PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:29
Extensions introduced in this thread are free Savage Worlds ruleset extensions and their purpose is to add new and improved features to core ruleset in agile and quick delivery paced development iterations. Some of these features might get migrated into the core ruleset laterwards.

Feel free to give feedback and suggestions about anything related to Savage Worlds ruleset and its features. This thread can also be used to report issues and bugs found from any extensions introduced in this thread. Alternatively you can send me email or private forum message regarding these subjects.

See more about Savage Worlds enhancement extensions from their own posts in this thread.

Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions:

SW Enhanced Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152731&viewfull=1#post152731)

Incompatibility notes

Following commercial products are known to have incompatibility issue, but adapter extension are provided which grants compatibility:

East Texas University (Enhanced Library)

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:30
Adventure Deck extension includes all these changes and thus description was removed.

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:31
Core Savage Worlds ruleset includes all these changes and thus description was removed.

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:31
Extension removed because it doesn't any real content anymore

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:32
Core Savage Worlds ruleset includes all these changes and thus description was removed.

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 20:33
Enhanced Library extension adds several features into library, such as ability to create and export own library modules or edit existing ones by using Fantasy Grounds II graphical interface (no need to touch XML).

Implemented features

Library module builder: Host can create new library modules using Fantasy Grounds UI. These modules can be exported as re-usable, optimized and standard-structured SavageWorlds modules.
Content importer: New tool to import formatted content and library pages from markup text. New "Importer" button is provided in Library window to open the tool.
Module checker: Verify any module's content and identify issues in them
Add new record to existing modules: Host can add new record entries to existing module's record lists.
Short record descriptions: Button added to the bottom left corner of the record list window. Pressing this button will display short description of each record entry in the list.
Unavailable record entries: Host has option to define any library record entry or category as "unavailable for players". These record entries won't appear for players. To mark record entry unavailable, right click on the entry and select "Toggle item availability".
Sort options: Host has option to define how library record lists are sorted. Three different sorting options are provided: by name, by node and by default. To apply sorting, right click on the library record list and select "Sort by".
Formatted textfield: Drag-and-drop formatted text content: Holding ALT-key down and dragging from any formatted textfield allows you to copy the content and paste it into any other formatted textfield you drop it.
Formatted textfield: Paste formatted text content: New option added "Formatted Text: Show Paste Button". When enabled, a paste button is displayed on top right corner of the each formatted text control. This button will paste formatted content from clipboard to the control.

Compatibility notes

To make this extension work with East Texas University product you must enable "SW Enhanced Library Adapter for East Texas Universiy_vx.x_buildx" extension which is provided along side the core ETU extension

Documentation

How to use Content Importer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=303351&viewfull=1#post303351)
Sample reference manual creation
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=302311&viewfull=1#post302311)
Content Importer markup example (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=301974&viewfull=1#post301974)

Quick tutorial how to try out Content Importer feature

Download the content_importer_sample_lorem_ipsum.txt file from this post. Open it and copy its whole content into your clipboard memory (CTRL+A and CTLR+C)
Launch SavageWorlds ruleset with SW Enhanced Library extension enabled
Use slashcommand: /importlib
A new module is created to your library based on the sample data

Ikael
July 21st, 2013, 21:02

Doswelk
July 21st, 2013, 22:59
We had an issue with build 16 (I know official is build 18) and the library thread, it allowed the players to see all the library entries I had marked as no player access, admittedly this was with the very dodgy hacked to death Necropolis ruleset of mine but thought I should mention it.

Ikael
July 22nd, 2013, 22:43
We had an issue with build 16 (I know official is build 18) and the library thread, it allowed the players to see all the library entries I had marked as no player access, admittedly this was with the very dodgy hacked to death Necropolis ruleset of mine but thought I should mention it.

I think I have seen some fishiness regarding the module entry availability feature sometimes, but cannot remember when or where. Thanks anyway, I will pay more attention on this feature in the future. Luckily this doesn't break anything nor make the extension unusable.

Then the big news: SW Enhancement Extensions are now compatible with most of the commercial products. See the compatibility notes in the first post and more details from extension specific post. This means that Deadlands: Reloaded gamers can finally use these extensions without need to fear that something will get broken (my vow to Smiteworks has finally being lifted). Special thanks goes to Phantomwhale for doing great job to make SW ruleset awesome.

As separate note, I think only the new Deadlands: Noir product's compatibility has not been checked yet. I don't have the product myself, but if anyone else is able to check the compatibility, I would approciate it very much.

phantomwhale
July 23rd, 2013, 23:38
Noir is pretty light on extension, as the rules stick quite close to the core Savage Worlds, so I'd expect it to be fairly well behaved.

Ikael
July 25th, 2013, 20:30
SW Enhanced Character Sheets Extension was updated to include two new features. You can find the new updated version v1.1 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152728&viewfull=1#post152728). New implemented features are:

PC Sheet :: Improved Derived Stat value calculation: Derived Stats have bonus/modifierlist as with traits. The modifierlist can be opened by either double-clicking, middle-mouse clicking or from selecting menu option on top of the derived stat fields. Any modifier can easily be included to the list and the total value derived stat is calculated from base value and modifiers. In addition each modifier can easily be toggled as enabled or disabled. This feature can be turned off in preferences, by default it's disabled.
PC Sheet :: Auto-update derived stat modifier in traits: When any derived stat's name is used in trait's bonuslist the bonus will be automatically updated when derived stat's value changes. For example when Charisma is added as bonus for persuation skill, the trait's bonus will automatically update when charisma value changes. Implementation of Idea "Have charisma or other dervied stat auto-added to skill rolls"

Ikael
August 2nd, 2013, 22:38
Few items were updated to be Savage Worlds v3.4.1 ruleset compatible:

SW Enhanced Character Sheets Extension: SW Enhanced Character Sheets_v1.1_build3.ext
SW Enhanced Desktop Extension: SW Enhanced Desktop_v1.0_build2.ext

No new features were added, but v3.4.1 incompatibility issues were resolved.

scionofnyarlathotep
August 4th, 2013, 10:45
Following commercial products are known to be compatible with all of these extensions. See more details about compatibility from extension specific posts

50 Fanthoms
Adventure Deck
Deadlands: Reloaded (however see the Enhanced Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4515&d=1374528088) and Enhanced Character Sheets (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4524&d=1374783739) adapter extensions)
Hell On Earth: Reloaded
Hellfrost
Necropolis
Rippers
Savage Fantasy Theme
Savage Modern Theme
Savage SF Theme
Savage Suzerain
Sundered Skies
Super Powers Companion

Has anyone tested the compatibility of the extensions with Deadlands: Noir? I'm considering purchasing it and would appreciate some feedback.

Ikael
August 4th, 2013, 15:04
Has anyone tested the compatibility of the extensions with Deadlands: Noir? I'm considering purchasing it and would appreciate some feedback.

Chanches are that it might be very compatible as is, but I cannot guarantee it. However I almost might state that there is no big issues. For example Deadlands: Reloaded compatibility adapter includes so small changes that you would not notice them (Grit's base is not updated automatically, Power descriptions in library don't show arcane type descriptions). I have not seen any blocking incompatibility issues and you could run Deadlands: Reloaded easily without using the adapter extensions. However since I don't have access to the Deadlands: Noir code, I cannot surely state how the changes are overlapping with each other, but according to Phantomwhale the changes are very minor, so I think there won't be big issues.

Regular users might not see any differences/issues. Personally I had to dig into code and see all the changes that were made to see what issues there might be. However, any help/observation can provide useful information. If a list of changes windowclass and scripts names could be provided, I can speculate compatibility at some level.

Ikael
August 6th, 2013, 22:38
I have just started to develope the Enhanced Combat Tracker extension and I would like to hear from you what could be done to make the combat tracker smoothier for SW gaming? Personally during the last session I found out that it's encumbersome to find whom PCs are targeting. In addition there can be few steps you have to perform to simply see what are the targeted NPC's parry & toughness. I don't know about you guys but I have had hard time to easily see which character is currently active/whose turn its. These has been slowing up the flow some time, but last session just made me code for short time to make a quick fix.

Solution includes few new features:

Currently active character (whose turn it is) is being highlighed with color according to his Friend-or-Foe selection. Friendly characters have green highlighting, neutrals have yellow and hostile characters have red highlighting.
Active character's Effectlist is automatically displayed. When the turn changes to another character the effectlist pops up. In addition in case of NPCs, attack & damage lines are popped up as well.
When player target's a character, the targeted character will be highlighted with blue color. In addition parry, toughness and effectlist is popped up automatically for targeted characters.
When howering on the left side of the combat tracker (where active character is marked), the "active character" icon is being shown on mouse hovering. I used to mistakenly click on that edge and changed to active character without intend. This update will give some insight to GM that don't click there unless you want to change to active character.

See the screenshots for more information. What do you think?

Now, I would like to hear have you been struggling with combat tracker? What could be enhanced to make it work smoothier?

EDIT: First development version was uploaded (compatibility checks has not been done until v1.0 is reached): SW Enhanced Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152733&viewfull=1#post152733)

bennis1980
August 16th, 2013, 22:08
Enhanced Combat Tracker extension

Hey I recognize this nasty evil GM cliffhanger ... wonder how it will end (with us all dead no less)

except.... weren't those mammoths way back further at those trees???? :D

AstaSyneri
August 20th, 2013, 09:14
Hello guys!

I am still struggling with all the newness that Fantasy Grounds is to me. These extensions sound great, but I do need to install them on top of my FG / Savage Worlds rules set, correct?

bennis1980
August 20th, 2013, 11:24
Hello guys!

I am still struggling with all the newness that Fantasy Grounds is to me. These extensions sound great, but I do need to install them on top of my FG / Savage Worlds rules set, correct?

Hi and welcome,

You need to put them into your extensions folder in the appdata folder for Fantasy Grounds 2. They don't need to be installed, just activate them before you load your campaign.

If they are in your extensions folder and you still don't see them before you load, make sure you have updated to the correct version of FG

Good luck

bennis1980
August 20th, 2013, 11:29
Ikael, is there any chance of changing the graphic for sharing the CT: it currently says MINI which is counter intuitive, a button saying SHARE would make more sense

Doswelk
August 21st, 2013, 18:44
It means mini-tracker but I agree Share makes more sense.

AstaSyneri
August 21st, 2013, 19:28
Hi and welcome,

You need to put them into your extensions folder in the appdata folder for Fantasy Grounds 2. They don't need to be installed, just activate them before you load your campaign.

If they are in your extensions folder and you still don't see them before you load, make sure you have updated to the correct version of FG

Good luck

Brand-spanking new-version, therefore should be alright. And thank you! :D

Which of those extensions are currently considered a "must-have-installed"?

