every instance of "benefit" with "text". Then I went through again, replacing most instances of " text " with " benefit " (note the spaces). There were a few entries where " text " was correct so you have to look at it, but there's not too many. Seems to work.

I tried doing a replace "benefit type" and "/benefit" with "text" equivalents, but that created an error I couldn't figure out. It told me the line, but I didn't see anything wrong.

Faelwen
October 21st, 2017, 12:21
I fixed my copy so that the info would appear, at least for class abilities I didn't test it beyond that. I simply opened the common.xml in wordpad. Used the replace command to replace every instance of "benefit" with "text". Then I went through again, replacing most instances of " text " with " benefit " (note the spaces). There were a few entries where " text " was correct so you have to look at it, but there's not too many. Seems to work.

I tried doing a replace "benefit type" and "/benefit" with "text" equivalents, but that created an error I couldn't figure out. It told me the line, but I didn't see anything wrong.

It's a bit hard to diagnose stuff without the actual error message :-P

Anyhow, this module was created back when you could only drag-and-drop feats onto your character sheet, so the author wrote all his entries as if they were feats rather than class abilities.

About a couple of updates ago (I think?) they also added the possibility to drag-and-drop in the class/proficiency/racial windows.

However feats, class abilities, proficiencies and racial traits each have their own class, and expect to find information in different tags.

feats will look for relevant information in tags such as <benefit>, <special>, etc.
class abilities, proficiencies and racial traits expect to find thir information in a <text> tag.

Simply changing <benefit> to <text> might work for drag-and-dropping, but you will lose the ability to read the contents of the entry from the library because the library still thinks the entry is a feat and will try to locate the information in a <benefit> tag.

So you have two possibilities :

What I did in my own modules is "cheat" and make my entries act both as feats and class abilities by having both a <benefit> and a <text> tag with the same content. The advantage of this, is that not only can you still read the content from the library, and drag-and-drop from the library onto your sheet, but even from one window of the character sheet to another, and still be able to read the information. So just duplicate <benefit> tags into sibling <text> tags. Since there are thousands of entries in this module, doing this in a notepad will take a while, but programming a little script to do this is fairly easy.
The second possibility (which is probably the "cleanest") is to transform all the feat entries of the module into class ability entries. This is quite easy to do in a notepad: you only need to replace "referencefeat" with "referenceclassability", "<benefit" with "<text", and "</benefit" with "</text". I've given it a try just now and it seems to work fine. This solution does however have a downside from the previous one: if you drag-and-drop your entries into the "feats" window rather than the "class abilities" window of your character sheet, you won't be able to read the text because there no longer is a <benefit> tag.

oldmanpac
October 22nd, 2017, 03:34
It's a bit hard to diagnose stuff without the actual error message :-P

Anyhow, this module was created back when you could only drag-and-drop feats onto your character sheet, so the author wrote all his entries as if they were feats rather than class abilities.

About a couple of updates ago (I think?) they also added the possibility to drag-and-drop in the class/proficiency/racial windows.

However feats, class abilities, proficiencies and racial traits each have their own class, and expect to find information in different tags.

feats will look for relevant information in tags such as <benefit>, <special>, etc.
class abilities, proficiencies and racial traits expect to find thir information in a <text> tag.

Simply changing <benefit> to <text> might work for drag-and-dropping, but you will lose the ability to read the contents of the entry from the library because the library still thinks the entry is a feat and will try to locate the information in a <benefit> tag.

So you have two possibilities :

What I did in my own modules is "cheat" and make my entries act both as feats and class abilities by having both a <benefit> and a <text> tag with the same content. The advantage of this, is that not only can you still read the content from the library, and drag-and-drop from the library onto your sheet, but even from one window of the character sheet to another, and still be able to read the information. So just duplicate <benefit> tags into sibling <text> tags. Since there are thousands of entries in this module, doing this in a notepad will take a while, but programming a little script to do this is fairly easy.
The second possibility (which is probably the "cleanest") is to transform all the feat entries of the module into class ability entries. This is quite easy to do in a notepad: you only need to replace "referencefeat" with "referenceclassability", "<benefit" with "<text", and "</benefit" with "</text". I've given it a try just now and it seems to work fine. This solution does however have a downside from the previous one: if you drag-and-drop your entries into the "feats" window rather than the "class abilities" window of your character sheet, you won't be able to read the text because there no longer is a <benefit> tag.

