PDA

View Full Version : Testers for updated Cthulhu ruleset

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2013, 08:08
I'm currently in the process of alpha testing the next version of Fantasy Grounds (v3.0). One of the features of the new version is a base layer that all rulesets can be built on in order to provide faster distribution of new features to all rulesets.

I chose the Call of Cthulhu ruleset as one of the oldest rulesets with an active fan base in order to test the migration of an older ruleset onto this new layered ruleset platform. However, I don't play Call of Cthulhu so I could really use the help of any testers who want to try it out and give me feedback.

If you decide to help, please make a backup of your campaign directory, as the process does involve some updates to the campaign database that are only compatible with the v3.0 version of the ruleset.

Also, please let me know if you are testing, so I can verify that we have some CoC testers on board during the alpha and beta process. Also, this is your chance to ask for new capabilities as well.

To update, you will need to change to Dev mode in the FG Settings window, click OK, and then Update.

To go back, you will need to change to Release mode, and Update. Then, you will need to remove the rulesets/CallOfCthulhu.pak file from the FG data directory, and re-install the old ruleset from your order downloads.

All future updates will go more smoothly now that it is in our updater system.

Thanks,
JPG

scionofnyarlathotep
July 24th, 2013, 14:13
Hi JPG

I'm willing to act as a CoC play tester for you as I know what's involvled having given some assistance with Savage Worlds 3.3 and 3.4.

Given that CoC is heading for the 7th edition release by the end of the year, is anyone planning to update the rule set which has numerous amendments?

CoC really does need some good loving to bring it anywhere near the level of AD&D or Savage Worlds and anything this bear of little brain can do to help, I will.

Cheers

SoN

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2013, 17:05
Thanks, scion. I think you'll like the changes you see so far.

As for the next version of CoC, I would need someone to identify the changes needed to update (if any) to the ruleset. If modules require changes, then we'll need to plan further.

Cheers,
JPG

scionofnyarlathotep
July 24th, 2013, 19:10
Thanks, scion. I think you'll like the changes you see so far.

As for the next version of CoC, I would need someone to identify the changes needed to update (if any) to the ruleset. If modules require changes, then we'll need to plan further.

Cheers,
JPG

Below is an excerpt from the 7th edition Kickstarter. I was involved in the mass play test but I'm not sure what is and is not being changed. There are some big changes in the works though. I'm play testing some of the Nameless Horrors scenarios in September so should have a better idea then. They're looking to get the physical product out on 31 October 2013 and I think getting FG updated to reflect the new rules would be awesome and hopefully draw in more players.

Here's an overview on some of the revisions that will be found in Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition...

Creating your Investigator
There are lots of great options for creating investigators, along with advice on integrating your investigator with the story. It also provides you with support and tools for generating an investigator’s backstory, enabling players to create fully rounded characters with a reason to investigate the Cthulhu Mythos.

Skill rolls
Not everything is so easy for the investigators -- if they attempt an especially difficult task the new rules introduce the ‘hard’ and ‘extreme’ skill rolls. Revised skill descriptions and new skills like Intimidate and Charm have been added to provide investigators with more ways to investigate and uncover the secrets of the Mythos.

Opposed rolls
No need to refer to charts -- everything you need is right there on the character sheet!

Pushing skill rolls
Sometimes your investigator fails a task. With the new rules, if you want to try a second time you can -- if you can justify it! But beware -- failing a second ‘pushed’ roll will have dire consequences -- opening the door for the Keeper to take the story in all sorts of new, exciting and sometimes unexpected directions.

Lots of Advice for Players and Keepers
The new rules have been written with a mind to helping all players get the most of Call of Cthulhu. Particularly, a special advice chapter for Keepers on how to construct a scenario, how to build tension and horror, and how to develop the story and engage your players. Whether you are new to the game or have been playing a while, there’s information and tips for everyone .

