PDA

View Full Version : #4-01 Rise of the Goblin Guild - August 3rd 9:00pm EDT (GMT-4)

lachancery
July 21st, 2013, 21:15
Saturday August 3rd 9pm EDT (GMT-4) (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=%234-01+Rise+of+the+Goblin+Guild&iso=20130803T21&p1=188&ah=5) (click link to check your local time)
Duration: 4-5 hours
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Server Alias: firm roll xeno gate
Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: voice.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers
Tier (level): 1st to 5th level

When a monster is discovered on the grounds of the Pathfinder Lodge at Heidmarch Manor in Magnimar, an investigation into its appearance leads the PCs deep under the City of Monuments—and face to face with a burgeoning thieves’ guild.

To join sign up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1045
AND post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and, if this is not the first scenario for your character, post a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet here. Your place is only confirmed once I get this information; seats assigned in order of confirmation.

Do not hesitate to post in this forum thread if you have questions. Looking forward to gaming with you!

Useful links if you are new to Pathfinder Society Organized Play using Fantasy Grounds:

PFS Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources
Character creation rules: Guide to PFS Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4) (It's free!)
Pathfinder rules reference: https://paizo.com/prd/ and https://www.d20pfsrd.com/
Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thead (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961)
Pathfinder FG library modules: Feats (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3513&d=1356479783), Traits (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3514&d=1356479797) and Equipment (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3512&d=1356479773).

Nickademus
July 21st, 2013, 21:43
I have a question. When I used to play Society, I wouldn't choose which character I was using until the players all arrived and chose theirs. That way I could ask them what they wanted and choose what would best fill out the party.

You seem to require the character's XML before allowing the player in the game. Is waiting not an option? Or do you just want XMLs for all the possible characters I would play?
(Another side question that I haven't seen any sign of on these forums. What about characters that have chronicles from live games? Does it have to be a digital FG Society character?)

Nickademus
July 21st, 2013, 22:33
Well, since it's first come first served, here is my character XML. Not sure if its everything you want since I dare not take the time to fill every detail in and lose a spot in the game. But it should be everything you need to make it Society-legal

Malkavian_Andi
July 21st, 2013, 22:34
Time to play my elven life oracle again. Here's his xml and chronicle.

lachancery
July 21st, 2013, 23:22
I have a question. When I used to play Society, I wouldn't choose which character I was using until the players all arrived and chose theirs. That way I could ask them what they wanted and choose what would best fill out the party.

You seem to require the character's XML before allowing the player in the game. Is waiting not an option? Or do you just want XMLs for all the possible characters I would play?
(Another side question that I haven't seen any sign of on these forums. What about characters that have chronicles from live games? Does it have to be a digital FG Society character?)
That requirement is primarily to make sure the players signing up have a valid Fantasy Grounds XML and chronicle sheets, and for the GMs to check the character sheet ahead of time. If you have multiple possible characters, how about listing them and uploading relevant XMLs? That way I'll get to look at the characters ahead of time and you'll reserve a slot with a PC to be confirmed later based on the party; I don't mind you change your PC up to the day before the game.

Nickademus
July 21st, 2013, 23:34
I understand, and that's pretty much what I expected.

My problem is that I didn't have any characters made in FG yet, so I was scrambling to get them made. Still not sure what all info is required, but they will be fully fleshed out prior to the game. Will add a healer (not really needed), tank and CC caster later as I check with the newest guidebook to make sure elements of their build haven't become illegal for Society play.

Macgreine
July 22nd, 2013, 02:26
I would like to join this. I will post an xml in a few minutes.

lachancery
July 22nd, 2013, 02:31
Time to play my elven life oracle again. Here's his xml and chronicle.
Welcome to yet another game together! :) I was sure you would have already played #4-01. Looking forward to discovering another of your characters...

Macgreine
July 22nd, 2013, 03:04
4502 Yes that did it. I wonder why Chrome does not work. Anyway.

Blackfoot
July 22nd, 2013, 03:22
I understand, and that's pretty much what I expected.

My problem is that I didn't have any characters made in FG yet, so I was scrambling to get them made. Still not sure what all info is required, but they will be fully fleshed out prior to the game. Will add a healer (not really needed), tank and CC caster later as I check with the newest guidebook to make sure elements of their build haven't become illegal for Society play.
Generally speaking... 'at gametime' PC choices are more difficult when playing in this venue. Most GMs require PCs to be submitted at least 24 hours before gametime so they can check them over and get them loaded onto the server. Nobody likes to be scrambling around at the last minute with player files and delaying the start time on the game. If you want to select one of your PCs that works well with the rest of the group, you are usually welcome to wait until the day before to see who has signed up. Unlike Con games.. PCs don't show up at gametime to play and games are generally set at the 24 hour point.. so essentially it's the same as a Con game.. only earlier so the GM has time to take care of the technical stuff ahead of time. Check the Calendar.. usually players post their class, race, and level there so you can see who else is going to be on your team... or look through the thread as it develops. Some folks want to play this game with that character.. others are more flexible.

lachancery
July 22nd, 2013, 03:36
Bah! For some reason I cant add attachments.
Try another browser; I had similar troubles with Chrome I believe.

