PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 3E lproblems

Tush Hog
July 30th, 2013, 05:14
Hello,

I'm new here - greetings all!

I've bought the GM/Player license and I've downloaded the WFRP 3E ruleset. I've downloaded the library and themes. But after placing them in the Application Data Folder / Module folder I try to load them but they don't show up in the module folder in the game.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

Trenloe
July 30th, 2013, 05:25
You need to place the extensions (.ext) in the \extensions folder and the modules (.mod) in the \modules folder.

Stop and start FG and create a new WFRP 3 campaign - you should see your extensions as options on the new campaign screen.

Then, once loaded, go to module activation and see if the modules are available to activate.

Trenloe
July 30th, 2013, 05:26
Oh, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds! :-)

Tush Hog
July 30th, 2013, 06:22
Thanks for helping!

So I gave the WFRP ruleset the extension name .pak and placed it in the FGII file and it shows up on main intro screen.

However, the modules that I've downloaded (I gave them the .mod file name) do not show up when I access the Module Activation box. The generic ones show but not the ones I've placed there.

Trenloe
July 30th, 2013, 13:51
The 2 modules available for download already have the .mod extension - you shouldn't need to rename/add anything to the filenames.

When you look in the \modules directory and see all of the modules provided with Fantasy Ground do you see the .mod extension on the files or not? for example, "3.5E-basicrules.mod". This will tell if Windows is actually hiding the extension (a default setting for known file extensions).

Tush Hog
July 30th, 2013, 20:40
No it doesn't list them with the full .mod file name.

I'm at a bit of a loss. When I load the 4E and 3.5 rulesets, the mods for those rules show up in the Module Activation call up screen. The ones for WFRP 3 do not. Nor do the extension files I've placed in the extensions folder. Am I suppose to somehow associate the mods and extensions with the ruleset?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2013, 20:47
No it doesn't list them with the full .mod file name.
Assuming you have Windows 7: In Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Remove the check/tick from "Hide extensions for known file types" and press OK.

Then, see what the extensions and modules show for their full filename including .ext or .mod.

I'm at a bit of a loss. When I load the 4E and 3.5 rulesets, the mods for those rules show up in the Module Activation call up screen. The ones for WFRP 3 do not. Nor do the extension files I've placed in the extensions folder. Am I suppose to somehow associate the mods and extensions with the ruleset?
The modules and extensions are coded to work for a specific ruleset - so, as long as you are running the correct ruleset you should be able to see the modules for that ruleset.

Tush Hog
July 30th, 2013, 21:29
I'm using windows xp on this machine. I do have another that runs vista.

Not sure if this is connected, but after trying to uninstall and reinstall FFGII I always get the "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml" error message at the end of the install.

The WFRP 3E ruleset loads up but no mod or ext files for it will.

Trenloe
July 30th, 2013, 22:46
I'm using windows xp on this machine. I do have another that runs vista.
Follow the exact same steps outlined above to turn off "Hide extensions for known file types".

Not sure if this is connected, but after trying to uninstall and reinstall FFGII I always get the "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml" error message at the end of the install.
Are you successfully completing an update after the install?

What version of FG does it show in the top right hand corner when you first start FG?

neilgfoster
July 31st, 2013, 09:29
Also ensure that the ruleset file is named exactly 'WFRP v3.pak'. Fantasy Grounds matches modules and extensions to their ruleset based on the name - if you have renamed the ruleset file to anything other than the original name then it will not match the modules correctly.

Tush Hog
July 31st, 2013, 17:16
Also ensure that the ruleset file is named exactly 'WFRP v3.pak'. Fantasy Grounds matches modules and extensions to their ruleset based on the name - if you have renamed the ruleset file to anything other than the original name then it will not match the modules correctly.

I think that got it!

Also the version of FGII is showing 2.9.4

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me!

neilgfoster
August 2nd, 2013, 16:23
Cool. Glad to help.

Hope you enjoy using the ruleset!

Tush Hog
August 2nd, 2013, 18:42
It's fantastic! I'm so excited to begin playing over FGII. I've never used an online tool to run a game, but the work you've put in (and others with the library) is amazing. WFRP 3e is my favorite game and it really feels just like I'm playing with all of the components at hand. Well done.

I notice on your website that you're woking on the next version - looks to be a pretty sweet update.

Doug

kid_happy
August 2nd, 2013, 19:24
I second this. Awesome work guys, I can't wait to play with my friends.

It's fantastic! I'm so excited to begin playing over FGII. I've never used an online tool to run a game, but the work you've put in (and others with the library) is amazing. WFRP 3e is my favorite game and it really feels just like I'm playing with all of the components at hand. Well done.

I notice on your website that you're woking on the next version - looks to be a pretty sweet update.

Doug