Toolkit
Over the decades many gaming groups have developed their own style of Call of Cthulhu play, and 7th Edition provides you with options, tools and advice on how to tailor the game in a way that will suit you and your group. Whether you like things more pulpy or gritty, there’s optional rules to build and scale the game you want.

Missed a clue? No worries!
Ever had your players get stuck because they don’t know what to do next? The new rules provide a mechanism for handling such tricky situations; a revision of the Idea Roll rule. Now you can throw tricky investigations at your players and not have to worry if they pick up every clue or not. The new Idea Roll helps to keep your game on track without unnecessary railroading of the players.

Sanity
The sanity track remains, however the Keeper is provided with new guidance on how to deal with episodes of insanity, including phobias, manias and delusions. Plus the Keeper is provided with advice on how to tamper with the investigator’s backstory -- potentially corrupting their relationships, their possessions and other important aspects of their life as they sink further and further in to the cosmic abyss of the Cthulhu Mythos.

Combat
Sometimes your investigator will have to rely on his or her fists! All unarmed attacks now come under the one skill of Brawl, allowing you to describe your attacks as befits the situation. Weapons and firearms retain their own skill categories. Combat now works with opposed rolls, allowing you to resolve combat scenes faster than ever before and avoid drawn-out "miss - miss" situations, whilst giving players more options on the things they can do during a fight. Fast paced and exciting combat!

Combat maneuvers replace the old grapple rules. Now you just describe what you want to do and roll versus your opponent -- allowing greater freedom to create exciting fight scenes. Your investigator can do more during combat than just fight or flee!

Chases
An entirely new chase system that allows you to combine vehicles, monsters and pedestrians in exciting chase scenes. Remember the chase scene in Lovecraft's 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth' wherein the protagonist, Robert Olmstead, flees the Gilman House hotel via a window and is pursued across Innsmouth by deep ones? These new rules enable you to stage exciting chases like that in your game.

Monsters
You’ll find a host of old favourites here, along with a few new faces, as well as insightful marginalia providing details, notes and ideas on many of the monsters and gods therein.

Spells and Tomes
7th Edition provides revised rules for how to handle magic in your game and also revisits tome reading times, as well as providing advice and ideas on how to use tomes in your scenarios and games. If your investigator has never cast a spell before you may find you get more than you bargained for! Likewise, insane ancient Mythos wizards and monsters have access to deeper realms of magic and a range of spells have suggested effects for just this type of insane casting.

New scenarios
"The Haunting" -- the old faithful scenario is back, with added, step by step Keeper’s advice for new players. Plus two new scenarios: "Amidst the Ancient Trees" and "Crimson Letters", designed for both new and veteran Keepers. "Crimson Letters", set in witch-haunted Arkham, provides the ideal starting point for a campaign.

Anything else? The entire rulebook has been revised, edited and will be presented in a brand new layout with loads of cool new artwork.

Isembard
July 26th, 2013, 20:49
JPG
I'm running Masks of Nyarlathotep regularly so i'd be happy to play test also. Just let me know what you need.
Thanks
Isembard

Moon Wizard
July 27th, 2013, 10:18
Mainly to make sure I didn't break anything in the ruleset while adding the new features. ;)

JPG

S Ferguson
July 29th, 2013, 20:26
I'll definitely be testing with my Cthulhu Invictus Campaign.

leetsepeak
August 10th, 2013, 21:17
The Quickstart rules are out as of yesterday and comes with the 7th Edition Character Sheet. That might be prudent to look at if you're looking to convert the character sheets.

Most of the difference seems to be how they calculate the primary attributes, in addition to changes to combat and Luck and skill consolidation.

EDIT: So for my personal ruleset I just revised the skills so they're awesomely consolidated a la 7th edition. However, I've had to remake all my old character sheets so they wouldn't have the old versions of things and stuff.

VenomousFiligree
August 12th, 2013, 14:03
Hi JPG, sign me up please.