Ikael
August 25th, 2013, 10:14
Ikael, is there any chance of changing the graphic for sharing the CT: it currently says MINI which is counter intuitive, a button saying SHARE would make more sense

Yes, this button/icon can be changed, but currently its just an image so changing the label is not easy task. New button icon should be created for it and I am not graphical guy to do that. At some point phantomwhale also stated that it should be changed, but I quess this has neverbeen that high prioritytask

Ikael
August 25th, 2013, 10:20
Brand-spanking new-version, therefore should be alright. And thank you! :D

Which of those extensions are currently considered a "must-have-installed"?

It reallydepends what youneed for your gaming. Personally Iam onlyskipping the Enchanced Images ext since I dont need its fearures. Calendar ext provides you totally new functionality/feature while other extension enhance existing parts of the ruleset. Personally I would be interesred to hear what features/enhancements are considered useful for people, and what more there could be.

Doswelk
August 25th, 2013, 11:14

Yes, this button/icon can be changed, but currently its just an image so changing the label is not easy task. New button icon should be created for it and I am not graphical guy to do that. At some point phantomwhale also stated that it should be changed, but I quess this has neverbeen that high prioritytask
The same graphic is currently used to show the mini-sheet on the character sheet, so not only do you need a new graphic but the code needs updating to have a mini-button (for character sheet) and a different one for the combat tracker.
Attached are two graphics so you can add the code to your expansion :D

Ikael
August 25th, 2013, 11:48
The same graphic is currently used to show the mini-sheet on the character sheet, so not only do you need a new graphic but the code needs updating to have a mini-button (for character sheet) and a different one for the combat tracker.
Attached are two graphics so you can add the code to your expansion :D

Thanks for the great icons! I am also aware of the shared resource in charsheet and will make it differ in CT. Thanks again!

Ikael
August 26th, 2013, 22:13
I am updating the Enhanced Combat Tracker extension at the moment, and dealing with Effects-updates. There I encountered the ever-disturbing issue: When effect has duration, when should the duration decrease? According to the SW Deluxe edition, power duration has following description: "...A power with a Duration of 1 lasts until the heros' next action. A Duration of 2 means it lasts for two actions, and so on." -- Basically this means that the Effect's duration should decrease when it's combatant's own turn, right? Current implementation of effect in ruleset is that duration decresing is on the caster's turn, meaning that when it's caster's turn, s/he can cast power on somebody and when it's the caster's next turn the power is decreased. But seems like that's not how the core rules describe it, or have I misunderstood something? -- In addition, I have asked this once before, but going for another round, why is there "Adjustment" for effects? This adjustment determines how much the duration will be changed on the caster's turn. It can either increase or decrease x number, is there need for this? In SW Deluxe core rules it seems that all effects are _always_ decreased by 1 until it's "permanant/semi permanent" effect (prone effect will go away when person stands up etc). Insights please, I don't want to do unnecessary work :)

EDIT: Just got another problematic factor: Powers cast on others, and maintaining. How should this work here? -- Should the duration decrease when it's the caster's turn and s/he can decide if maintenance is wanted or not

Ikael
August 27th, 2013, 00:28
Here are few screenshots of proof-of-concept enhanced CT effects. Duration adjustment is removed, remove effect button is added, new maintain power feature added, notification about expiring maintainable powers feature added, until removed effect type feature added (for instance, prone... removed only when getting up)

EDIT: Uploaded new version of Enhanced Combat Trackers. Implemented features are:

Combat tracker :: Effect improvements: Several improvements to combat tracker effects. Unecessary duration adjustment was removed, delete effect button added, effects can be marked as maintable and their duration can easily be upgraded. Effect's duration is decreased after combatant's turn, however one exception is that if effect is added to combatant when s/he is currently having the turn, the duration is not decrased. Effectlist was also updated to reflect these updates.
Minitracker :: Show effects on minitrackers: New combat preference was added "Minitrackers: Show effects". When this is enabled, combatant's effects are displayed on minitrackers.

Ikael
August 27th, 2013, 22:45
Enhanced Combat Tracker extension has been updated and compatibilty has been checked. Results: Everything seems to be fine, only one adapter extension had to be implemeneted for Deadlands: Reloaded. See more information from Enhanced Combat Tracker post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152733&viewfull=1#post152733). The version is still 0.9 which means that I will be playtesting it until I can graduate it to be fully-tested one. Meanwhile I would love to hear feedback from people who might be using it.

AstaSyneri
August 28th, 2013, 09:31
Not specific to this one - but I copied four extensions into the extension folder and they are shown on startup (the calendar button is also visible in the GUI), but if I click on it it tells me to install the module. There is nothing in the library to add/activate, though. The only thing I see is token sets by Raymond Gaustadnes and a few other items.

What kind of Newb-mistake did I commit? ;-) I saw it in action with Doswelk, so I know it should work.

The extensions in question are:

SW Calendar
SW Enhanced Character Sheets
SW Enhanced Desktop
SW Enhanced Library

Trenloe
August 28th, 2013, 15:56
Not specific to this one - but I copied four extensions into the extension folder and they are shown on startup (the calendar button is also visible in the GUI), but if I click on it it tells me to install the module. There is nothing in the library to add/activate, though.
In the calendars thread there is a module zip file in the first post (where the .ext extension file is): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152727&viewfull=1#post152727

Unzip this file (it contains a .mod file) to your <FG app data folder>\modules directory. Start your FG campaign and you should see a calendar option in the module activation window.

AstaSyneri
August 28th, 2013, 20:13
That worked, thank you. It's the only one of these extensions that needed another module to be installed, right?

And how do I change the calendar, once I accidentally selected the wrong one (Mithra)? ;-)

Ikael
August 28th, 2013, 20:21
That worked, thank you. It's the only one of these extensions that needed another module to be installed, right?

And how do I change the calendar, once I accidentally selected the wrong one (Mithra)? ;-)

Yes, it's the only extension that requires module. Extensions can be seens are bundles which provide new functionality, modules on other hand provide content. There is no need for content in other extensions. You can reset the the calendar by right clicking on it and selecting "Reset calendar". This option will kill the whole calendar so be careful when using it!

Ikael
August 28th, 2013, 22:26
New uploaded version of Enhanced Combat Tracker is here (v0.95_build3 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152733&viewfull=1#post152733)). This new development version contains few bug fixes and following small new features:

Minitracker :: Manage going Hold: Players can declare that they go on Hold from minitracker. This feature works only when it's currently combatants turn which is owned by the player. To use this feature right click on Action Card and select Hold On/Off option.
Combat tracker :: Reset targets after each combatant's turn: New combat preference was added "Reset targeting after turn". When this is enabled, player's targeting is automatically reset after each combatant's turn.
Combat tracker :: Notify when combatants are on Hold: When new round is about the start, butsome combatants are still in hold, notify everyone about and prevent first attempt to change the round.
Minitracker :: Player's end turn button switched to next actor: When player clicks the end turnbutton the turn switches automatically to next combatant.

Ikael
August 31st, 2013, 17:37
Enhanced Combat Tracker extension has finally graduated and reached v1.0.

Latest new feature are:

Combat tracker :: Automatically apply wound and fatigue penalties for NPC: Wound and fatigue penalties are automatically applied when making trait rolls from combat tracker.
Combat tracker :: Show fatigue: Combatant's fatigue level is displayed next to wounds.
Minitracker :: Manage going on Hold: Players can declare that they go on Hold from minitracker. This feature works only when it's currently combatants turn which is owned by the player.

Please check Enhanced Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152733&viewfull=1#post152733) post for more information and features. Only Deadlands: Reloaded requires to have compatibility adater extension, otherwise this extensions works with any other commercial SW product.

Ikael
September 1st, 2013, 19:13
please notice the small updates of Enhanced Character Sheets (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152728&viewfull=1#post152728) and Enhanced Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=152733&viewfull=1#post152733) extensions. They are uploaded, and since they are small, but important updates, the build-number was only changed

AstaSyneri
September 2nd, 2013, 07:44
I really love those extensions. Right now I am trying to toy around with the Library extension, but I am having a hard time getting the right start.

Is there a manual for its use (bare-bone would be sufficient - just to get started)? I saw Doswelk use it, but it went by in a blur...

It seems to be rather more useful than editing XML in Notepad++ ;-)

Ikael
September 2nd, 2013, 20:25
Documention was missing until this point. I made very quick bare-bone version how to use Enhanced Library feature with screenshots!

Here are screenshots with short description how to use Enhanced Library extension.

Important notice to make: Even if you're able to copy-paste existing module's content to your own created THAT doesn't make you the original author and you cannot share/distribute modules which contain any content from other modules.

Ikael
September 2nd, 2013, 20:27
Here are screenshots with short description how to use Enhanced Library extension even more...

Dakadin
September 2nd, 2013, 22:46
I've been curious about this for awhile but haven't had a chance to look at it. That is an amazing piece of functionality you added Ikael! :D

Thanks for documenting it so I could see how it works.

AstaSyneri
September 2nd, 2013, 23:16
Excellent, thank you!

Draeus
September 4th, 2013, 18:57
I'm away for a few months and Savage Worlds changes!! Awesome!! :D Its good to be back !!

Draeus
September 4th, 2013, 19:29
Hi,

Just added all the SW extension in a mad upgrade frenzy. Testing them out I have discovered all seems to work well so far. Except... SW Enhanced Character Sheets.

It is not showing the options or the selection in PREF.

Using SW 3.4 and the following SW extensions: Calender 1.1; Combat Tracker; Desktop; Enhanced Images v1.1; Library v1.1. All downloaded about 10 mins ago :D ... Also Adventure deck loaded.

Is there something I'm supposed to do? If this has already been answered .. oops sorry!! :D

GM Draeus!

Ikael
September 4th, 2013, 21:06
Hi,

Just added all the SW extension in a mad upgrade frenzy. Testing them out I have discovered all seems to work well so far. Except... SW Enhanced Character Sheets.

Using SW 3.4 and the following SW extensions: Calender 1.1; Combat Tracker; Desktop; Enhanced Images v1.1; Library v1.1. All downloaded about 10 mins ago :D ... Also Adventure deck loaded.

Is there something I'm supposed to do? If this has already been answered .. oops sorry!! :D

GM Draeus!

Welcome back! Indeed within two months SW has changed alot! All in the good way thou :)

I just downloaded the latest Enhanced Character Sheets extension (1.1 build 5) and tried it out. The preference is there, but it's not in the same place as it was in the original screenshot. To be honest I have no clue how preferences are being sorted, but it's there just in different position. Search for the name: "Derived stat auto-update". Do you find it?

scionofnyarlathotep
September 4th, 2013, 21:19
Hi,

GM Draeus!

