PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request : Welcome (GM) message.

dplehwalder
July 21st, 2013, 22:19
Its it possible to have a welcome message added to FG. That way when players log in when the GM is AFK and they can see the message.

i.e.
"Doctors appointment, play is delayed until 3:00 PM"
"Scott, your character is missing two feats, please choose them"

What would be really cool if you could add a timer to it. so it reads "Play starts in 0:16 minutes".

I have players in several timezones and play times seem to get confused all too often.

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2013, 22:56
Great suggestion. First time I've heard it. Please drop it on the wish list in my sig, so I have it with the other requests.

Thanks,
JPG

JohnD
July 22nd, 2013, 19:55
I do this by creating a new "map" and just drawing out my message in handy scrawl with the mouse drawing tool.

But, agreed, especially the countdown option.

Nickademus
July 22nd, 2013, 22:02
The map is a good idea (*totally stealing it*) but I don't think if you share it and go afk that a new player logging in would automatically get the share as well. I like the dynamic welcome message though.

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2013, 23:42
v3.0 will have make shared items "public", which means that everyone can see them (even new players). You can still share with individual players by droppin gon the character portrait.

Regards,
JPG

Blacky
July 25th, 2013, 08:32
v3.0 will have make shared items "public", which means that everyone can see them (even new players). You can still share with individual players by droppin gon the character portrait.

Regards,
JPG
That's great news, for a lot of usages.