PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a D&D DEMO game. Drop in player etc... My play time is in post.

Sir Garlin
July 26th, 2013, 09:52
Hello I'm new to FG2. I was previously a DM for AD&D 2nd and 3.5 eds. I'm considering purchasing the Ultimate license for this program to run a campaign online for my friends and other players. But I'd like to see how this program works in action before making a purchase. I have already downloaded the unregistered version of the game. I'd be very interested in playing a DEMO game if someone has room for me as a drop in character and already has the Ultimate license so I can connect. I live in the USA and am under time zone EST. I have a bi-weekly rotating work schedule so I'm sure I can try a game on one of every two weeks depending on your schedule. My times go like this. This week 07/26/13 I had Wed/Thurs off work. Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun I worked/will work from 5pm-7am. Then next week I'll have every day off except Wed/Thurs which I work 5pm-7am again. And it rotates like that over and over. If you think you have room for someone to demo I'd appreciate it, I'm 32 yrs. old and I won't ruin your game play, but I am new to the program. I have never PLAYED as a player in any AD&D game I only have been a DM, but I'm sure I'll play just fine as I have always wanted to play a game rather than just write them. I'd would most be interested in D&D versions 3.5 or even 4th ed because I plan to run one of those two games myself. And I'm more familiar with their rule style. But I would try other rules sets just to see how the program works, I just don't know if playing a game I'm unfamiliar with would ruin the session cause I'm a total newbie trying to understand the rules.

Nickademus
July 26th, 2013, 12:17
https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr

It's an outdated version, but it will give you an idea of if the product is worth the license.

Macgreine
July 28th, 2013, 19:46
Hi Sir Garlin,
Welcome to FG2. Good luck finding a game. I would be happy to have you sit in or run a demo game for you and others but alas I dont have an ultimate license and wont pay an additional $115 to get one. This is usually the part of the discussion where I get on a soap box and start singing about what a dysfunctional arrangement this is, but I am going to be good this time and go away quietly.

Anyway welcome and good luck, Mac

JohnD
July 29th, 2013, 00:19
Suggest you get a Full license and motivate your players to get Lite licences at the same time. Those with some skin in the game are more likely to be reliable attendees. YMMV and all that.

And, naturally, welcome! :)

damned
July 29th, 2013, 08:11
Im not sure how closely this does or does not align...

There is room for another if you are interested.
Time will be EARLY for you - but you might be home from work in time...
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Silverton&iso=20130804T2030&p1=240&ah=4
We play every 2nd week.