PDA

View Full Version : Drag-n-Drop Stats Modules

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2013, 02:14
EDIT: I have removed the Proficiencies module because the information has become redundant. To gain use of the Drag n Drop proficiency assets for races and classes, consult their respective modules in the following threads.

Class Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19279-Character-Class-Module&p=153629#post153629)
Race Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19363-Character-Race-Module)

Mgrancey
July 23rd, 2013, 07:07
Nope, its not actually hard work just time consuming rote work to accomplish it. Hero Labs when converted does handle that though, so using that you could use it as a short cut to have a decent chunk of it dealt with. You would simply need to extract them from characters and then put it into a module and wrap it all up together.

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2013, 07:32
I dislike Hero Labs, but thanks. I think I might just make a library that has them. Not a lot of content; a good thing to practice with.

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2013, 17:43
EDIT: See top post

Trenloe
July 29th, 2013, 17:59
I dislike Hero Labs
You could try PCGen?

I think I might just make a library that has them. Not a lot of content; a good thing to practice with.
I like the library you've put together - I've posted a link to this thread in the stick modules thread. Thanks! :)

Nickademus
July 29th, 2013, 19:52
You could try PCGen?

Let me rephrase: I dislike electronic character creation. I'm a bit old school... books, index cards, the perfect mechanical pencil... It's a personal quirk.

I like the library you've put together - I've posted a link to this thread in the stick modules thread. Thanks! :)

No problem. Going to work on some others too. Race and class abilities, favored class bonuses. I might even redo the complete spell, traits, feats and magic items mods as I see the parser copied a lot of NULL values and spliced some of the formatting up.

I see that you are listed as an author for one of the mods. Who else would I approach for permission to update the other PFRPF mods? I only see the parser listed as the author.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2013, 20:28
No problem. Going to work on some others too. Race and class abilities, favored class bonuses. I might even redo the complete spell, traits, feats and magic items mods as I see the parser copied a lot of NULL values and spliced some of the formatting up.

I see that you are listed as an author for one of the mods. Who else would I approach for permission to update the other PFRPF mods? I only see the parser listed as the author.
I'd hang off doing any work on the spells or magic item modules as we are currently working towards getting these updated centrally. We're also working on updating the Bestiaries and Paizo OGL NPC modules centrally - so don't waste your time updating those.

In terms of permission to update: If you're taking other people's mods and changing them then it's good manner to PM the author and ask them if it is OK to modify their work - most authors are listed in the threads that the modules came from. Most of the modules (but not all) that have parser listed as the author are probably mine.

Some of the module authors may no longer be active on the forums - give them a few days to reply to a PM and then assume they aren't active at this point, go ahead and modify their work and make sure you credit them in any updated modules you release.

Nickademus
July 29th, 2013, 20:47
Thanks for the heads up.

biomage
July 30th, 2013, 04:01
Thanks for the heads up.

Great stuff! It makes leveling up for players a little easier in the middle of a gaming session.