The error message was for a failure to read closing tag. I checked the tag and it seemed fine. I did actually change the reference tag, I forgot to mention. I'm not super savvy at this, so I'm just swingin' a hammer. Also probably should leave the module editing for not 2am. My players mostly build outside of FG so if I fix the racial traits they should be none the wiser. Can you expand on making a script to do the duplicating?

Faelwen
October 22nd, 2017, 21:07
The error message was for a failure to read closing tag. I checked the tag and it seemed fine. I did actually change the reference tag, I forgot to mention. I'm not super savvy at this, so I'm just swingin' a hammer. Also probably should leave the module editing for not 2am. My players mostly build outside of FG so if I fix the racial traits they should be none the wiser. Can you expand on making a script to do the duplicating?

Most scripting languages have extensions to manipulate XML easily.

For instance in Python with the BeautifulSoup extension, the following script would duplicate all the "benefit" into "text" tags:

from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import copy

with open("common.xml", 'r') as inputfile:
soup = BeautifulSoup(inputfile.read(), "lxml")

for benefit in soup.find_all("benefit"):
new_item = copy.copy(benefit)
new_item.name = "text"
parent = benefit.parent
parent.append(new_item)

with open("common2.xml", 'w') as outputfile:
outputfile.write(soup.prettify())

ajgardner
November 7th, 2017, 12:20
Awesome stuff! Do I just drag this file into the modules section of my fantasy grounds folder to be able to access it?

Bidmaron
November 7th, 2017, 12:53
Welcome to the boards ajgardner!

Yes, but that does not let you get to it. There is another step, which is activating the module in your library. See p. 18 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf).

ajgardner
November 7th, 2017, 13:05
Thanks for the quick response Bidmaron! I was able to successfully put the file into the modules section of the folder and after a restart of the client was not able to find the module. I will attempt to recopy the file to the folder again. I am also reading over the manual for any more information.

damned
November 7th, 2017, 13:54
Thanks for the quick response Bidmaron! I was able to successfully put the file into the modules section of the folder and after a restart of the client was not able to find the module. I will attempt to recopy the file to the folder again. I am also reading over the manual for any more information.

welcome ajgardner
i notice in your other post you mention D&D - this is a Pathfinder mod and wont work (or be seen) in 5e... although it *might* in 3.5e.

ajgardner
November 7th, 2017, 14:50
welcome ajgardner
i notice in your other post you mention D&D - this is a Pathfinder mod and wont work (or be seen) in 5e... although it *might* in 3.5e.

that makes sense....I appreciate the info. would be awesome to see these in DND 5e though. thanks for your time.

LordEntrails
November 7th, 2017, 15:32
that makes sense....I appreciate the info. would be awesome to see these in DND 5e though. thanks for your time.
5E already has the SRD available. Since these are PF classes, they have different data fields and power and level growth are different in 5E so they are not compatible. You would have to convert them (which is possible)

ivioin
December 14th, 2017, 23:40
How do you get these classes in the classes section though? Not working for me, I can only see them in the library section.

swbuza
December 15th, 2017, 00:48
Module needs to be redone to leverage feature changes to fantasy grounds before it will 100% work.

RicMTheGM
December 27th, 2017, 18:40
Dang wish I would have searched this before entering in all of my own. Ah well, good experience for me

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2017, 19:34
Welcome RicMTheGM :)
You'll find the community here has done and shares a lot of stuff. Of course we are protective of copyright, we don't want to jeopardize the license agreements SmiteWorks has with many of the big publishers, but if it's legal to share their is a good chance it's on the forums here somewhere. If searching doesn't get you what you are looking for, just ask :)

nickabbey
December 30th, 2017, 17:03
Module needs to be redone to leverage feature changes to fantasy grounds before it will 100% work.

This comment or some info to this effect should probably be moved in to the OP so that folks know.
I think this mod is still linked in the stickied thread for mods, as well. Might be useful to have this info in that thread as well.

I got a LOT of mileage out of this mod before the formats changed, and it's still useful as a reference even if you can't drag and drop things on to char sheets.

I keep thinking to myself that this would be a good place for me to start learning how to make my own read only reference mods and understanding the XML schema by converting this module to handle the new formats... but then I start doing GM prep work and never have the time.

swbuza
January 7th, 2018, 05:59
RicMTheGM: Curious what you entered already. What classes? And are they from the PRD? If so, they might be useful for anyone who might be working on revising this module... (e.g. like me.. although I'm not having any time to even look at it lately, since being laid off for six months, moving across country, and starting a new job have taken priority)...

