PDA

View Full Version : Missing resources

dberkompas
July 28th, 2013, 04:46
Found the following while learning how to write extensions.

I did a /console, then /reload ruleset

Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
Ruleset Warning: Could not load framedef resource (frames/bonus_mod.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/button_tracker.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/button_tracker_down.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/button_cct.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/button_cct_down.png)

There's a button_ct_down.png
There's a button_ct.png
There's a bonus.png

The other two I couldn't find anything similar.

Hmm, maybe I should have done a search to see if this had already been reported, my apologies.

Did a search:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17332-XML-Element-Value-error&highlight=bonus_mod

BoomerET

dr_venture
July 28th, 2013, 22:25
Are you using the latest ruleset extension update? It's in the first thread in this group, and patches the ruleset to be version 2.8. I know there are a number of bug fixes in it.

dberkompas
July 29th, 2013, 00:30
Odd:

I downloaded the 2.081 extension, clicked to add it in my game.

Now when I do the same steps, it got worse:
Ruleset Warning: Could not load framedef resource (frames/borderlesssheetgroup.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/indicator_checkon2.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/indicator_thrown.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/indicator_casterbonusspell_hide.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/indicator_casterbonusspell_show.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (icons/tab_horizontal.png)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load framedef resource (frames/borderlesssheetgroup.png)

Now I'm really confused.

dberkompas
July 29th, 2013, 04:14
I guess that's not a good gauge of testing.

Something can be fixed in an extension, but if you reload the ruleset, you're still going to get the original messages, because the extension probably hasn't been parsed yet?

Just guessing.

dr_venture
July 29th, 2013, 04:15
Hmmm... not sure what to suggest. It's a relatively old ruleset at this point. The replacement ruleset is being actively developed, and should have no errors like that. It's possible that those graphic files are being called but actually aren't used by the ruleset anywhere. Does it play and look OK? Also, I assume that you're not using any skin with the game, just the default graphics, correct?

dberkompas
July 29th, 2013, 06:59
That's what I was thinking, they're defined, but not used, so nothing is noticed during gameplay. Not that I'd know, I've never played a game in FGII. Sad, I know.

I hope to soon, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

BoomerET

dr_venture
July 29th, 2013, 07:07
Well, I've got an opening in my game if you're interested - the deets are in the Guild House forum.

Dakadin
July 29th, 2013, 08:43
Those warnings mean that it couldn't find the files to load them. It usually means that the if the graphic is specified that it won't show anything there so you likely wouldn't even realize it was missing.

S Ferguson
July 29th, 2013, 19:20
When writing extensions that call graphics, they must be included in the extension. That's where it will look for them first, and it's good practice to maintain the directory structure. If you include frames, for example, you should put a frames directory in the extension that calls them.

dberkompas
July 29th, 2013, 19:54
dr_venture, re the game, thanks, I'll check it out. Don't have time for campaigns, but one-shots are in my future.

S Ferguson: Real life Ain't this Way (Sorry, that was meant for Jay Ferguson, not S)
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure if I ever get off the ground w/ Lua coding that I'll pay strict attention to established norms.

BoomerET

Trenloe
July 29th, 2013, 20:06
Found the following while learning how to write extensions.

I did a /console, then /reload ruleset

These 4 button resources are not used in the ruleset anywhere, so these can be ignored.

The same for the framedef bonus_mod - it is defined but not used.

Basically, these are definitions that use these graphics files - but the definitions are not called within the ruleset.

Perhaps at some point the graphics files were removed as they weren't being used, but the definitions weren't cleaned up. More likely, these were graphics in the original ruleset that C&C was based on, they weren't used so the graphics files were removed but the definitions weren't.

Either way, the warnings can be ignored. If these definitions were actually being used you would probably see an error in addition to the warning.

dberkompas
July 29th, 2013, 21:24
Thanks Trenloe