What other extensions do you have open? Do you have the Supers Companion open as I seem to recall issues with that one?

Ikael
September 4th, 2013, 21:29
What other extensions do you have open? Do you have the Supers Companion open as I seem to recall issues with that one?

What issues have you encountered with Supers Companion and these extensions? I have previously checked that compatibility should be ok, but please let me know if I am wrong.

Draeus
September 7th, 2013, 00:33
Only the above extensions. Hmm.. Mods.wise, I have fantasy companion open. Im away this weekend will look when I get back. Also will check out the location as well :)

Ikael
September 9th, 2013, 22:11
Few small updates were made to three extensions:

Enhanced Character Sheets (v1.1 build 6)

Bug :: Trait's bonuslist is not taken account when calculating base derived status bonus: Issues fixed! Attribute's and Skill's bonuslists are taken accound when calculating derived stat's base value.

Enhanced Desktop (v1.0 build 3)

Slash command :: Award experience points: New slash command was added: /exp. This slash command will award all PCs with given amount of experience and will notify if character get advances. Usage: "/exp 4" to award four experience points to everyone.

Enhanced Combat Tracker (v1.0 build 3)

Combat tracker :: Duplicate NPC entries by clicking middle-mouse button on groupbox: When middle-mouse clicking on NPC's groupbox new similar NPC is created.
Combat tracker :: Delete entire combatant group: When holding ALT down and selecting "Delete Combatants(s)" option from menu, the whole combatant group is deleted.
BUG :: Deleting group's top actor can cause the group to be non-accessable: Issue Fixed! If combatant group is not expanded and host deletes the first combatant of the group, the entry becomes unsuable until next actor is activated.

Doswelk
September 10th, 2013, 22:53
Possible bug (more likely me not reading something somewhere with the Combat tracker:

Player A casts smite on Player B's weapon

Smite should decrease on Player's A action not Player's B action.

This was not happening tonight (FGII SWD combat tracker does this correctly).

Ikael
September 11th, 2013, 05:35
Possible bug (more likely me not reading something somewhere with the Combat tracker:

Player A casts smite on Player B's weapon

Smite should decrease on Player's A action not Player's B action.

This was not happening tonight (FGII SWD combat tracker does this correctly).

This is not a bug but a feature. In my opinion the original effect decrease was wrong since in rulebook it states that power x will last y player's turn. If smite is given to player B, player B should benefit 3 turns of his own from it. Think this: player A has the worst initiative and thus acts the last this turn. He casts smite to player B. New turn begins and player A gets joker! He goes first and player B's
Smite is decreased by 1 before he even benefit from it at all! Personally it should not be like that, and thus its feature. Please, let me know if I am wrong, but effects should last x turns of the target.

Doswelk
September 11th, 2013, 20:55
This is not a bug but a feature. In my opinion the original effect decrease was wrong since in rulebook it states that power x will last y player's turn. If smite is given to player B, player B should benefit 3 turns of his own from it. Think this: player A has the worst initiative and thus acts the last this turn. He casts smite to player B. New turn begins and player A gets joker! He goes first and player B's
Smite is decreased by 1 before he even benefit from it at all! Personally it should not be like that, and thus its feature. Please, let me know if I am wrong, but effects should last x turns of the target.
Thing is according to the rules that's not how it works :(

The caster cast the spell and has to maintain it (if he wants) and yes the way initiative works makes the effect sometimes last four rounds and sometimes two, but I like the randomess (makes magic less reliable which is a good thing in my mind).

Ikael
September 12th, 2013, 00:20
New Enhanced Combat Tracker extension version (v.1.1 build 1) was released. Latest update includes these features:

Combat tracker :: Duplicate NPC entries with single click: When middle-mouse clicking OR holding ALT down and clicking on NPC's groupbox new similar NPC is created to the group.
Combat tracker :: Delete entire combatant group: When holding ALT down and selecting "Delete Combatants(s)" option from menu, the whole combatant group is deleted.
Combat tracker :: Move combatant entries: Previous when dragging and combatant's link, new combatant was created. With this update the combatant can be moved in or out from group. For example combatant can be be dragged from one group and dropped into another group. Combatant can also be dragged out from the group to be individual combatant. If host wishes to duplicate dragged combatant he may do so by holding ALT down.
Combat tracker :: More detailed turn notification: Combatant's turn notification was updated to support showing if combatant is incapaciated. In addition the icon displayed in the chat message will be different according to combatant's state.
Combat tracker :: Check effects as well when figuring out if combatant has ability: Combatant's effectlist is checked as well when trying to find if given combatant has ability.
Combat tracker :: Quickness power with rase initiative handler: When Quickness power is used with Raise it will affect combatant's initiative: May redraw any card that's less than eight. This is now supported.
Combat tracker :: Support different combatant types: In addition PC and NPC combatants; Vehicles, Rockets, Skyships and Squads can also be dragged and dropped into combat tracker and they become regular combatant entries.
Combat tracker :: Ally combatant's name is updated in tracker: When ally combatant's name changes, it will be reflected to the combat tracker as well.

Draeus
September 13th, 2013, 11:00
Thank you Ikael ... My issue resolved.. now to implement all the new additions into my games so I can get them started again! :D

AstaSyneri
September 13th, 2013, 11:58
Enhanced Images extension adds three-layer features into images (from 4E ruleset)

Implemented features

Images & Maps :: Three-layer feature in images and maps: Enable three independent layers for images and maps. Bottom layer for showing background image/blueprint, middle layer for host to setup background related tokens and tiles, and the top layer for play tokens.

I found large maps very unwieldy (correct me if I am wrong) and they lack the ability to zoom out. You can always zoom into a map, but if the map is larger than your screen, I don't see a way to make it small so it does fit (for larger battles for example).

Can you do this in your extension?

Ikael
September 13th, 2013, 13:37
I found large maps very unwieldy (correct me if I am wrong) and they lack the ability to zoom out. You can always zoom into a map, but if the map is larger than your screen, I don't see a way to make it small so it does fit (for larger battles for example).

Can you do this in your extension?

Zoom is built-in feature in FG. You can use it two ways: 1) Scroll using your mouse wheel 2) hold CTRL down, and drag from the lower right corner (there is icon which changes when you hold CTRL down). To resize you large maps you can do this: Right click on map and select Re-size --> 500 x 500 (for instance). Does this help you?

AstaSyneri
September 16th, 2013, 09:00
Zoom is built-in feature in FG. You can use it two ways: 1) Scroll using your mouse wheel 2) hold CTRL down, and drag from the lower right corner (there is icon which changes when you hold CTRL down). To resize you large maps you can do this: Right click on map and select Re-size --> 500 x 500 (for instance). Does this help you?

Had our first real session this week-end and yes, it did help, thank you.

What put me off was my expectations (from Photoshop and the like). It's quite logical that you can only zoom out to the maximum of you window and not make the map/image even smaller. Duh.

Now I have to understand the masking feature - I had that work one a prepared map, but couldn't get it going on a quickly drawn improvised map.

Trenloe
September 16th, 2013, 13:05
Now I have to understand the masking feature - I had that work one a prepared map, but couldn't get it going on a quickly drawn improvised map.
You can only mask images, not improvised maps.

heyhogan
September 27th, 2013, 20:53
Combat Tracker question: I was testing a battle sequence yesterday and was surprised to not be able to see the Players Attributes and attacks. The NPCs stuff was there, and the Sword and Shield icons worked fine for them, but nothing for the player. Not a huge issue as a player will be looking and clicking on their mini-sheet or character sheet, but as GM it would be nice to see so you can quickly determine success or failure of a roll. I'm still a bit new to FG and haven't quite figured out the targeting yet, so maybe that tells you successful hits. See screenshot below.

Ikael
September 28th, 2013, 07:48
Combat Tracker question: I was testing a battle sequence yesterday and was surprised to not be able to see the Players Attributes and attacks. The NPCs stuff was there, and the Sword and Shield icons worked fine for them, but nothing for the player. Not a huge issue as a player will be looking and clicking on their mini-sheet or character sheet...

This is by design that sword icon doesn't show anything for PC, but the shield icon should work, as it seems in your screenshot. Originally the attack lines feature came from SWFI extension, but it's now in the core ruleset and these extensions doesn't affect it anymore/at the moment. Anyways, by the design there is no need to show PCs sword-icon related stuff: Traits and Weapons, since players can roll them directly from their sheets. The combat tracker's trait and weapons were designed for GM so that GM can more easily roll NPC rolls and damages (without need to open NPC sheet). In addition, with the Enhanced Combat Tracker extension combat tracker traits will include wound and fatigue penalties automatically, but they are not included when rolling from NPC sheet.

...but as GM it would be nice to see so you can quickly determine success or failure of a roll.

I am not quite following what do you mean that that GM could quickly determine success or failure? In SW rules the basic success is received when you roll 4 or more, and if you roll 8 or more you get Raise! When it comes to Melee, the target number (success or not) is opponent's parry. You can see Parry value in the combat tracker. There is no need to manually calculate what is opponent's parry on each attack.

I'm still a bit new to FG and haven't quite figured out the targeting yet, so maybe that tells you successful hits.

SW ruleset doesn't support auto-detecting if roll is success or not. However SW rules are so easy that determining success or not can be done in blink of an eye so there might not be crying-out-loud need for the feature :) Despite that the auto-detect success & raise feature has been voted to be the most wanted feature for the SW ruleset and we might see it one day.

heyhogan
September 28th, 2013, 19:49
Ikael:

Yep, your comments clarified my expectations. I was thinking that the Parry and Toughness values for PCs were not on the tracker, but they are. When the portrait extension, I see they are on the portraits as well. Thanks for the feedback.

One final question - how do you keep track of Wild Card NPC's? I had a new adventure modules that I was learning and it was sort of hard to remember with SS guy was wild and which were extras. (Maybe it is not something you track on the combat tracker?)

heyhogan

AstaSyneri
October 7th, 2013, 11:35
Easiest would be to modify the name to reflect the WC status (Use Capitals or put (W) at the end of the name - something like that). IMHO.

Ikael
October 7th, 2013, 20:06
Ikael:

Yep, your comments clarified my expectations. I was thinking that the Parry and Toughness values for PCs were not on the tracker, but they are. When the portrait extension, I see they are on the portraits as well. Thanks for the feedback.

