PDA

View Full Version : Would a Harry Potter world setting be possible

XtremeTko
July 23rd, 2013, 23:28
Ive been a fan of rpgs for a long time and still pretty new to being a player. Seeing if there is a GM out there that might be interested in starting one. Doesnt really have to follow the books but just developing our own world out of it. With a lot of games out there, there is a lot of rules and such but since there is no direct rulebook, it might be nice to find a group of people to just get together and create our own stories. Just a thought and we might be able to use rules and concepts from other RPG settings into this.

grapper
July 24th, 2013, 16:05
I saw a fan-made Savage Worlds conversion for a Harry Potter setting. It might be a good jumping off point for you.

https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/Savage+Conversions

Valarian
July 24th, 2013, 19:00
Or Fate Core. It's applicable to most settings and Harry Potter would fit well. The download is on a pay-what-you-like basis at the Evil Hat website. The Dresden Files ruleset in the Library will give you a platform to run it on in FG2.

XtremeTko
July 24th, 2013, 21:42
Looking if there is a gm out there that wants to tackle this world

Blahness98
July 25th, 2013, 00:42
I am still playing around with making a dungeon based off of the chocolate factory from Willy Wonka. And then again I do not have the background knowledge of London or the surrounding bit of England to even tackle something like this.

Starcrawler
July 25th, 2013, 01:41
I am very tempted to organise this, however I live in England. So if I am to run it I will most likely be doing it during GMT, and most likely on Sunday evenings (If we say... 6 or 7 PM GMT that'll be 2-3 PM EST, which wont be too bad for a Sunday). If that's not doable, then let me know what times you're available and we'll go from there.

Let me know if any of that sounds good for you guys and if there's enough interest here I'll think about having a go at organising this. I'm a huge Potterhead (I essentially grew up reading HP), so this will be fun for me, and allow me to learn more of the fate core ruleset which I have dabbled in (as Valerian above knows) but I'm interested to learn the dynamics of GMing it.

If I do get enough interest then it probably wont be up for a good few weeks or so, I'm thinking at the earliest late August early September.