PDA

View Full Version : Progress!

dr_venture
July 23rd, 2013, 05:44
Sferguson has been cranking on the programming for a few weeks now, putting in a *ton* of time to hammer out the bugs. And... -shock- I threw away a whole weekend and cranked out a much better organized and more usable version of the rollable skills page, like a simpler version of the OSRIC's Skills page. This quick update is just to let you know we're making good progress... and that I think there is a glimmer ahead which is -not- an oncoming train, but a little promise of daylight ahead. Keep thinking happy thoughts!

dberkompas
July 24th, 2013, 05:20
I've just found C&C thanks to the latest Kickstarter, and picked up the PDF's from the Christmas in July sale on DriveThru.

Is this update to bring C&C up to 5th Ed?

If it is, will I get a free update from 4th Ed to 5th Ed in FGII?

dr_venture
July 24th, 2013, 07:15
Welcome to C&C - I just love this game system, and I hope you have even half as much fun as I do with it!

The update is much more a FG ruleset update than it is a 5th edition update, as FG functionality has changed far more drastically that C&C. There are some changes that are 5th edition, such as inventory objects and encumbrance... I think there are a few others. Basically, wherever we have found changes in 5th ed. we have tried to put them into the ruleset, but I wouldn't call it exhaustive.

The update is mostly to add functionality to the ruleset, like draggable inventory items, rollable skills, beefed up map/image tools, etc. As far as I know, anyone who has the latest 2.0 ruleset for FG will be upgraded to the newer ruleset for free. I'll let Smiteworks give you the official word on that, but they have been very generous on that front.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2013, 07:35
Currently, we provide all updates to purchased rulesets for free.

Regards,
JPG

damned
July 24th, 2013, 08:14
but i wanna pay *something*!
you guys rock.

dberkompas
July 25th, 2013, 01:12
Thanks for the info.

Watching the KS end!