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2013, 17:45
It's immediately available for alpha testing for anyone who has already purchased the CoC ruleset and is running the v3.0 alpha. It takes advantage of the new ruleset layers, so it gained quite a few features. You can see the Laboratory forum for more information on the v3.0 alpha.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
August 13th, 2013, 22:30
Get the following when I create and load a PC:

Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Bitmap (portrait_id-00001_charlist) does not exist
Script Error: [string "scripts\charsheet_portrait.lua"]:20: attempt to call field 'getBitmap' (a nil value)

Can't see anyway to add portraits to a PC sheet.

(btw should i post issues here or elsewhere?)

Moon Wizard
August 14th, 2013, 05:50
Hmm, not getting that error in my test campaign. A couple questions:
* Are you using an existing campaign or a creating a new campaign?
* Are you creating the character on the GM version or via a client instance?

Portraits can be set by clicking the portrait on the character sheet, and can be set by the GM or player now.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
August 14th, 2013, 06:56
I'm on a completely new install. I created a new campaign. All done on the GM version. I can't select the portrait how you suggest.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2013, 00:01
Apologies for the delay. Got swamped with Gencon and travel for the last week.

* Which does the version message say in the chat window when you start up with the CoC ruleset?
(I have "Call of Cthulhu ruleset v3.0 for Fantasy Grounds. Copyright 2013 Smiteworks USA, LLC.")

* Are you running any extensions with your campaign?

If you have the same version message and no extensions, please send me a copy of your CoC campaign folder zipped up. ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

cscase
September 9th, 2013, 04:17
This is piddly, but I noticed while messing around that the charselect window is now resizable, whereas it wasn't before. But the background image used in it doesn't tile, so if you resize this window, it looks ugly. Maybe easiest to just make the window a fixed size again?

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2013, 21:31
I was playing around with making character sheets resizable, and I just happened to be working on the CoC ruelset. None of the backgrounds in the CoC ruleset tile well. I can lock it down to fixed size again, not really an issue either way.

JPG

Valarian
September 9th, 2013, 23:03
Does the problem tile have a border? If it's just a background image, you can convert it to a seamless tile by mirroring the tile horizontally, and then both vertically.

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2013, 23:29
No, the frames in CoC look more like portraits or pictures. They are not really designed to be resizable at all.

JPG

S Ferguson
September 12th, 2013, 02:14
Thank goodness. Upsampling images (where it's even feasible - which is never) would require a *major* FG rewrite.

Cheers,
SF

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2013, 07:33
New update to the Dev version of the CoC ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

S Ferguson
September 13th, 2013, 17:07
New update to the Dev version of the CoC ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

I noticed. Nice work.

Cheers,
SF

Bubo
October 27th, 2013, 17:39
My group has just started a new campaign using this alpha version of FG/CoC. How would you like bug reports submitted? We encountered the following script error while attempting to roll the following entries off of the character sheet: SAN, Idea, Luck, and Know.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:214: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I have modified the ruleset files to create an additional page for the character sheet. To preserve my modifications, I copied the CoC ruleset provided from the update with a different name. This morning, I created a new campaign in FG with the original ruleset files, and experienced the same error.

Bubo
October 27th, 2013, 17:44
On a separate tangent, I have a couple of questions regarding modifying the ruleset entries.

1. What is the font used on the character sheet tabs?

2. Is there any documentation on how to generate sub-window entries (i.e. new skills, new inventory, etc) using the foundation concept in 3.0? I noticed that there was actual script inside the XML files related to the character sheet in this CoC ruleset, where in the previous version the script was contained elsewhere and called through the character sheet XML.

S Ferguson
October 27th, 2013, 17:50
My group has just started a new campaign using this alpha version of FG/CoC. How would you like bug reports submitted? We encountered the following script error while attempting to roll the following entries off of the character sheet: SAN, Idea, Luck, and Know.

I have modified the ruleset files to create an additional page for the character sheet. To preserve my modifications, I copied the CoC ruleset provided from the update with a different name. This morning, I created a new campaign in FG with the original ruleset files, and experienced the same error.