Macgreine
July 22nd, 2013, 04:51
Done. Check my earlier post for the xml.

Nickademus
July 22nd, 2013, 07:12
Okay, here's the melee tank-ish character that I would rather play.

Token:
Portrait:

Malkavian_Andi
July 22nd, 2013, 12:34
Welcome to yet another game together! :) I was sure you would have already played #4-01. Looking forward to discovering another of your characters...
No, I didn't have any opportunity to play this one before. I've seen it announced here at FG only once, and I didn't have time to play then ^^

Harbinger
July 22nd, 2013, 19:19

Here is my XML and picture, the Chronicle needs to be signed, I'll see if a new version of it is posted and signed already. Thanks

Harbinger
July 22nd, 2013, 19:28
Here is the signed chronicle sheet.

Nickademus
July 23rd, 2013, 01:40
I have updated Hakeem using some of the features of FG. I'll probably continue to do so as I learn the software. I'll post the final xml 2 days before the game. That should give me a week or so to tinker with the program.

Harbinger
July 25th, 2013, 13:42
Here is some purchases I'd like to pick up from my old chronicles.
Scabbard of Vigor 1800gp
Wand of Mage Armor 225gp

total cost 2025gp, leaving me with 80GP.
Thank you.

and here is my new xml.

Macgreine
July 26th, 2013, 05:07
The FG2 TS server is offline, but Nickodemus has offered to share his. Will we be using that?

Nickademus
July 26th, 2013, 05:17
I assume so.

Harbinger
July 26th, 2013, 12:48
Thanks Nickademus42.

lachancery
July 26th, 2013, 14:08
The FG2 TS server is offline, but Nickodemus has offered to share his. Will we be using that?

Yes, we will. Thanks to Nickademus!

Macgreine
July 27th, 2013, 16:28
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late notice but I just found out I am going to get stuck at work late tonight. I probably wont make the game in time. Hopefully you can find someone to fill in. Have fun, Mac

lachancery
July 27th, 2013, 17:37
Hey Guys,
Sorry for the late notice but I just found out I am going to get stuck at work late tonight. I probably wont make the game in time. Hopefully you can find someone to fill in. Have fun, Mac
Hey Mac. The game is not tonight, it's Saturday next week. I was scheduled to run Rivalry's End tonight, but too many players end up getting a conflict, so there won't be any PFS game tonight.

Macgreine
July 27th, 2013, 17:57
Me duh huh wha? But anyway awesome then I am still in.

Nickademus
August 1st, 2013, 00:42
Okay, I think I've exploited the most that FG has to offer for character creation. Here is the updated Hakeem character sheet as well as a 50 pixel token for him.

Nightfiend
August 3rd, 2013, 19:57
I am assuming it might be to late to jump in but I'm going to try ). I'm new to the online PFS. This will be my first attempt at getting into a game. I'm green with the mechanics of posting the character so I hope I give the correct format. If not let me know what I need to change. (Question) Is this game running on Saturday August 3rd at 9pm EDT? or Sunday August 4th? On calendar is says game time is the 4th..and heading says the 3rd.

Harbinger
August 3rd, 2013, 20:15
I would shot the GM a PM just to make sure, but I think there is a spot or 2 but only he would know for sure.
Also I think the new official TeamSpeak 3 server is up (for voice comms), I was just on it

voice.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers

but not sure if he is going to use this one or the other one mentioned earlier before this server was up.

Nightfiend
August 3rd, 2013, 20:30
Thanks Ill give it a shot.

Nightfiend
August 3rd, 2013, 20:34
Not seeing him on the server or the Game listed so I'm thinking he might not be using this one.

lachancery
August 3rd, 2013, 20:47
voice.fg-con.com Password: Dungeoneers

but not sure if he is going to use this one or the other one mentioned earlier before this server was up.

Both the address I have on the game announcement, and the above, point to the same Teamspeak server. My address was before the new domain name was redirected. I'll switch future games to your address, since it'll be the publicly announced format. Thanks for the quick reply.

lachancery
August 3rd, 2013, 20:48
I am assuming it might be to late to jump in but I'm going to try ). I'm new to the online PFS. This will be my first attempt at getting into a game. I'm green with the mechanics of posting the character so I hope I give the correct format. If not let me know what I need to change. (Question) Is this game running on Saturday August 3rd at 9pm EDT? or Sunday August 4th? On calendar is says game time is the 4th..and heading says the 3rd.

