PDA

View Full Version : 3.4 Issues

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:11

After receiving the 3.4 update, I do not have a module entry button nor is anything showing in my library. Call of Cthulhu, 3.5E/4E and C&C all work fine; it seems to be only related to Savage Worlds. Right now, Fantasy Grounds is unusable for my current games :(

Doswelk
July 21st, 2013, 23:13
Have you clicked the module button inside library?Did you watch this video it covers some (but not all of the changes)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5e7JBie32Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHSJY58TshY6mBFZvhCSkOQ

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:18
Also, clicking the [INIT] button produced the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/dlr_combattracker_fatechipssection...."]:22: attempt to index field 'type' (a function value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/dlr_combatant.lua"]:8: attempt to call field 'getSourceNode' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_combatantlist.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_combatantlist.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template hiddennumberfield
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template hiddenstringfield
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_token.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/groupcontrol.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_targeting.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_targeting.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_effects.lua)
Script Error: [string "scripts/dlr_combattracker_fatechipssection...."]:22: attempt to index field 'type' (a function value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/dlr_combatant.lua"]:8: attempt to call field 'getSourceNode' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template swscrollercontrol
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template closebutton_combattracker
Ruleset Error: Control 'defensivesection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'fatechipssection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'spacingsection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'effectssection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'defensivesection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'fatechipssection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'spacingsection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'
Ruleset Error: Control 'effectssection' anchoring to an undefined control 'damages'

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:19
Doh, double post! :/

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:21
Have you clicked the module button inside library?Did you watch this video it covers some (but not all of the changes)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5e7JBie32Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUHSJY58TshY6mBFZvhCSkOQ

@Kevin - Good afternoon (or evening :P)

Unfortunately, there are no buttons within the Library window.

Also, found another error, while typing in the field available in the Library:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_filter.lua"]:29: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "library:pagelist"]:1: attempt to index field 'name' (a nil value)

Doswelk
July 21st, 2013, 23:28
Are you using Ikael's extensions?Have you downloaded the 3.4 compatible ones?Also looks like you are running a hybrid of the COC ruleset and SW is that your own or Ikael's (never used Realms of Cthulhtu) again if so have you downloaded the 3.4 version?On a completly different note why am I not getting line returns and you are?!?!?!

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:36
When I type /ver here's what I receive:

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.0 (Build 18)
Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.2.0 (Build 6)
Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)

I haven't activated Ikael's version with the DL:R modules due to incompatibility. I'll download the newest one now...

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:46
Okay, after downloading and installing Ikael's new extenions (plural), I was able to get the [MODULE] button within the Library; however, as soon as I clicked it, I received:

Script Error: [string "moduleselection"]:1: attempt to call field 'setName' (a nil value)

Without Ikael's Library Extension, I get the above issues. That seems kinda' odd, not sure why I'd need his Library Extension to get module functionality.

When I tried to close the Library window, I received this code:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_filter.lua"]:5: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Doswelk
July 21st, 2013, 23:54
When I type /ver here's what I receive:
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.0 (Build 18)Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.2.0 (Build 6)Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)I haven't activated Ikael's version with the DL:R modules due to incompatibility. I'll download the newest one now...Ah-ha!You do not have the updated version of Deadlands reloaded yet!Mine is 1.3.0 build 3 (that might not even be the latest), suspect you need to wait for Deadlands update to be released!

sakmerlin37
July 21st, 2013, 23:58
That is not cool. How many of these need to be updated for 3.4 to work? I would NOT have downloaded the update if I knew it was going to break what I currently have. I just bought Deadlands: Noir, if you're correct, that should work... I'll give it a shot

sakmerlin37
July 22nd, 2013, 00:05
This is my first bump in the road with my love affair for Fantasy Grounds. I'm pretty peeved at the moment. All the work I have put into developing my own modules, books, library, etc. will now have to be re-tooled to work with 3.4? I've put hundreds of hours into developing a game I can play with my family & friends which is now not useful; where can I find a list of the changes I need to make to any work I've done for myself?

phantomwhale
July 22nd, 2013, 00:56
I'm not involved with the release process (just the development), so can't be 100% sure what has occurred here, but I'll try...

According to the release thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19194-Savage-Worlds-Deluxe-version-3-4-out-now), Deadlands: Reloaded update should have been published. Have you made sure the your Updater Settings are set to "Live" and you have all the products selected in the box of products ? Once you have (or even if you already have), try running the updater again - might have been unfortunate timing.