I believe that under the 5e ruleset (which the alpha release is based on) that those are "non-rollable" values SAN being determined by POW, Idea off of INT etc. It's not actually a bug. it's just that the rules have been changed.

Cheers,
SF

Post Scriptum: You post bugs here, or on the Alpha Release Thread under development.

S Ferguson
October 27th, 2013, 18:07
On a separate tangent, I have a couple of questions regarding modifying the ruleset entries.

1. What is the font used on the character sheet tabs?

2. Is there any documentation on how to generate sub-window entries (i.e. new skills, new inventory, etc) using the foundation concept in 3.0? I noticed that there was actual script inside the XML files related to the character sheet in this CoC ruleset, where in the previous version the script was contained elsewhere and called through the character sheet XML.

Until the beta cycle is complete and FG 3.0 becomes "official" the documentation is in the code. the CoC, 4e, 3.5e, Pathfinder and Numeria.

Cheers,
SF

Trenloe
October 27th, 2013, 18:21
I believe that under the 5e ruleset (which the alpha release is based on) that those are "non-rollable" values SAN being determined by POW, Idea off of INT etc. It's not actually a bug. it's just that the rules have been changed.
Err, are you sure? Yes, they are derived values but you frequently make rolls against these values - how do you "make a SAN check"? Make an Idea roll? You roll percentile dice against these values.

They *are* rollable values in the 2.9.4 CoC ruleset (double-click on them and the percentage dice are rolled).

The fact that an error is coming up indicates that there is some code based off the double-click event for these fields - this code is actually attempting to do a roll...

This *is* a bug.

EDIT: And are you seriously saying that an error that comes up every time a specific action is carried out in the ruleset is *not* a bug? Really??

S Ferguson
October 27th, 2013, 18:35
Err, are you sure? Yes, they are derived values but you frequently make rolls against these values - how do you "make a SAN check"? Make an Idea roll? You roll percentile dice against these values.

They *are* rollable values in the 2.9.4 CoC ruleset (double-click on them and the percentage dice are rolled).

The fact that an error is coming up indicates that there is some code based off the double-click event for these fields - this code is actually attempting to do a roll...

This *is* a bug.

EDIT: And are you seriously saying that an error that comes up every time a specific action is carried out in the ruleset is *not* a bug? Really??

Well no. I'm not stating that. But given the fact that these are auto-filled value slots, and we are running 3.0, not 2.9.4, I still maintain that this is it's default behavior. There might be a bug underlying it but it's not with the auto-filled stats.
Cheers,
SF

EDIT: I was able to reproduce. The 5e rules are quite different than the 4e rules that shipped with 2.9.4, Given the nature of the problem, I'd say there is possibly a bug in the double-clicking (which shouldn't be allowed by default) still lingering in the code. Those boxes weren't made to be double-clicked.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2013, 19:00
But given the fact that these are auto-filled value slots, and we are running 3.0, not 2.9.4, I still maintain that this is it's default behavior.
I don't see how this has any bearing on this issue. The CoC ruleset has been ported from FG 2.9.4 to 3.0 - it has not been rewritten from the ground up for 3.0. So the default stance should be "if it is working in 2.9.4 and it is not working in 3.0 then there is an issue here." Also, the fact that the fields are auto-filled has nothing to do with this. There is code hanging off these fields that initiates a roll. It doesn't roll and an error comes up. This is the code for the idea check:

function action(draginfo)
local nTotal = getValue();

local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode().getChild("..."));
local sDesc = "[ABILITY] Idea Check (" .. nTotal .. "%)";
local rRoll = { sType = "ability", sDesc = sDesc, aDice = {"d100","d10"}, nMod = 0 };
ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll);
end

There might be a bug underlying it but I haven't been able to reproduce. You?
Yes - absolutely, 100%. Open a character sheet - if it is a new character SAN, Idea, Luck and Knw will all be 50. Double click on the "50" for any of these fields and the error will come up.

