PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Locked Icon Hidden/Obscured By Close Button

dulux-oz
July 31st, 2013, 15:53
Hi Guys,

Apologises if this is the wrong Forum.

Is it just me or does everyone have the Player's view of the Drawing Locked Icon hidden by the Close Button of the Image Window - I mean, I can see the very bottom of the Icon because I know its supposed to be there, but I seriously doubt if someone casually looking at the Image Window would see it.

For that matter, the first (ie right-hand most) Indicator Icon of any Image Window (Player or GM) seems to get obscured by the Close Button - is this an "undocumented feature" or is something going wrong.

Ruleset: 3.5E
O/S: Windows7

Cheers

Trenloe
July 31st, 2013, 16:18
It's basically a result of the close button overlapping the image display area. The base 3.5e ruleset and the dungeon and wood theme all do this. The button position could probably be modified to move the close button a bit to the top and right...

Just as an FYI - the icons that get covered are the "web" sharing icon for the GM and the magnifying glass "zoom" icon for the players or the GM if they haven't shared the map yet. Hard to see, I know, as most of it is hidden. :)

Trenloe
July 31st, 2013, 16:27
Looking at it a bit more, the themes all use the rulset positioning - they just change the graphics, not the layout.

In the 3.5e ruleset, \common\template_common_35e.xml the close button for the image is defined as:

<template name="close_image">
<close>
<anchored>
<top>
<offset>14</offset>
</top>
<right>
<offset>-19</offset>
</right>
</anchored>
</close>
</template>

Changing the offsets by 10 points each, i.e. top from 14 to 4 and right from -19 to -9, the button looks like this, allowing the indicators to be seen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Close%20Button%2010%20point%20Offset.jpg

dulux-oz
July 31st, 2013, 16:45
Kewl!

Thanks for that Trenloe - I wasn't sure if it was doing that by design or if something was going wrong with my copy. I think I'll make that coding change so that we can see the icons - thanks.