The game is indeed tonight, and there was a spot remaining. Welcome to the game! I'll join the Teamspeak server a bit before the game tonight.

Nightfiend
August 3rd, 2013, 20:59
Thanks for the reply and invite.)

Macgreine
August 4th, 2013, 01:48
I am running way late. If you have a standby let them take my place.

Eru the One
August 4th, 2013, 01:49
I'm available if they don't want to wait :)

lachancery
August 4th, 2013, 02:03
I'm available if they don't want to wait :)

Do you have a PFS character ready? Can you get on the Teamspeak server now?

Malkavian_Andi
August 4th, 2013, 08:58
Thanks again for running. It was really fun (especially that cute roleplayed Silver Crusade mission).

Here's the summary for Anorhén's chronicle sheet:

Player Name: Andreas Forster
Character Name: Anorhén
PFS-#: 42939-7
Faction: Silver Crusade

last chronicle number: 7 (so this one will be #8)

starting XP: 5
Starting Prestige: 1
Starting Fame: 10
Start GP: 529

Purchases:
upgrade shield to +1 (1000 gp)

Harbinger
August 5th, 2013, 16:12
Thank you for running the game. At this time Tsuno does not need to buy anything. Thank you again.

Nickademus
August 5th, 2013, 16:57
It was a fun game.

PS#: 24698-6
Faction: Qadira

Didn't hear how much gold was rewarded (and don't know how much the Day Job brought in). So here are the three purchases I'd like to make. Should I not have enough gold for the weapon, get the armor.
Favor: Wand [Cure Light Wounds] - 2 PP
Masterwork scimitar - 315 gp
Masterwork studded leather armor - 175 gp

Nightfiend
August 6th, 2013, 00:59
Character: Marcus Firebrand
Faction: Grand Lodge
PS# 23083-06

If there is enough I would like to buy the following. Priority is top to bottom.
Masterwork breastplate - 350gp
Potion of cure light wounds x2 - 100gp
Ink, black - 8gp
Ink-pen - 1sp
Paper x2 - 8sp

lachancery
August 6th, 2013, 03:38
For all: I have reported the session on Paizo's site.

For Marcus & Hakeem: I would need your starting gold & confirmation that this is your first chronicle sheet (and if not, I need a scan of the prior chronicle sheet).

For the others: The signed chronicle sheets have been posted on my dropbox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/Tfi86rbNQ7/PFS4-01). Please download them to your PC and verify their accuracy.

I enjoyed the game on Saturday. Apologies it ran as long as it did; the initial roleplay for the faction missions set us behind schedule and the couple technical glitches we encountered didn't help. Hope to be playing with y'all soon! ;)

Nickademus
August 6th, 2013, 04:35
First scenario.
Starting gold: 29 gp, 17 sp, 4 cp (remember I spent 2 gp on donations/bribes)

Wait! I forgot! I applied two GM chronicles to Hakeem over a year ago.
Ignore that starting gold. Here is my chronicle.

Nightfiend
August 6th, 2013, 05:33
Started with 8 gp
and this was my first game with Marcus.

Malkavian_Andi
August 6th, 2013, 12:16
Hope to be playing with y'all soon! ;)
Depends on the games that will be run ;) But anyway, we do play in Rise of the Runelords together ^^

I, peronally, didn't mind the game lasting that long (and I think I was the one who got most of the night taken away by gaming. Well, for me, it was already past midnight at the beginning). It's better to actually roleplay when roleplaying than to just rush through the encounters with a bunch of die rolls. And as I mentioned before, I really liked the encounter with the goblin girl. And thanks to the others you didn't just torture and kill her :D

Harbinger
August 6th, 2013, 13:24
Here is some purchases I'd like to pick up from my old chronicles.
Scabbard of Vigor 1800gp
Wand of Mage Armor 225gp

total cost 2025gp, leaving me with 80GP.
Thank you.

and here is my new xml.

These purchases were missed I think, can they be added please. I requested to buy them, earlier before the game started. Other then that and gold, everything else looks good with the chronicle.

Thanks,

lachancery
August 6th, 2013, 17:59
These purchases were missed I think, can they be added please. I requested to buy them, earlier before the game started. Other then that and gold, everything else looks good with the chronicle.

Ah, yes! Your chronicle sheet has been updated.

lachancery
August 6th, 2013, 18:00
All chronicle sheets are posted on my dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/Tfi86rbNQ7/PFS4-01).

That should be a wrap!

Eru the One
August 6th, 2013, 18:19
Thanks again for running!

Nightfiend
August 7th, 2013, 01:07
Thanks for running the game. Was a lot of fun. I look forward to more games to come.)