PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Zombie survival game

grimm182
July 24th, 2013, 17:08
I want to run a SW games that is an RPG hybrid of Zombicide and Clue...find stuff, stay alive, zombie hordes are bad...

I plan to use the Clue boardgame as the battlemap with half movement rates.(pace 6 move 3 squares) and shambling Romero type zombies. (still working out how many spawn per round)

Players can spend an action searching a room for usable items or weapons (players start with nothing)...i hope the players familiarity with Clue will lead to some great improved ideas!!...Plum throwing billiard balls...Scarlet with a rope! ect.

Besides the old "survive 20 turns till help arrives"...what are some good motivations for the players besides staying alive!

Oh and Mr. Body obviously was into the black arts!!

grimm182
July 24th, 2013, 18:30
Wow, after a lot of googling...this idea is around in many forms!!
Still open to suggestions tho! :)

sakmerlin37
July 24th, 2013, 19:03
How about pure, old-fashioned greed? As in: The last player alive wins this awesome item "X" with such-n-such stats that they get to use on future games.

grapper
July 24th, 2013, 20:40
Do a full clue-zombie mashup. Everyone is gathered at the house, lights go out, Mr Body is dead and someone in the room did it. Someone goes to call the police, but they can't come because... there's a zombie outbreak!

Recruit one of the players to be the murderer. Game ends when the others uncover him. Turns out that he summoned the zombies to cover the murder. Alt: don't tell the player he/she is the murderer with the excuse that he/she is a really good liar.

grimm182
July 24th, 2013, 21:04
Doing the full clue but with zombies had crossed my mind... :)

i also like the idea of players getting infected on being wounded and them having to make a test each round to avoid getting more zombie-like.
Those who fail become player controlled zombies and control the zombies they are near and work against the remaining un-wounded players.
Maybe anyone who makes it to the end could be cured...

OR...play with the clue rules...when the "murderer" is finally uncovered...they get to be the "zombie master"....and well you know...

grimm182
July 25th, 2013, 01:55
Quick map i did for this...if anyone wants to use it.
https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ytpwl2&s=5

grimm182
July 27th, 2013, 17:19
Progressing nicely...4535

Mgrancey
July 28th, 2013, 05:42
As a thought for zombie spawning, take a look at Zombicide. Couple of nice ideas in it:

first there is an escalation level as zombies get killed and XP is gathered more get spawned
noise tokens cause more zombies to spawn;
4 different zombies: walkers (shamblers), runners, fatties (tougher), Abomination (toughest very hard to kill requires special weapons (molotav ****tails)

grimm182
July 30th, 2013, 17:06
As a thought for zombie spawning, take a look at Zombicide...yea played a few games of Zombicide this weekend.
kinda meshing a few games together at the moment. :)