PDA

View Full Version : Chase tool problem

grapper
July 26th, 2013, 15:35
When I share the chase tool minitracker with my players they don't see anything in it, not even their own characters and regardless of how I toggle the NPC visibility. I've tried it with both Host control on and off and I get the same result both ways.

/version
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.0 (Build 18)

I tried it on a fresh install of FGII and a new campaign connecting with a localhost connection and the minitracker is still blank.

Ikael
July 26th, 2013, 18:29
I can reproduce this issue. The main issue is that chasetracker databasenode is never shared to clients. Previously it was, but now it's no longer. In addition there is database issues sharing action cards in chasetracker:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_cardhand.lua"]:45: attempt to index upvalue 'dbNode' (a nil value)

Without fixing the sharing the chasetracker seems to be unusable :/ I have made quick fix in the SW Enhanced Desktop extension. I will attempt to share/upload it tomorrow if I have time.

I hope phantomwhale can do the quickfix to the ruleset (if you need some help to identify the issue, email me)

phantomwhale
July 28th, 2013, 23:14
Apologies for this - I can recreate the bug too, and will sort out the fix tonight. Ikael - feel free to post over a pull request / patch though, if you've already figured it out !

phantomwhale
July 29th, 2013, 12:40
Have found the bug, squished it, and pushed the fix back to Smiteworks.

So look out for v3.4.1, coming down the automatic updater within the next day or two.

grapper
July 29th, 2013, 13:28
Thanks!

Ikael
July 29th, 2013, 17:39
Have found the bug, squished it, and pushed the fix back to Smiteworks.

So look out for v3.4.1, coming down the automatic updater within the next day or two.

I checked out the code and seems like it will fix only one problem. Still if "Minitrackers: Host controls" preference is set to off, the issue remains. In addition I found out that host's "Clear Entire Tracker" option is dangerous: If host uses it, he cannot no more share the tracker with clients when the "Minitrackers: Host controls" preference is set off. The issue above is also still there and prevents host from adding combatants to chasetracker after it's opened by the client (again the issue is that node is not there for the client). I can create pull request for you where I point these spots I made.

phantomwhale
July 30th, 2013, 10:21
Thanks a lot for the investigation and pull request - it also highlighted yet another issue to me too, around deleting the combatants list whilst a player has it open.

Have hopefully patched all of these up in what will be v3.4.1 - so it's back to Doug to release, unless you see any further issues in what I've pushed, of course !!

phantomwhale
August 1st, 2013, 05:00
3.4.1 should be in the patch tool now - can someone update and confirm it seems OK now ?

tauriih
August 1st, 2013, 06:51
3.4.1 should be in the patch tool now - can someone update and confirm it seems OK now ?

Confirmed!