One final question - how do you keep track of Wild Card NPC's? I had a new adventure modules that I was learning and it was sort of hard to remember with SS guy was wild and which were extras. (Maybe it is not something you track on the combat tracker?)

heyhogan

Sorry that I haven't seen this question before! I haven't given much attention to this extension lately. You can keep track of Wild Card NPC from the NPC Sheet. If you open any NPC Sheet there is "Jack/Wildcardness ccon" next to the NPC's name (next to the friend-or-foe-red-green-yello-face). If this icon has colors (it's highlighted) that means s/he is wild card.

Personally I remember who are wild cards and who are not, but if I am not sure, I can quickly open the NPC shet from the combat tracker, by clicking the gray-circle-icon on the right side of the combat tracker's combatant.

But that's actually good idea, wildcardness is displayed in the player's combat tracker, but it could be displayed in the main tracker as well.

There are also few additional features in my mind (not relating to this directly):
- in combat tracker it should be easier to see if combatant's token is already assigned to map. This could be achieved for instance by highlighting the token or rendering some frame to it.
- Quick way to setup wildcard NPC's bennies in combat tracker! Dragging bennies or number to the bennycounter is slow. Maybe newly added wild card NPC's bennies could be automatically calcuated (2+lucky edge-bad luck hindrances)
- When benny is used from the combat tracker, the UNKNOWN factor should cover the name in the chat!!!
-

Ikael
October 7th, 2013, 23:21
New Enhanced Combat Tracker extension version (v.1.2 build 1) was released. Latest update includes these features:

Combat tracker :: Quickness power with raise initiative handler: When Quickness power is used with Raise it will affect combatant's initiative: May redraw any card that's less than eight. This is now supported. The effect must be called "Quickness Raise" to enable this for combatant.
Combat tracker :: Slow power with raise initiative handler: When Slow power is used with Raise it will affect combatant's initiative: Combatant must redraw any card that's more than ten,and is not a joker. This is now supported. The effect must be called "Slow Raise" to enable this for combatant.
Combat tracker :: Wild Card NPC should get bennies automatically: Wild Card NPC will get their bennies automatically when they are added to combat tracker.
Combat tracker :: Dragging bennies from combat tracker should respect NPC visibility: If NPC is marked as unknown, his/her name won't be displayed in the chat when s/he is using bennies from combat tracker.
Combat tracker :: Highlight tokens on combat tracker which are assigned to map: Tokens which are assigned to any map are highlighted in the combat tracker. This will make it more easier to distinguish which token is already assigned to map.
Combat tracker :: Do not show bennies for non-Wild Card NPCs: Bennies box should not be shown for the non-Wild Card NPCs in combat tracker. This distinction can be beneficial to see if given combatant is Wild Card or not.
Combat tracker :: Adding allies to combat tracker will include them to PCs group: When using the "Add all allies" option in combat tracker, allies are added to PCs group. Thereafter GM can easily extract them to be in own groups by dragging and dropping combatants from the gray circle icon. Alternatively if gamemaster doesn't want to include allies to PC's groups he can hold ALT down and use the "Add all allies" option. This will include all allies to be individuals in combat tracker.

Please also see the newest Enhanced Combat Tracker Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded. The previous version was lacking several features, now the extension has been updated to match very newest extension.

Also minor update was released for Enhanced Desktop extension version (v.1.0 build 4). This minor update includes following features:

Launch messages :: Campaign's name is displayed as launch message: When campaign is started, campaign's name is displayed in the chat.
GM Bennies :: Setup initial bennies: New menu option is provided for GM Bennies tool: "Setup GM Bennies". This option will draw bennies equal to currently activated PC identities.

Ikael
October 8th, 2013, 20:42
Quick update for Enhanced Combat Tracker and adapter extension. Both version v1.2 build 2.
The quick update resolves few minor bugs (that you might not see that all!), but it also adds some improvements on autoamtic benny delivery (for NPCs in combat tracker).

Another major feature, but mostly known only to Doswelk; you can now setup prepared combat to include any other types than NPC. For instance you can prepare your combat to include vehicles and squads. At the moment Squad support is at it's low limits with prepared combat. Doswelk if you will publish the squad as official material, then I shall publish better support for setting up the combat for them. Currently you can assign Squad to prepared combat, but you cannot assign squad members to map.

Ikael
October 8th, 2013, 20:51
Second note, as I am terrible doing documentation regarding these extensions, I am willing to give some online/video guide to people who would be intersted in knowing more than the developer has put in front of the screen. Personally I am thinkin about setting up online meeting with teamspeak and some-screen-share-application. I could explain how I have developed the extensions and how I am using them to get the full potential flow in the game (personally I develope these extension to enhance my own gaming experience). If you're interested in knowing the deep-secrets behind each extensions, please let me know and we can figure out suitable time before FGCon the 3rd.

Ikael
October 9th, 2013, 19:37
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker v1.2 (build 3) is out. This update contains minor updates:

Wound and Fatigue penalties are NOT applied to damages rolled from the CT
Shared minitracker will activate player character's and or ally's identity when it's his/her turn. The bell is also ringed not only when it's your PCs turn, but when it's your ally's turn

Ikael
October 13th, 2013, 22:30
Three extensions were updated:

SW Enhanced Character Sheets (v1.1 build7)
SW Enhanced Desktop (v1.0 build5)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker (v1.2 build4)

Provided changes are:

PC Sheet :: Add custom entries: When new empty skill, edge, hindrance, power, ally or vehicle is created to character sheet (using menu option: Create Item), placeholder reference is created and link is provided. The placeholder reference can be used to write detailed description of given entry without need to have it from library. The placeholder data is written into character sheet and will move along when PCs are exported for instance. This feature basically implements the request: "Add user created edges/hindrances to PC sheet" by MurghBpurn.
/exp slashcommand was changed to be /xp
When it's ally's turn chat will contain more information which player is controlling given ally

Ikael
October 16th, 2013, 21:22
Three extensions were updated:

PC Sheet :: Add custom entries: When new empty skill, edge, hindrance, power, ally or vehicle is created to character sheet (using menu option: Create Item), placeholder reference is created and link is provided. The placeholder reference can be used to write detailed description of given entry without need to have it from library. The placeholder data is written into character sheet and will move along when PCs are exported for instance. This feature basically implements the request: "Add user created edges/hindrances to PC sheet" by MurghBpurn.

Some screenshots regarding the latest Enhanced Character Sheet feature

AstaSyneri
October 17th, 2013, 12:26
I can't keep up with all the changes ;-), but I really love the work you are putting into the SW Enhancements!

Gallows
October 17th, 2013, 12:48
Combat tracker :: Activate character identity who has turn: Player character's activation in combat tracker's turn will make the character activated for player.

What does this do exactly? And how does it work? I'd like players only to be able to move their own token, plus only move when their turn.

Is it possible to make hold more friendly? When you put someone on hold is it possible to give him/her initiative when going off hold? Perhaps when someone has had their turn in a round they are marked as done, and if you give initiative to somone on hold and then click next, it will take the next one in line. This would be easier if people on hold is pushed to the top of the tracker.

Ikael
October 20th, 2013, 13:31
Combat tracker :: Activate character identity who has turn: Player character's activation in combat tracker's turn will make the character activated for player.

What does this do exactly? And how does it work?

The activate character identity feature is useful if player is playing more than one character or if s/he has allies. When it's combatant's turn who is being controlled by a player, the combat tracker will automatically activate the given character and select his voice for the chat. So basically players doesn't have to worry about activating characters during the combat. There are some features behind character activation, for example when you roll dices or speak, the currently activate character's (PC's) portrait is displayed in the chat (given if you have enabled the portrait preference). For example if you're controlling 2 PCs and each of them have 5 allies, you don't have to manually select which character is activated (whose name and portrait is displayed in the chat). Note that only PCs can be activated, and when it's an ally's turn the PC controlling the given ally is activated, BUT instead of using PCs name in the chat, the feature will select ally's name to be displayed there. At least personally I love when players are writing/chatting their battle cries on their turn, but it can be very confusing and cumbersome if you have to manually select WHO is actually saying that out.

I'd like players only to be able to move their own token, plus only move when their turn.

Personally I use the FG's build-in "Lock Tokens" feature for this. You can lock all token by right clicking token which is on any map and select "Lock Tokens" option. From that point on, players cannot move their tokens freely, instead when they drag their tokens a white line is drawn and it can be used to form a path where the token wants to move. This white line will also display how far that is if you're using grid~ makes movement distance calculation EXTREME easy. If GM feel that given movement is token, s/he can hold CTRL down and click on the token and the token will move automatically to the end of the drawn path.

When tokens are locked, GM can freely move any token, but if s/he wants to use the similar white-line (to see the distance for example) s/he can do so by holding CTRL down and dragging the token. After the path is ready, s/he can accept the movement by holding CTRL down and single-clicking the token. Hope this works for you! It's one of the best FG build-in feature there is at the moment.

Is it possible to make hold more friendly? When you put someone on hold is it possible to give him/her initiative when going off hold? Perhaps when someone has had their turn in a round they are marked as done, and if you give initiative to somone on hold and then click next, it will take the next one in line. This would be easier if people on hold is pushed to the top of the tracker.

These are interesting ideas. On the Hold feature can be indeed improved even further, but I haven't had ideas how to do it. There is currently one (personally) important feature which will notify everyone after combat turn ends if there are some people still on Hold. One idea I got some your post is that maybe there should be new button in player's combat tracker: Interrupt! Which is displayed if player is on Hold. When this button is clicked it will notify everyone that given character would like to act now. There is also another missing feature: When you have gone on Hold but haven't acted, you should be having highest initiative next turn. At least if I remember that was written in rules, but so few uses that so it haven't bugged me.

grimm182
October 21st, 2013, 16:54
Being able to add new Skills, Edges & Hindrances is *exactly* what i needed...now my custom Mass Effect ruleset looks like the real deal!!
Thanks again! (wow that sounds like a canned commercial dialog)

Gallows
October 21st, 2013, 17:13
Yep if players have an interrupt button, then it's as simple as pressing that, taking them off hold and then letting the turn continue normally. That would be a good way to handle it. Perhaps it can be combined so the player/NPC is automatically taken off hold since, he'll either act before or efter the current initiative :-)

And a question. If you create your own module using the library, will it then get downloaded at clients when they join you?

Trenloe
October 21st, 2013, 19:25
And a question. If you create your own module using the library, will it then get downloaded at clients when they join you?
If you create the module as a "common" (shared) library and the GM sets it to force load in the module activation window then yes.

See "Module Types" in the "Library and Modules" entry in the left sidebar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_library.xcp This is in the 3.5e user guide, but this is completely relevant for all rulesets in Fantasy Grounds.