You also mention concern about work done on modules / books / libraries. The data structure for Savage Worlds has NOT changed (although it has evolved a little) so any modules / books / libraries that worked with 3.3 SHOULD work with 3.4 - the incompatibility will be with extensions that bring in new code (such as the Deadlands Fate Chip tool, or a setting that adds new attributes to a player character). All commercial extensions should be patched very soon, if not now. So if you still have something you've worked on that no longer works, please let me know, but I'm hoping this is just a misunderstanding on what needs fixing and what is being / already fixed.

I would HIGHLY recommend to EVERYONE that whilst going to the new version, you SWITCH OFF any third party extensions, and yes, that even includes Ikael's. Whilst these are still on, all bets are off for what is causing problems. I know Ikael has already prepared an updated 3.4 version of his extension - it's highly unlikely that any third-party extension would work across releases due to the programming model we use.

sakmerlin37
July 22nd, 2013, 01:01
@Ben

Unfortunately, if I switch off Ikael's Library Extension, everything in Savage Worlds is broke. I did several updates by using the update function with my name and password input correctly.

It seems to me that I am going to have to re-code 2 settings I have created (or, am in the midst of creating); they, too, are not working in the SW environment. This would seem to highly discourage people to create their own material and to use only "official" items.

I've kept hitting update every 30 minutes or so; maybe I can delete the Dreadlands: Reloaded module/extension and hit [UPDATE] to see if that fixes it.

sakmerlin37
July 22nd, 2013, 01:49
Found a fix, had to delete the specific EXT files (DL:R, Savage Suzerain, Sundered Skies, & Rippers) and then hit update. They only halfway updated (or something like that) without deleting the files.

phantomwhale
July 22nd, 2013, 03:19
Glad the official stuff is working.

As for home-grown stuff, there is a balance between allowing faster ruleset development and maintaining compatability. This release is the first that has taken a larger jump forward in functionality, but at the cost of heavier work keeping the extensions in step. However, I was getting so many support requests from people trying to use Ikael's extension with commercial extensions, it seemed this was the right path to take.

That said, I was not aware of anyone (other than Ikael) writing home-grown extensions to any degree, so prioritised ruleset advancement beyond backward compatibility, although to be clear, the FGII extension model on top of the ruleset as currently written is sadly always going to be very powerful, but also quite brittle.

The better news is I would be interested to lend a hand in upgrading the code - it might help me understand more ways I can make the Savage Worlds ruleset easier to extend in a less brittle manner. So there are some useful hooks in there now which generally work between versions, but only in places where I have found a need to add them - e.g. for my own extensions.

Feel free to PM / email me about this. If you have the copy in source control - even better !

Cheers,
Ben (-PW-)

Mgrancey
July 22nd, 2013, 06:13
I can confirm that deleting extensions to download worked on issues with Deadlands. And that minimal PG for DL: Noir still seems to work fine as well.

Ikael
July 22nd, 2013, 22:46
I haven't activated Ikael's version with the DL:R modules due to incompatibility. I'll download the newest one now...

I am glad to state that after SW v3.4 update DL:R extension is compatible with the Enhancement Extensions. See the SW Enhancement Extensions thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions) for more information

sakmerlin37
July 23rd, 2013, 01:53
Thanks for the hard work on that, Ikael. As I've been developing my own stuff for FGII, I can see how difficult it is for everybody to stay on top of things.

Mask_of_winter
August 9th, 2013, 15:11
I can't find a way to deal adventure deck cards to players. I tried dropping cards in the character selection window or straight in the adv. card tab of the pc's sheets but nothing happens

I have an ultimate license and am using the adventure deck. I have updated the SW ruleset but still have 2.9.4 for FG2 (Cant get it to update). I am using all of Ikael's extensions but the same bug occured before I had them.

Can anyone offer any help? I am running that game tonight and would like to get the adventure deck working. This will be my first attempt with 3.4 since its released.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 16:25
but still have 2.9.4 for FG2 (Cant get it to update).
2.9.4 is the latest live release of FG.

CarstenB
August 10th, 2013, 12:34
Hi everybody,

after upgrading to 3.4, I experience problems with the adventure deck extension. Upon picking a card from the deck and trying to deal it to a player, nothing happens (meaning the card is not added to the character under "adventure cards").
I can "deal" the card to the chat box.

Any idea what the reason might be?

Thanks for any help in this matter

Mgrancey
August 10th, 2013, 13:05
I can't find a way to deal adventure deck cards to players. I tried dropping cards in the character selection window or straight in the adv. card tab of the pc's sheets but nothing happens

I have an ultimate license and am using the adventure deck. I have updated the SW ruleset but still have 2.9.4 for FG2 (Cant get it to update). I am using all of Ikael's extensions but the same bug occured before I had them.

Can anyone offer any help? I am running that game tonight and would like to get the adventure deck working. This will be my first attempt with 3.4 since its released.