Bidmaron
January 7th, 2018, 14:02
swbuza, sorry to hear about your personal circumstances there, buddy. May God bring you better fortunes in this new year.

ErikZane
January 30th, 2018, 15:49
I can't seem to see the classes in the Classes window, though I can certainly see all the information when I look at the loaded module in the Library window. Are there any known conflicts, or is the module not up-to-date enough for the current version of Fantasy Grounds?

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 16:13
I can't seem to see the classes in the Classes window, though I can certainly see all the information when I look at the loaded module in the Library window. Are there any known conflicts, or is the module not up-to-date enough for the current version of Fantasy Grounds?
Welcome to the forums.

This module was last updated in 2015, so it doesn't present the class details in the campaign data (right side of the desktop), only in the library.

ErikZane
January 30th, 2018, 16:56
Welcome to the forums.

This module was last updated in 2015, so it doesn't present the class details in the campaign data (right side of the desktop), only in the library.

I thought that might be the case, from context clues in other posts, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't being dense and missing something. Thanks, and thanks for putting up a disclaimer in the main post at the top for future users!

Buwaro Elexion
May 24th, 2018, 17:45
I'm sad that this was seemingly abandoned, Occult content is somewhat old but still nothing. I'd love to get a kineticist in quick and easy, but I guess no such luck unless someone is working on one already.

damned
May 24th, 2018, 22:37
I'm sad that this was seemingly abandoned, Occult content is somewhat old but still nothing. I'd love to get a kineticist in quick and easy, but I guess no such luck unless someone is working on one already.

Its not abandoned. The last person has played their role and the module is awaiting input from the next person.

Fionavar
January 22nd, 2019, 04:23
It does not seem that this is working in FG any longer? I cannot see the Warpriest in the class list. Is there another mod that has the Warpriest ready for play?

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2019, 15:00
It does not seem that this is working in FG any longer? I cannot see the Warpriest in the class list.
This module has never displayed classed in the "Class" list. It displays details in the library. See the note in big red letters at the top of post #1.

Fionavar
January 22nd, 2019, 16:17
This module has never displayed classed in the "Class" list. It displays details in the library. See the note in big red letters at the top of post #1.

Okay - thanks. Is there any mod that does do this?

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2019, 16:36
Okay - thanks. Is there any mod that does do this?
I'm not aware of one (but that doesn't mean there isn't).

You could try making your own class record - start with one of the provided classes as an example, create a copy and modify as required. However, the issue will be with spells, as the character manager in the ruleset will not recognise "warpriest" as a character name for spell slot calculations - so this will have to be done manually. You may be able to get pretty close to drag/drop class functionality, but there'll always be some things that will have to be done manually.

Fionavar
January 22nd, 2019, 19:22
thanks - it imported okay from HL - so will just build upon that for now

lokomotiv
August 6th, 2019, 18:30
Hello guys,

I have this problem also that they do not show up in the class button. What do you mean imported from HL? How do I do this?

with kind regards
Mikael

Blahness98
August 6th, 2019, 19:19
The classes will not show up in the class button because the module is built as a library. If you open up the module in the library, the class information should be there for you to drag over.

Imported from HL means he created the character in Hero Lab and exported the character he built into a HLFG (I think that's the file type) and converted it to XML using the character converter found in the utilities folder of the his data folder.

To do this, you will need to purchase a Hero Lab Classic license and all relavant materials for building the character you from Lone Wolf (link (https://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-classic/)), export the file as HLFG file, use the character converter to change that file into an XML file, and then import the XML into FG in the character select screen. There is also a sticky with this process with more information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15531-Herolab-to-FG-PC-Import-Tutorial).

If you don't want to pay for Hero Lab, there is PCGen that is similar to Hero Lab and is free to use and get the data for. I personally have not used it, but there is a stickied thread for its use and how to import characters into FG in this section of the forum (link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21025-Updated-PCGen-exportsheet)). Otherwise, I believe Nylanfs is associated with PCGen and he could possibly assist you with its use.

Any questions, let us know.

oldmanpac
August 6th, 2019, 19:21
Ninja'd

aribethdm
August 8th, 2019, 15:14
how to use the unchained rogue, it is listed but I can drag an drop to automatically fill my sheet. Should I drag each trait and ability separately?

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 15:36
how to use the unchained rogue, it is listed but I can drag an drop to automatically fill my sheet. Should I drag each trait and ability separately?
As mentioned at the top of page 1, the modules doesn't support drag/drop functionality. So, yes, manually add the required details.

Bathios
December 25th, 2019, 21:44
How do you use a module like this?