Ikael
October 21st, 2013, 20:11
Yep if players have an interrupt button, then it's as simple as pressing that, taking them off hold and then letting the turn continue normally. That would be a good way to handle it. Perhaps it can be combined so the player/NPC is automatically taken off hold since, he'll either act before or efter the current initiative :-)

Now I think about it more the interrupt button might have issues since player can control more than one character. If player controls 5 characters with each having own initiative card, and he puts them all to hold, there should be possibility to select which character is going to interrupt. The button should be displayed next to each combatant group which has gone to hold. Well that will take care of it :)

And about module sharing, there are two possibilities. If you create your own module to you campaign directly it is shared automatically to players. If you want to export it to be individual module, which can be used in any campaign, you need to export it with /export tool. Intact case you need to select module to be shared type, just like Trenloe mentioned. Read the module type manual for more information

See the last attached image from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=156356&viewfull=1#post156356

Ikael
October 22nd, 2013, 16:30
SW Enhanced Character Sheets v1.1 (build 8) is out.

This minor update contains one proof-of-concept feature. See screenshots for more. This feature is global and works with all commercial rulesets that change graphics.

Traits :: Show dice number: New preference option was added: "Show dice number". When this is enabled dice's number (4, 6, 8, 10 or 12) is displayed in every trait dice. This option enabled by default.

Gallows
October 22nd, 2013, 21:14
SW Enhanced Character Sheets v1.1 (build 8) is out.

This minor update contains one proof-of-concept feature. See screenshots for more. This feature is global and works with all commercial rulesets that change graphics.

Traits :: Show dice number: New preference option was added: "Show dice number". When this is enabled dice's number (4, 6, 8, 10 or 12) is displayed in every trait dice. This option enabled by default.

Awesome new feature :-)

Can I use this with Deadlands or do I need to wait for an update to that?

Ikael
October 22nd, 2013, 21:30
Awesome new feature :-)

Can I use this with Deadlands or do I need to wait for an update to that?

Yes you can use this with Deadlands. This update didn't cause any compatibility issues, just download the latest adapter extension and you're good to go

Ikael
October 22nd, 2013, 22:09
SW Enhanced Desktop v1.1 is finally released!

This release includes only few new features, but personally I have been waiting the mood feature for too long myself. I am very happy that it's ready now :)

Chat :: Improvement on Mood feature: Underneath the chat entry, there is new graphical textfield for inputting characters' mood. When set, it will remain in use until it's removed. This feature replaces the /mood slashcommand with more user-friendly approach. The /mood slashcommand still exists and it can be used, but the new mood feature provides easier and faster way to add deapth to speaking characters.
Chat :: Language and Mood selection are character based: When selecting language and/or mood, they will be bind to currently activated character and remember for them thereafter. For instance you can select language and mood for one character, switch to another character and previous selections are cleared automatically, bu

See screenshots for more information, but the best way to learn is to try it out.

Ikael
October 27th, 2013, 22:44
This new build contains one improvement:

Combat tracker :: Improved On Hold handling: When combatant group goes on Hold their initiative card is rendered differently to highlight that they are on Hold. If on Holding group is not acting in the round they will automatically be on top of the combatant list next turn. In addition, players have option to declare when they want to interrupt. To do this, right click minitracker's combatant entry which is on Hold and select "Interrupt" option. Alternatively player can double-click the on Hold initiative card. When combatant group goes on Hold the group is skipped automatically.

In addition there are several small bug fixes for effect duration processing and lots of code cleanup, but that's not interesting for most of us :) Enjoy

Ikael
October 28th, 2013, 20:54
Minor update for Enhanced Desktop extension:

Export :: Export languages, modifiers and effects: Support for exporting Languages, modifiers and effects to modules.

grimm182
October 29th, 2013, 16:38
Grimm (Happy): "I dig the new mood feature!"

Dracones
December 1st, 2013, 02:43

Since no one else has answered this, I just ran it fine with Noir with no problems. No issues on any of the extensions loading(no errors) and I ran through the calendar, combat tracker, effects counting down, map layers, options, gm bennies and created a custom library with no issues at all. I'm also running under Wine on Linux, so this works fine on that platform as well.

The library stuff is awesome. I was going to write my own app(external) for creating SW libs, because there's just so many settings for Savage Worlds, but this does the trick nicely.

Draeus
December 13th, 2013, 16:37
Has the problem with the Library extension, regarding the issue with players being to able to see 'blocked for players' modules?

Ikael
December 13th, 2013, 16:45
Has the problem with the Library extension, regarding the issue with players being to able to see 'blocked for players' modules?

I know, I already replied to that post. I will take look on that but I would be extremely helpful to know more. Are you using commercial products or did you create own module by hand or with extension? Where do you see the problem (within the same campaign you created custom module)?

Draeus
December 14th, 2013, 02:41
Apologies ikael, didn't see your reply.

Ok its the sw deluxe gm module, fantasy beastry, there was anotger but not at computer. Basically anything I put block from players..

Hope this helps.

When I don't include the library mod it works fine.

I run 4 different games and all of the, are effected.

Hector Trelane
December 16th, 2013, 20:49
Since no one else has answered this, I just ran it fine with Noir with no problems. No issues on any of the extensions loading(no errors) and I ran through the calendar, combat tracker, effects counting down, map layers, options, gm bennies and created a custom library with no issues at all. I'm also running under Wine on Linux, so this works fine on that platform as well.

The library stuff is awesome. I was going to write my own app(external) for creating SW libs, because there's just so many settings for Savage Worlds, but this does the trick nicely.

Hi all, new user here, first time poster, and getting up to speed to (soon) run a Deadlands Noir-World of Darkness hybrid game. I have the most recent versions of SW Deluxe plus Deadlands Noir installed and running. I've also downloaded and successfully installed all of Ikael's great extensions. (Thanks for doing so much work for the community, Ikael.) Like Dracones, I'm using them successfully--but I *think* I'm encountering an occasional bug. Before I try track this in an organized fashion, I have a new-user question: should Deadlands Noir use the various "Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded" extensions? And if yes, are those used instead of, or in addition to, the base extension?

Much appreciated...

Doswelk
December 17th, 2013, 22:56
Hi all, new user here, first time poster, and getting up to speed to (soon) run a Deadlands Noir-World of Darkness hybrid game. I have the most recent versions of SW Deluxe plus Deadlands Noir installed and running. I've also downloaded and successfully installed all of Ikael's great extensions. (Thanks for doing so much work for the community, Ikael.) Like Dracones, I'm using them successfully--but I *think* I'm encountering an occasional bug. Before I try track this in an organized fashion, I have a new-user question: should Deadlands Noir use the various "Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded" extensions? And if yes, are those used instead of, or in addition to, the base extension?

Much appreciated...
Nope you should not need the Deadlands Reloaded extensions, Deadlands Noir does not use fate chips.

Hector Trelane
December 18th, 2013, 09:41
One Deadlands Noir compatibility issue to report (minor): when entering log entries, some of the time the light gray box where text is entered seems to go transparent, making the box show the dark (near-black background) through and therefore make the text you're trying to type nearly illegible. (Work around: select the text and the highlight color reveals what you've typed and any typos to edit.) This is a finicky bug that I can't duplicate right now.

That said, I am enjoying adding some notes from the real history of Prohibition (and repeal) to my Deadlines Noir calendar-- a nice way to record crucial events from history as game events proceed (namely, a crucial mafia income stream will begin to erode...).

Hector Trelane
December 18th, 2013, 10:05
Enhanced Character Sheets extension adds improvements to PC and NPC sheets.

Weapons :: Damage calculation: Weapons' damage is automatically re-calculated when character's strength changes. In addition ranged attacks will automatically get penalty if weapon's minimum strength is not fulfilled. Also sub-entries have the detailed weapon window where damage-string can be set.

PC Sheet :: Auto-update derived stat modifier in traits: When any derived stat's name is used in trait's bonuslist the bonus will be automatically updated when derived stat's value changes. For example when Charisma is added as bonus for persuation skill, the trait's bonus will automatically update when charisma value changes.

For Weapon: Damage Calculation, I can get this feature to work for weapons dragged onto (N)PC sheets from the (melee) weapons list in the Library. However, when I create a custom entry (for example, a "Pistol Whip" sub-attack for a ranged weapon, or a new improvised melee weapon, "Broken Bottle") I encounter two problems:
When I drag Strength to a melee weapon's damage, I kept getting a wild die dragged along with it. I *just* figured out I can turn off Wild Card status and thereby only drag a single Strength die. Past that hurdle, I still have two problems:

inconsistent implementation of Encumbrance penalties (to damage, not to Fighting Skill/Attack Roll) and;
the lack of an auto-update for the new weapon (for example when I upgrade Strength from a d6 to d8).

scionofnyarlathotep
December 18th, 2013, 10:16
Do we have a timeline for the extensions to be compatible with FG 3.0?

Mask_of_winter
December 18th, 2013, 13:29
Made some characters for a Deadlands campaign last night. I had all the Savage Worlds feature extensions with Deadlands patches. Took forever for some of the players to open up their character sheets, until they named their characters it gave me a bunch of errors, we all got errors when we opened up several gear windows, I noticed the "tools" window was sized differently (was more wide at the bottom), and a bunch more... Tried without all but one extension (images) and everything seem more stable.

Ikael
December 18th, 2013, 19:04
should Deadlands Noir use the various "Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded" extensions? And if yes, are those used instead of, or in addition to, the base extension?

I must sadly state that Deadlands: Noir is not on the compatibility supported list because I do not own the product, nor do I have access to it's source codes. I would be more than happy to include it to supported list, but without sources codes, it's impossible. That said, I cannot answer your question, but wild guess is that you should not use Deadlands adapter extensions, since they were designed for Deadlands: Reloaded only, and I have no idea how much that code is used in Noir.

But anyways, adapter extension are always used (along) with the enhanced extensions.

One Deadlands Noir compatibility issue to report (minor): when entering log entries, some of the time the light gray box where text is entered seems to go transparent, making the box show the dark (near-black background) through and therefore make the text you're trying to type nearly illegible. (Work around: select the text and the highlight color reveals what you've typed and any typos to edit.) This is a finicky bug that I can't duplicate right now.

Thanks for the bug report, but sadly like I mentioned above, since I don't have access to Noir source codes there is nothing I can do to check this out nor fix any issues with Noir product.

For Weapon: Damage Calculation, I can get this feature to work for weapons dragged onto (N)PC sheets from the (melee) weapons list in the Library. However, when I create a custom entry (for example, a "Pistol Whip" sub-attack for a ranged weapon, or a new improvised melee weapon, "Broken Bottle") I encounter two problems:
When I drag Strength to a melee weapon's damage, I kept getting a wild die dragged along with it. I *just* figured out I can turn off Wild Card status and thereby only drag a single Strength die. Past that hurdle, I still have two problems:

inconsistent implementation of Encumbrance penalties (to damage, not to Fighting Skill/Attack Roll) and;
the lack of an auto-update for the new weapon (for example when I upgrade Strength from a d6 to d8).