I know of no particular issues, but don't use the adventure cards or Ikael's extension since only SW campaign is deadlands reloaded right now.
That said these question are not meant to be insulting this is just how you problem solve these kind of issues.

Are both the module and the extension in the correct place?
Is both the extension and the module for adv cards activated?
Did you set force load for players in module selection?
Have you double checked the options while in Savage Worlds?
If you have modified the deck have you made sure everything is setup correctly?
Have you tried dropping them onto the character portraits on upper left?

ddavison
August 10th, 2013, 14:53
Can you tell us what ruleset you are using and the output from when you type /version?

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)

Does the Adv.Card tab show up on the character sheet?

What happens if you drag a card directly to that tab?

bislab
August 10th, 2013, 22:19
Hey gang, I was hoping for some help as well. I just updated to the new version of Savage Worlds 3.4.1 build 2. I'm running Deadlands reloaded and am having the following issues:
(Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.2 build 6 and Adventure Deck Verision 1.2.0 build 3. I've had a game setup and running for quite a while now before the update. I did the update and now I can't remove PC's or NPC's from the combat tracker. There is no option to clear or remove entries. I also can't deal adventure deck cards, there is no longer an option to do so. I read elsewhere in this thread that there is a newer version of Deadlands:reloaded, if so, it does not update. I have checked my keys and made sure it appears in my list for the updater...but no update. Any help please? I've got a game in two hours that looks like will not go off if I can't fix these things.
Update: It also looks like I can't even access the character sheets! They appear in the character selection window, but you can't open the sheets! Also, I am NOT running any further extensions other than the ones noted.
Well crap...the problems keep rolling in. Also no books in the library.

bislab
August 10th, 2013, 22:33
Ok, seems to be working now after I deleted both Deadlands .ext that I found in the extensions directory and re-updated.

phantomwhale
August 11th, 2013, 04:45
Ok, seems to be working now after I deleted both Deadlands .ext that I found in the extensions directory and re-updated.

Alas, I'm not involved in the packaging / updating, so can't offer much insight on why these problems have arisen. But certainly, any old copies of extensions are going to cause problems, and will need to be removed.

If a certainly extension or ruleset seems totally broken, this is almost certainly going to be the case. Hence why I'll always for the output of the "/version" command when any such bugs are reported

CarstenB
August 11th, 2013, 18:47
Thanks for the hint with the version(s) - I had installed the adventure deck version 1.0 (build 9). After upgrading to version 1.2 (build 3), everything seems to work fine.

I will immediately check the versions of all other add-ons I use, as I had some strange issues with the fantasy theme - might be the same reason.

Thanks to everybody above for spending time and thoughts on the matter - problem solved :-)

Best regards
Carsten

Dr0W
August 16th, 2013, 05:14
I'm not sure if it's a 3.4 exclusive issue but... I've just bought the 50 Fathoms Player Guide and when I use the 50 Fathoms Theme the character sheet won't show up when I dclick it. It works fine on the other themes, but not on the 50 fathoms one.

phantomwhale
August 16th, 2013, 06:38
I'm not sure if it's a 3.4 exclusive issue but... I've just bought the 50 Fathoms Player Guide and when I use the 50 Fathoms Theme the character sheet won't show up when I dclick it. It works fine on the other themes, but not on the 50 fathoms one.

To be sure, what are you double-clicking ? (and not seeing the character sheet from...)

Also, might be worth saying what the output of your /version command is, in case you have an old version of something (for some reason).

Dr0W
August 16th, 2013, 15:54
Typing /version it displays "Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)"
And I didn't really mean double clicking, I meant single clicking (because that's how you really open it). And it's at the Character Selection screen, as a GM. I click a character and the sheet simply doesn't show up, at all.

I didn't care much because it was no big deal but right now I tried connecting as a player to my own game and the player can select or create a character and double clicking the portrait on the upper part of the screen does work for both, GM and player. However if the GM tries to click a player on the Character Selection screen the sheet doesn't appear. Once again, this only happens while using the 50 Fathoms Theme Extension.

Ikael
August 17th, 2013, 18:19
I suspect that you have old version of the 50 fantoms extension (there was issues in old version). Unfortunately there is no display version code/sctipt in the current version but would recommend that sivu would be added.

Doswelk
August 18th, 2013, 09:53
Hmm I cannot re-create the problem...

Dr0W
September 12th, 2013, 16:00
I've just lost my old HDD and had to reinstall everything and it still not works. Whenever I use the 50 Fathoms Theme, I cannot open the Characters from the Character Selection screen. Players can open it and I can open the player's characters from their portraits but I wouldn't be able to use characters that aren't being used by the players.

My thoughts are that I own the Player Guide only and maybe it's 50 Fathoms theme didn't get as much updates as the campaign one.