The 5e rules are quite different than the 4e rules that shipped with 2.9.4, Given the nature of the problem, I'd say there is possibly a bug (that I haven't been able to reproduce) but not according to the rules as they are written.
I'm confused as to what you are actually saying here. Are you saying that in moving from Call of Cthulhu 4th edition rules to Call of Cthulhu 5th edition rules that suddenly you don't make a percentage roll against SAN, Luck, Idea or Know? Read page 20 of your CoC 5th edition rulebook - it clearly shows that these "characteristic rolls" are rolls that are made against these "derived" statistics. Your statement of the "rules as written" is completely inaccurate.

S Ferguson
October 27th, 2013, 19:13
Okay, you win. I back down. :) The problem bypassed me completely. I was under the impression you were suggesting that the stats themselves were rollable;. as in generated. And the code for COC was pretty much written from the ground up, under 3.0, being built on the CoreRPG layer if it was written line by line from the 2.9.4 version, there would be no need to update it (or have bugs introduced). But that's an obvious statement. The post was edited, but probably after you got the "from the gut" one. I apologize if this was offensive or provocative). I did check the code over and realized the error after the post was initially written.

Cheers,
SF

EDIT: FWIW the option for auto-rolling was turned off when I was testing, in which no error appears. The error probably stems from these optional rules.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2013, 23:24
And the code for COC was pretty much written from the ground up, under 3.0, being built on the CoreRPG layer if it was written line by line from the 2.9.4 version, there would be no need to update it (or have bugs introduced). But that's an obvious statement.
To be clear here, as there seems to be lack of understanding on how the CoreRPG vs specific ruleset structure works, and how 2.9.4 rulesets are being migrated to 3.0. The CoreRPG ruleset gives a complete base level Fantasy Grounds implementation - giving all of the objects that are ruleset agnostic: chat window, chat functionality, story entries, images and maps, base characters (a blank main tab, and inventory tab and a notes tab), basic items, personalities, tables, dice rolling, whispers, tokens, basic combat tracker, etc., etc.. It is made this way so that all future changes to the core functionality can be upgraded across all rulesets based on top of the CoreRPG ruleset.

Then, each ruleset that is layered on top of the CoreRPG ruleset gives all of the ruleset specific needs: character sheet layout and functionality, NPC sheet layout and functionality, Combat tracker layout and functionality, ruleset theme, etc..

For the Call of Cthulhu ruleset - do you really think that Moon_Wizard has started from scratch and re-built the Call of Cthulhu ruleset from the ground up? No, he has not. Building from the ground up, even on top of CoreRPG would be a big effort, and would introduce the very real possibility of 2.9.4 campaigns not being usable in 3.0. What he has done is taken the 2.9.4 ruleset and removed all of the "stuff" that is now in the CoreRPG base ruleset layer. He has then taken all of the CoC ruleset specific "stuff" and modified it so that it fits on top of the CoreRPG base layer and also makes use of any new functionality in the CoreRPG layer that was not there in the 2.9.4 CoC ruleset. There have been some tweeks and minor layout changes - but the basis for the 3.0 ruleset was the 2.9.4 ruleset.

Hence my statement "if it is working in 2.9.4 and it is not working in 3.0 then there is an issue here." The reason for this statement is that the CoC ruleset specific code should be similar in 3.0 as it was in 2.9.4 (with any changes needed to fit in on top of the CoreRPG base layer). In our example - if the code was there in 2.9.4 to roll the dice on the Idea characteristic then it should be there in 3.0 - which it is (but there is a "bug" with it). If you look inside the 2.9.4 CoC ruleset and the 3.0 CoC ruleset you will see CoC specific files with very similar names, e.g. to construct the character sheet the following 5 files are used (2.9.4 ruleset file name first): charsheet_main.xml = record_char_main.xml, charsheet_skills.xml = record_char_skills.xml, charsheet_inventory.xml = record_char_inventory.xml, charsheet_personal.xml = record_char_personal.xml, charsheet_notes.xml = record_char_notes.xml. These 5 XML files make up the 5 tabs in the character sheet. They have been migrated from the 2.9.4 version to the 3.0 version with changes made to fit within the CoreRPG structure (and some minor cosmetic changes). They most certainly *have not* been "written from the ground up".