You can drag dice from your desktop's bottom left corner where all different dices are in row. When dragging from these the wild die is not included. You are not forced to drag from your strength to setup damage dices. In addition you can enable auto-damagedice calculation by doing following trick (used by module weapond behind the screen): Open detailed weapon view by clicking gray circle icon on the right side of the weapon in "Attack" list. This detailed view can be used to setup some additional information about weapon and attacks. You should setup "Damage" by writing damage dices as string, for instance: STR+d12 when you have done this the auto-calculation will work. However note that when you setup this string first time it might not calculate your damage, but you can re-calculate manually by right clicking on top of damage dices (where you usually drop dices) and select Edit -> Update, or just click middle-mouse button on top of it.

I am not 100% sure what you mean with "inconsistent implementation of Encumbrance penalties". Encumbrance is applied only to traits which link to Strength or Agility. If you roll from your Strength by dragging directly from there, it will apply there, but you should not roll your damage with that method, you should put the die as attack.

With skills (and attacks due to fighting or shooting skill) there is catch. Skill must have link to attribute! If no link exists then encumbrance cannot detect should it apply or not and it won't. If you drag-and-drop skills from module to chracter sheet the link is formed automatically. If you create skills manually there is no link, but you can setup it by opening the detailed skill description for each skill and setup the attribute name there as it's for module skills. BUT I would recommend dragging directly from module, it has some more magic behind the scene.

Do we have a timeline for the extensions to be compatible with FG 3.0?

When core Savage Worlds ruleset is made compatible with FG 3.0. I haven't heard any news when this is planned. After the core ruleset is made compatible it might take 1-2 weeks to make extension compatible, depending how much changes there, but the bigger variable is my own time schedule. I am busy with several "life ritual" tasks next two months, like moving to another city, getting married, and christmas to name but a few :)

Made some characters for a Deadlands campaign last night. I had all the Savage Worlds feature extensions with Deadlands patches. Took forever for some of the players to open up their character sheets, until they named their characters it gave me a bunch of errors, we all got errors when we opened up several gear windows, I noticed the "tools" window was sized differently (was more wide at the bottom), and a bunch more... Tried without all but one extension (images) and everything seem more stable.

Were you using FG v3.0? Was is Deadlands: Reloaded or Noir? Any other extensions in use?

Mask_of_winter
December 19th, 2013, 00:22
Yeah it was 3.0 using deadlands reloaded with all the latest feature extensions and their deadlands adapters.

Hector Trelane
December 20th, 2013, 09:03
Ikael, all of that worked, fantastic. Thanks esp. for the trick of entering

For Encumbrance, it seems that does not apply to damage rolls. Arguably melee weapon damage based on Strength should be receive the encumbrance penalty. I suppose the rules, however, don't consider damage rolls to be Trait checks and therefore not subject to this penalty.

Ikael
December 20th, 2013, 17:32
Ikael, all of that worked, fantastic. Thanks esp. for the trick of entering

For Encumbrance, it seems that does not apply to damage rolls. Arguably melee weapon damage based on Strength should be receive the encumbrance penalty. I suppose the rules, however, don't consider damage rolls to be Trait checks and therefore not subject to this penalty.

Thanks for the support :)

I strongly believe that encumbrance penalties are NOT applied to damage rolls, because they are not trait rolls! If anyone can state otherwise, please step onwards :)

Doswelk
December 20th, 2013, 22:35
Damage rolls stopped being Trait rolls with the release of Explorer's Edition of Savage Worlds. So thus encumbrance should not be applied to them.

damned
December 21st, 2013, 00:05
like moving to another city, getting married, and christmas to name but a few :)

Congratulations! ...I think... :)

Ikael
December 21st, 2013, 10:10
Oh bugger, just now I realized that FG3.0 is out. No wonder everyone started to have issues. Well, I will need to get into this at the beginning of next year, but I cannot promise anything because of hurry in real life. It would be helpful if people could do testing beforehand, ie. start without extendions and report issues then enable one extension at time and check how features are working

Ikael
December 21st, 2013, 10:10
Congratulations! ...I think... :)

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 11:08
Hi Ikael, I see most of the extensions have two versions, is there any reason to use the older ones?

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 12:33
Calendar extension adds new functionality to the ruleset: Calendar and time. New dockstack button is added into upper right corner to open this tool.

Implemented Features

Utilities :: Calendar and time: 4E ruleset calendar feature was implemented. Different calendar systems can be defined as modules.
Export :: Export calendar events: Support to export calendar events to modules.

Planned Features

GM-only calendar events: Allow host to create gmonly calendar events. These events can marked as shared for all afterwards.
Support for time: Host should be able to define clock times.
Automatized power power recovery: When host moves time onwards characters should recover power points automatically.

It's been a while and all these extensions weren't around when I last run a game!

How do you set a date apart from the current (realtime) date?
How do you advance time?

Thanks in advance.

Ikael
January 2nd, 2014, 17:03
Hi Ikael, I see most of the extensions have two versions, is there any reason to use the older ones?

Older versions are there just for fail-safe cases, if the newer version does not work for you, but most times, you should use newest build/version. I might clean up old version soon since the newest ones are confirmed to be stabile.

It's been a while and all these extensions weren't around when I last run a game!

How do you set a date apart from the current (realtime) date?
How do you advance time?

Thanks in advance.

SW Calendar is different from Calendar and Time extension I did some time ago. Calendar extension's purpose is to provide better date visualization and assign events to dates. It does not support time yet, but it is being planned to be implemented one day (bring most of the stuff from Calendar and Time extension and include automatic power point recovery etc.)

Calendar extension requires external module which will define what calendar system you want to use. Did you mean how can you use different calendar system? -- There are few provided, one is Gregorian calendar while the other is Mihtra calendar (from Cyradon settings).

If you need time tracking feature you should use Calendar and time extension instead.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 17:24
Older versions are there just for fail-safe cases, if the newer version does not work for you, but most times, you should use newest build/version. I might clean up old version soon since the newest ones are confirmed to be stabile.

SW Calendar is different from Calendar and Time extension I did some time ago. Calendar extension's purpose is to provide better date visualization and assign events to dates. It does not support time yet, but it is being planned to be implemented one day (bring most of the stuff from Calendar and Time extension and include automatic power point recovery etc.)

Calendar extension requires external module which will define what calendar system you want to use. Did you mean how can you use different calendar system? -- There are few provided, one is Gregorian calendar while the other is Mihtra calendar (from Cyradon settings).

If you need time tracking feature you should use Calendar and time extension instead.

Yes, I'm using the calendar module and adding relevant holidays for the Elizabethan era to the Gregorian calendar. I don't necessarily need time tracking, i just wondered if it was available. There's the ability to set the date to the current date, so I was wondering if it could be set to other days?

Ikael
January 2nd, 2014, 18:48
Yes, I'm using the calendar module and adding relevant holidays for the Elizabethan era to the Gregorian calendar. I don't necessarily need time tracking, i just wondered if it was available. There's the ability to set the date to the current date, so I was wondering if it could be set to other days?

You set any date to be current one, by selecting the date and clicking "book" icon on top. Icon's tooltip states something like: "set to current date" or something

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 19:05
Sorry I wasn't clear. I know how to set the date to current. I don't know how to set it to any other date.

Ikael
January 4th, 2014, 13:16
Sorry I wasn't clear. I know how to set the date to current. I don't know how to set it to any other date.

Sorry I don't understand what do you mean with current and other date? You can select any date to be "current one in game time". Selection is done by selecting any date in calendar (click anyone) and when it's selected click the book icon on top right.

Ikael
January 4th, 2014, 13:29
EDIT: Content removed since major compatibility issues were removed

VenomousFiligree
January 4th, 2014, 14:38
Sorry I don't understand what do you mean with current and other date? You can select any date to be "current one in game time". Selection is done by selecting any date in calendar (click anyone) and when it's selected click the book icon on top right.
OK, so I was stupid, now that it's explained it works fine!

Ikael
January 6th, 2014, 14:57
Good news, Enhanced Combat Tracker's FG v3.0 issues were minor, but deadly, and they are now fixed:

SW Enhanced Combat Tracker_v1.3_build1.ext (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5794&d=1389019805)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded_v1.3_build1.ext
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5795&d=1389019813)
The only important thing to do before continuing this project (within two months) is to make targeting compatible with FG 3.0.

Mask_of_winter
January 6th, 2014, 15:03
Awesome! Thanks Aki
What about the library? I miss that tool already.

Ikael
January 6th, 2014, 15:18
Awesome! Thanks Aki
What about the library? I miss that tool already.

I am working on it currently (thank god today is free day in Finland :D), but it doesn't look good. I am trying to understand if doing such a thing is anymore possible. Several errors seems to refer that what it early did is not going to be supported by FG 3.0+ (but there is good reason for it, in sense of business). But I won't say it's impossible, but I would like to hear some feedback from SmiteWork would such a thing be allowed. Previously when we had email discussion about it, nothing strictly defined came up, but what I understood was that it might not be possible in the future, but anyways the project lived onwards.

I haven't heard that anyone else has done else similar now/before, so it's about trial and error, and reading documention that doesn't exist yet :) I am sorry, but do not hope this to work anytime soon.

EDIT: But fear not, if the way Enhanced Library does things is not possible, I want to find another way, since it's one of my personally most wanted features to setup library without having to sweat with XML.

Mask_of_winter
January 6th, 2014, 15:40
That makes sense.

Personally, it did fit my need to create homebrew stuff. I don't think it made it look professional enough to be a threat to Smite Works $$ (no offense). I could run demos and one-shots using homemade material. Oh well.

Ikael
January 6th, 2014, 16:10
That makes sense.

Personally, it did fit my need to create homebrew stuff. I don't think it made it look professional enough to be a threat to Smite Works $$ (no offense). I could run demos and one-shots using homemade material. Oh well.

I you only made homebrew stuff as own modules, then library extension might work for you. There are however some issues with availability feature which might raise erros, but I don't know if they are fatal. If you need the extension, please try to use it and give me feedback if it works for you and if it doesn't point me in way which is doesn't work and I can see bigger picture.

anyways, I can say that modifying existing modules doesn't seem to be supported anymore. Whenever there is STATIC node where I attempt to create customized node I get "createWindow: Unable to create window". Previously (in 2.x) it worked just fine.

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2014, 20:55
It's definitely not a money thing. We want people to be able to make their own content, and use it in a game. It's more a question of what "static" data in a module should mean.

Static data was implied to mean read-only data, in order to preserve data that should not be changed. (i.e. in most modules, this means that reference data should not be editable, while adventure data should be editable.)

However, in v2.9.4, the application of the read-only protection was haphazard, and could be coded around. In v3.0, I had to clean up a lot of error conditions where data that should be read-only was editable and causing other problems. At that point, static nodes were fully enforced as read-only.

I always thought that the model for going about adding reference data via the library was very limiting. What if every game object had it's own list? (i.e. edges, hindrances, powers, ...)

At one point, I was thinking about adding an ability to have lists of these "reference" type objects registered in the library to allow more intuitive access/lookup, as well as allow editing. (i.e. In SW, create an "Edges" section in the library, which contains the master list of all Edges, either all at once or tabbed by book. In this master list, you could also allow addition/deletion of custom reference objects.)

I haven't thought fully through what that would look like yet or the time to prototype, but I always thought that would be the way to approach this scenario.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2014, 20:59
There is also a new test release of v3.0.2 that fixes two crash conditions in the SW ruleset, including the one that happens after sharing the Enhanced Combat Tracker.

There are only 3 issues in SW that I know about at this point:
* Targeting data not visible in CT
* Character import not working correctly when using import buttons in character selection
* Script errors when viewing equipment tables using Enhanced Library extension.

Please check it out and let me know what other issues there are, as I am focusing on SW fixes right now.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 6th, 2014, 21:19
I have two games over the weekend. I'll use the Test version and all Ikael's working extensions and let you know.

Doswelk
January 7th, 2014, 07:24
The lack of Enhanced Library is a nightmare to me right now, the amount of time it saved me when building the setting modules, having to going back to hand-coding all special abilities for NPCs makes me not want to bother converting any more :( It took me too long to convert Land of Fire as it is and now I have to convert all my modules again, not a happy bunny right now...

The major issue for me (other than the ones above) is my Custom Adventure decks will not work any more...

ShotGun Jolly
January 7th, 2014, 11:17
I wish I was able to help more. But I just updated everything to 3.0.2 and I got a script error right away when I went to open up the hinderance list. Said it could not create the window.

Then everything I had entered using the enhanced library prior was gone. Sad times.. I just rolled it back to 2.9.4. and keep it like such till I hear things are getting better. I am just a simple gamer, not a coder or programer so I cant offer any help, when I really wish I could.

Ikael
January 7th, 2014, 17:40
Actually Enhanced Library extension does not attempt to alter static databasenodes, instead it respects that library's windowlist read the static nodes and forms the list from them. But in addition to that, when the windowlist is initialized (onInit) extension will attempt to find if campaign's db.xml contains node with target-node that has value of the very same node of the current list, see example below (in example below sw deluxe's weird edges is the target list):

<customreference>
<xx>
<id-00069>
<index>
<id-00001>
<benefit type="formattedtext">
<p>desc here...</p>
</benefit>
<name type="string">Winglets</name>
<prerequisites type="string">Narsin creation</prerequisites>
<type type="string">Edge</type>
</id-00001>
</index>
<target type="string">library.swdplayer.entries.chapter_108.index.s_07_w eird</target>
</id-00069>
</xx>
</customreference>

if it finds given node it wants to create dummy windowinstance to the windowlist which would NOT be associated to windowlist's database nodes, instead the windowinstance is manually associated to point to customreference entry within campaign db.xml.

By writing this, I just realized one significant issue in current implementation: it invoked windowlist.createWindow()!! Ie. "If the data source is nil, then a data record will automatically be created if the list is data bound." It is binding to static databasenodes! Buff! I should initialize the dummy windowinstance with customreference node in the first place, and yes I made small change and I have beaten the first issue and the extension works partially :)

Well gotta start doing more "rubber duck debugging". Thanks for waking me up :)

Ikael
January 7th, 2014, 18:45
After above rubber duck squeeze, I made small changes that resulted: SW Enhanced Library v1.2 (build 1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5813&d=1389120059)

Please note that I haven't spend much effort on this, since my time is very limited during start of this year, but at least on my quick check my own library customizations worked fine! This is still labeled work-in-process and I cannot promise that it works 100% as expected, but I would extremely approciate if people could check does it work.

PS: I think this update smacks this issues as well: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19999-GM-modules-issue

Ikael
January 8th, 2014, 21:40
I got little time to checkout how targeting system works in FG 3.0 and here is my interpratation of it: Enhanced Combat Tracker v1.3 (build 2) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5827&stc=1&d=1389216621)
I haven't got enough time to fully test it, but it works for my quick tests.

New targetin system utilized FG v3.0 approach where targeting is done from token to token, otherwise it provides the same functionality as before: Targeted entries are highlighted as blueish in combat tracker. Small addition to that: Only current combatant's targets are highlighted in combat tracker. Anyone can plan their targets anytime, and during current combatant's turn only HIS/HER targeted entries are highlighted. The map might look like mess with everyone targeting somebody, but at least it is easy to read from tracker whom current one is targeting.

Something additional suger I did:

new menu option is combat tracker (from menu icon on bottom): Clear all targeting. This option removes all targeting
New preference option: Show name on token. This option can be switched on to display token's name above token on maps
New preference option: Auto-scale to grid. This option can be used to automatically scale token to fit into grid on map
New preference option: Show combat conditions on token. When this is enabled, SHAKEN and INC icon are displayed next to tokens if combatant has that status.

Note that this version is still work-in-progress, but I like always, I would approciate if people could give a go for this update and let me know how it worked.

Ikael
January 9th, 2014, 21:16
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker v1.3 (build 3) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5847&stc=1&d=1389301503)

New features:

Targeting is FG v3.0 compatible
Combat tracker :: Clear all targets: New combat tracker menu option added: Clear all targeting. This option will clear all existing targeting
Combat tracker :: Token name: New preference option was added to enable displaying name above tokens on map.
Combat tracker :: Token combat condition: New preference was added to enable displaying combat conditions (shaken and incapacitated) on token in maps.
Combat tracker :: Token combat effects: New preference was added to enable displaying combat effects on token in maps. Currently following effects are supported as token icons: prone, defend (or defense or full defense) and wild attack. If combatant has effect with any above name (non-case sensitive) then icon will be displayed next to token.
Combat tracker :: Token auto-scale to grid: New preference option was added to enable automatic token scaling on grid when dragged and dropped to maps. 80% and 100% scales are supported.

See the attached image how token icon look like. The only real new feature (not mentioned in above posts) is to display few pre-selected combat effects on tokens. These are: Prone, Defense (or Full Defense) and Wild Attack. If combatant has any of those as his/her effects (identified by the same names) they will be displayed next to his/her token. Why these effects? -- Personally I thought these were the only ones that MIGHT affect players/GM decision on whom their character is going to attack/target now. If you think there would be some other effects to have similar decision-changing aspect, let me know!

Artist/graphical person wanted!

I do not have skills for doing graphics, but I think above three effects should have own icons. If you have skills and would like to help me improve this extension, show me your power :) No, more seriously effect icons are 20x20 px and if you feel like helping me out, the help is extremely approciated :)

damned
January 9th, 2014, 22:04
Artist/graphical person wanted!

I do not have skills for doing graphics, but I think above three effects should have own icons. If you have skills and would like to help me improve this extension, show me your power :) No, more seriously effect icons are 20x20 px and if you feel like helping me out, the help is extremely approciated :)

20 x 20 is so damn hard to do ANYTHING with!
Shield - Ok.
Crossed Swords - Ok.
Prone - WTF!

VenomousFiligree
January 9th, 2014, 22:16
There's loads here (https://game-icons.net/) that could be used.

Doswelk
January 9th, 2014, 23:07
Combat tracker :: Token name: New preference option was added to enable displaying name above tokens on map.

All I get is '...' how do you set the name?

Combat tracker :: Token combat condition: New preference was added to enable displaying combat conditions (shaken and incapacitated) on token in maps.

Love it :D

Combat tracker :: Token combat effects: New preference was added to enable displaying combat effects on token in maps. Currently following effects are supported as token icons: prone, defend (or defense or full defense) and wild attack. If combatant has effect with any above name (non-case sensitive) then icon will be displayed next to token.
Combat tracker :: Token auto-scale to grid: New preference option was added to enable automatic token scaling on grid when dragged and dropped to maps. 80% and 100% scales are supported.

Nice

One thing though the one thing I need the most for large battles is still missing, when a PC targets an NPC the PC portrait no longer shows on the tracker, it's all very well having a line to an NPC but how do I delete the correct one from the combat tracker?

(Please note this is not a dig at you Ikael, why this most useful bit of functionality that has existed since FG1 was removed I do not know, and I'll stick with 2.94 for now because of it.)

That said love your work as always.

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 05:44
Why do you need the portrait displayed on tracker? In my interpretation of targeting, map can become mess with targeting, because of targeting lines from each token to each. However tracker only highlights currently active combatants targets, and only one can be active combatant at time. What benefit does portaita add on this? Removing single targeting from tracker is good idea

Doswelk
January 10th, 2014, 06:59
See below:

At a glance I can see which NPC the player has targeted on the tracker, those lines that just clutter up the map do not help when it comes to deleting the correct token, if you delete the token from the map the npc stays on the combat tracker.

Necropolis takes advantage of the fact that Savage Worlds can cope with large battles, the old combat tracker made this possible, the new token targeting nerfs (in my opinion) the best thing about Savage Worlds!

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 07:55
When do you delete the tokens?

In the 3.5E/4E ruleset, when the combatant is dying/dead, a delete button appears on that combat tracker entry to allow for quick deletion. Deletion of the combatant in the CT deletes the linked token as well.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
January 10th, 2014, 09:36
I could remove a token for any number of issues:

Extra takes 1 wound
Wild Card is incapitated
NPC runs away

Regardless of the reason for removing the token, once a player inflicts a wound I need to apply it to a token, without the indicator I cannot tell who has been hit in the first place to change the damage, likewise a NPC/PC can be shaken due to a test of wills/spell/critical failure.

In my testing (single PC with one GM and one player) I can draw a line between a two tokens but that is all it does, there is no indicator on the combat tracker who has been targeted, I believe in the 3.5/4e rulesets damage is applied to a token but I could not see that happening here, I suspect that maybe I am at fault but I do not play 4e/3.5e/pathfinder so how FG works with those rulesets has been of no interest to me, hence may be I am the problem.

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 10:32
No problem, just exploring how you use targeting in SW.