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2013, 01:03
bubo,

Thanks for the report. It is indeed a bug. It will be fixed in the next round of patches.

Regards,
JPG

Bustok
November 12th, 2013, 22:01
when i try to insert a skill for a personality i get this error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_skill.lua"]:18: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

Another problem:

When i use the the "race" option inside personalities, the roll column doesn't work: when i drag the npc in the combat tracker i have all identical creatures.

Metzik
December 22nd, 2013, 13:24
Any news on what changes thathave been made to 3.0?
Bought the CoC ruleset the other day and have read through most posts in the CoC section of the forum and I understand it's one of the older rulesets and in need of an update.

S Ferguson
December 22nd, 2013, 15:54
Bought the CoC ruleset the other day and have read through most posts in the CoC section of the forum and I understand it's one of the older rulesets and in need of an update.

As of FGIII it's officially updated.

Cheers,
SF

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2013, 16:46
The Call of Cthulhu ruleset has been updated to take advantages of the layered CoreRPG functionality in FG 3.0. This means that there are a lot of core features that have been available in more recently developed rulesets that weren't available in the previous CoC ruleset that are now available in CoC. It also means that the CoC ruleset will be able to take advantage of future upgrades to the CoreRPG ruleset. Some info on the new features in FG 3.0 are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20044-Release-v3-0

cscase
December 22nd, 2013, 19:30
Hey Metzik,
Just a couple of the features that I really like having in the new version of the CoC ruleset:

The chat window is better: You can unlock the chat window and move it or resize it. The old one was small and a fixed size and position.
There's a calendar which could be particularly cool for investigative scenarios. Lots of times CoC scenarios have investigations that take place over the course of days and weeks, and sometimes there are events that happen on a specific timetable, so this has big potential to be useful for CoC.

Metzik
December 28th, 2013, 13:26
Thanks guys, sounds awesome!

leetsepeak
December 30th, 2013, 04:55
Where are the new rules available for download? I bought the old ones on the store on this website and when I downloaded it again it seemed like it was the exact same file, no updated version. Any clue on what to do?

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:17
Where are the new rules available for download? I bought the old ones on the store on this website and when I downloaded it again it seemed like it was the exact same file, no updated version. Any clue on what to do?
You need to put you FG website User Name and password in the "Settings" screen (accessible from the first screen) - press the "Update" button to allow you to enter the password to go with your User Name. This should then list all of your "Products" that you have purchased that can be updated. Run the FG updater and you should download the latest CoC ruleset.

leetsepeak
December 30th, 2013, 05:29
Much obliged! Works like a charm. The Calendar is absolutely AMAZING...

Only thing I'm thinking now is that I might fiddle with it to make it more 7th Edition compliant based on the 7E quickstart. That said, I'm no wiz so I might just update the skill list to reflect the one on the 7th edition character sheet, which is much simpler and easier to work with.

Amazing job, guys!

littleo
January 2nd, 2014, 21:53
I'm currently running FGII Masks of Nyarl. If I update to FGIII, what happens to my campaign data- player stats, etc? How do my players with the lite license upgrade- just hit the update button? Thanks.
Mike D

damned
January 2nd, 2014, 22:08
in theory CoC campaigns should upgrade with few hiccups... everyone needs to update at same time.

Valgard
January 3rd, 2014, 19:20
Thought I'd check up on the updated ruleset but even after entering my name and password in the settings, FG won't update CoC. I originally purchased the ruleset from Digital Adventures, is that data available to FG or do I have to purchase it again from the store for the updater to recognise I have the ruleset?

cscase
January 3rd, 2014, 19:27
Hey Valgard,
I had the same situation come up for me. Send an email to [email protected] and they will be able to get your purchase linked up to your account and working through the downloader.

littleo
January 4th, 2014, 04:29
I've udgraded to FGIII and have a few questions.
1. Now whenever my campaign saves I get a notepad pop up with "campaign saved" text. I have to close that window. Should that be happening?
2. The COC campaign doesn't really look any different? Someone was mentioning a calendar function. I don't see it. How do I tell if my COC ruleset has been updated?
Mike D

Trenloe
January 4th, 2014, 05:37
1) Don't close the console window that appear - leave it running in the background (hidden by other windows) and it won't pop up over the top of other windows.

2)When you load a CoC campaign in FG the versions will be written to the chat window. The current live version in 3.0.1. If you are not running on that version make sure you have your FG website User ID and password entered in the "Settings" window before doing an update - this reads your purchases (from the FG website store) and updates products you have purchased.

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2014, 06:34
Just figured out the console always opening issue. It only occurs after viewing FG Settings or running Update. I have to post a new updater to resolve, coming in v3.0.2.

Regards,
JPG

littleo
January 4th, 2014, 18:15
I am def. running FG 3.0.1, as seen on the launcher window. When I start a new COC campaign I choose COC in the rulesets window. In the text box below I see Version:1. When the tabletop comes up, in the chat window it says COC (c) 2008, and then a line about registered trademark to Chaosium. Guess I'm still confused about whether I'm running a new version of the COC ruleset.
Mike D

Trenloe
January 4th, 2014, 18:25
When I start a new COC campaign I choose COC in the rulesets window. In the text box below I see Version:1. When the tabletop comes up, in the chat window it says COC (c) 2008, and then a line about registered trademark to Chaosium. Guess I'm still confused about whether I'm running a new version of the COC ruleset.
You should be seeing this when you start a CoC campaign:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/CoC%20V301%20Version%20Message.JPG

If you aren't seeing this, then go through the update process with your User Name and password entered in the settings window as mentioned above.

VenomousFiligree
January 4th, 2014, 18:31
I am def. running FG 3.0.1, as seen on the launcher window. When I start a new COC campaign I choose COC in the rulesets window. In the text box below I see Version:1. When the tabletop comes up, in the chat window it says COC (c) 2008, and then a line about registered trademark to Chaosium. Guess I'm still confused about whether I'm running a new version of the COC ruleset.
Mike D
Likewise. I purchased my copy from RPGNow

Trenloe
January 4th, 2014, 18:38
If you have your user name entered in the FG settings window (press the "update" button next to this and enter your user name and password) and see some products listed, look for DGA070 in the product list, this is the Call of Cthulhu ruleset:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Products%20in%20Update%20Window.JPG

If you don't see this then you will need to contact Smiteworks on [email protected] giving details of where/when you purchased the ruleset so that they can add the ruleset to their update database for your FG user name.

VenomousFiligree
January 4th, 2014, 18:58
Email sent.

cscase
January 4th, 2014, 19:22
Here's a screenshot with three things you can easily check, and it also shows where the new calendar feature is:

Right-clicking the chat window gives you an "Unlock" option.
The NPCs tool on the right side has a new icon with a green Cthulhu head.
The cluster of buttons in the top-right includes one for the calendar tool (and probably another new one or two, but I can't remember for sure).

littleo
January 4th, 2014, 19:42
Yeah that did it Trenloe. I think I didn't have all products highlighted when I did the previous update. My tabletop now looks like the screenshot cscase just posted. Thanks gentlemen. As always, very helpful.
Mike D

littleo
January 5th, 2014, 03:51
I've got everything updated, and seems to be running well. However, I don't have any auto-save function working in my COC campaign. I've run it as admin, but still no auto-save. I can manually save it. Any idea how I can fix that?
Mike D

Moon Wizard
January 5th, 2014, 04:32
The auto-save is working, and triggering every 5 minutes as usual. However, the notification messages are being sent to the FG log. If you would like to see the messages, you can open the log console using the /console command.

Regards,
JPG

littleo
January 5th, 2014, 17:06
Ah, got it. Thanks much.
Mike D