The Test mode update of FG currently has a version of SW which shows targeting entities on the CT. Pretty sure Ikael overrides the CT in his enhanced CT extension, so may work differently.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
January 10th, 2014, 11:22
That might be the issue, I was testing Live not TEST D'oh!

ShotGun Jolly
January 10th, 2014, 17:18
With the latest changes, will I still be able to make my own custom Adventure Cards using the adventure deck extension I just purchased?

I read somewhere, saying that some peoples adventure decks are not working now, but I cant find that post at the moment. But I do not want to start to try and make the deck only to find out that it is not going to work.

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 17:25
With the latest changes, will I still be able to make my own custom Adventure Cards using the adventure deck extension I just purchased?

I read somewhere, saying that some peoples adventure decks are not working now, but I cant find that post at the moment. But I do not want to start to try and make the deck only to find out that it is not going to work.

These extension does not affect how Adventure Deck product works, they are completely separate and these extensions have been compatible with each other long time. The issue might be in FG 3.0, but that's only my wild guess

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 17:32
See below:

At a glance I can see which NPC the player has targeted on the tracker, those lines that just clutter up the map do not help when it comes to deleting the correct token, if you delete the token from the map the npc stays on the combat tracker.

Necropolis takes advantage of the fact that Savage Worlds can cope with large battles, the old combat tracker made this possible, the new token targeting nerfs (in my opinion) the best thing about Savage Worlds!

It might be that we do not speak the same language here, but we all mean the very same thing. See attached images. As summary, PC portrait indicator is replaced with blue-ish background color on combat tracker's combatants. At least personally I have been able to see every needed information at a glance with this method. I have removed displayed portraits because NPCs can also utilize targeting and when only seeing CURRENTLY ACTIVE COMBATANT'S TARGETS it's useless I believe.

I hope this claryfies my approach :)

Token's '...' is displayed if your token is too small to have name. This might be because of sheetlabel font, I might change it to be sheetlabelsmall to allow it be utilized with smaller tokens. You do not need to setup names manually, they are read from tracker automatically

Doswelk
January 10th, 2014, 18:51

FGIII does break custom adventure decks but MoonWizard has already fixed it (subject to testing).

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 19:17
The dependency naming of extensions changed with v3.x. If an extension has a dependency, then the dependency named in the extension.xml file must be the file name, not the display name.

If you already built an custom adventure deck extension, you just need to change the dependency name from "Adventure Deck" to "AdventureDeck". I've updated the extension in the updater to include the changes in the example provided with the Adventure Deck product.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
January 10th, 2014, 19:26
I am having some strange fun and games with the Adventure Deck and FGIII, it is easier to show you than describe.

<video removed as it had my serial number in it!>

Oh and I cannot get the tracker to work either :confused:

The above was running 3.01 as no extensions show up when I run FGIII in Test mode :cry:

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 20:08
I am having some strange fun and games with the Adventure Deck and FGIII, it is easier to show you than describe.

<video removed as it had my serial number in it!>

Before I recorded this I moved my FGII folder out and re-downloaded everything using update to keep it as clean as possible.

This video shows that with the minor fix MoonWizard gave me today FGIII with Customization works but needs some tweaks...

Oh and I cannot get the tracker to work either :confused:

The above was running 3.01 as no extensions show up when I run FGIII in Test mode :cry:

v3.01 is ok with latest Enhanced Extensions. Combat tracker's targeting is not working because targeting combatant is NOT from combat tracker. I guess you forgot to drag that token from combat tracker to map. How do I know it? -- It doesn't have name like other tokens, and if you look closely on tokens on tracker, the ones that are dragged to map have small square-like frames around them. Now I get some idea why you meantioned about the portrait. Previously you didn't need to have PC on tracker to be able to show its portrait as you target, but times have changed my friend, new targeting feature is token-to-token and requires that all token are initially dragged to map from tracker.

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 20:26
Can you send me the Adventure Deck extension or folder from your machine to [email protected]?

I can't reproduce that here, and I'm assuming that it is something in the extension.xml. Maybe an older version of the Adventure Deck? Not sure until I look.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
January 11th, 2014, 01:19
I uploaded to FTP, but that .ext file was new downloaded via update tool tonight.
v3.01 is ok with latest Enhanced Extensions. Combat tracker's targeting is not working because targeting combatant is NOT from combat tracker. I guess you forgot to drag that token from combat tracker to map. How do I know it? -- It doesn't have name like other tokens, and if you look closely on tokens on tracker, the ones that are dragged to map have small square-like frames around them. Now I get some idea why you mentioned about the portrait. Previously you didn't need to have PC on tracker to be able to show its portrait as you target, but times have changed my friend, new targeting feature is token-to-token and requires that all token are initially dragged to map from tracker.I didn't forget as such it's for the last SEVEN years that's what I've done!ARGH!Muscle memory is ingrained with that, how many times will I "forget" to drag PCs from Tracker :SThat said I love the new bits you added, I'm just getting old and obviously finding all this new fangled things happening to my favourite piece of software too much!Once I calm down and stop resisting change I'' be making more videos and converting the Sci-fi guide :)

Moon Wizard
January 11th, 2014, 08:34
Strange, I just downloaded it, erased the other AdventureDeck extensions, popped your file in my extensions folder, launched FG, and I saw the extension available for SW.

Usually, an extension does not appear if the ruleset does not match or ruleset version info is not within min/max version defined in ruleset. If the dependency does not exist or is not within min/max version, then it shows the red X instead.

Do you have a SavageWorlds3 folder in your rulesets directory? Maybe it is overriding the SW PAK?

JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2014, 09:23
Possible minor bug with the library extension. When ever I drag and drop from and into the Ranged Weapon Table, two entries are made. It might be my mouse, however it happened every time.

Mask_of_winter
January 11th, 2014, 09:34
Alright. I've been working on a module for Beasts & Barbarians using your extension Ikael. So far so good, it seems stable. I've got almost all of Chapter 1 done so I decided to export it (library, shared data) to take a look at it.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Library_v1.2_build1.ext

1. Doesn't matter how often I open and close it and if it's in a different campaign, two entries show up. One fully functional, another one shows a bunch of "unnamed" link entries. How do I fix that?

2. If I try to open up the Beasts & Barbarians Golden Edition.mod file with filzip it looks empty although it weighs 396kb. I tried with the Horror Companion and I can see all the files and png in there. Is the "&" in the file name making it act up?

3. Tables. I see it creates a "block" when you chose that. Is it possible to create horizontal separations as well?

4. I see I can sort entries within a window. Is it possible to sort and clean the entries in the main menu so it's easier to navigate as well?

Keep in mind, I'm not an IT guy. I've read documentation on making modules but without practical examples of their uses or someone to show me step by step, I couldn't make much sense of it all hehe.

I'm just a guy trying to find a way to create a professional looking library module that could potentially end up in the Store. I have a friend who's willing to help me clean it up but I'd rather do everything myself if that's possible.

Again, thank you for your time and great work.

Doswelk
January 11th, 2014, 09:43
Strange, I just downloaded it, erased the other AdventureDeck extensions, popped your file in my extensions folder, launched FG, and I saw the extension available for SW.
Usually, an extension does not appear if the ruleset does not match or ruleset version info is not within min/max version defined in ruleset. If the dependency does not exist or is not within min/max version, then it shows the red X instead.
Do you have a SavageWorlds3 folder in your rulesets directory? Maybe it is overriding the SW PAK?
JPG
Problem went away as soon I as put data folder on same drive as FGIII (C: drove) I've never had to do that before usually it has been on D: (as C: an SSD is just for software), but it works for now...

Ikael
January 11th, 2014, 11:26
Small update: Enhanced Combat Tracker v1.3 (build 4) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5862&stc=1&d=1389439405)

Token name font was changed to be smaller ones to avoid '...' names more.
Token combat effect icons changed and new one added: Unarmed

I just consumed today's FG time, so I need to tackle with other mentioned issues later

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2014, 16:26
Possible minor bug with the library extension. When ever I drag and drop from and into the Ranged Weapon Table, two entries are made. It might be my mouse, however it happened every time.
When I do the same with Armour, the notes and weight don't auto-populate on the list

Doswelk
January 11th, 2014, 17:19
Problem went away as soon I as put data folder on same drive as FGIII (C: drove) I've never had to do that before usually it has been on D: (as C: an SSD is just for software), but it works for now...
I spoke too soon, Live mode works but Test mode no Adventure Deck listed, it is bloody weird!

Ikael
January 12th, 2014, 18:18
Enhanced Character Sheets (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5872&d=1389550066)

Weapons :: Alter weapon wielder's strength in damage calculation: Weapon wielder's strength used for damage calculation can be altered by setting up two special characters to damage-strings after STR notation. If ?-mark is used after STR-notation, weapon's minumum strength limits are ignored for the weapon. If !-mark is used after STR-notation, wielder's strength die type is increased by one for each !-mark. For instance to ignore minimum strength limit use STR?+d8, to increase wielder's strength by two use STR!!+d8, to do both use STR!!?+d8 (order of !- and ?-characters does not matter).
Weapons :: Use any attribute on damage calcuation: In addition of using STR-notation in damage-string for damage calculation, you can use any other attributes as well. Each attribute is identified by their first three letters. ie. Agility=AGI, Smarts=SMA, Spirit=SPI, Vigor=VIG. You can use !-mark feature to increase given attribute for damage calculation

Enhanced Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5873&d=1389550197)

Fixes several bugs: Double-entries & weight and notes not populating when dragging-and-dropping, custom created skill, edge & hindrance lists is broken after re-opening window
Known existing issues: Availability does not work for powers

Enhanced Combat Tracker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5874&d=1389550247)

Fixes several bugs: Token features causing console errors for clients & clients not seeing token features correctly

Ikael
January 12th, 2014, 18:27
Alright. I've been working on a module for Beasts & Barbarians using your extension Ikael. So far so good, it seems stable. I've got almost all of Chapter 1 done so I decided to export it (library, shared data) to take a look at it.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Library_v1.2_build1.ext

1. Doesn't matter how often I open and close it and if it's in a different campaign, two entries show up. One fully functional, another one shows a bunch of "unnamed" link entries. How do I fix that?

2. If I try to open up the Beasts & Barbarians Golden Edition.mod file with filzip it looks empty although it weighs 396kb. I tried with the Horror Companion and I can see all the files and png in there. Is the "&" in the file name making it act up?

3. Tables. I see it creates a "block" when you chose that. Is it possible to create horizontal separations as well?

4. I see I can sort entries within a window. Is it possible to sort and clean the entries in the main menu so it's easier to navigate as well?

Keep in mind, I'm not an IT guy. I've read documentation on making modules but without practical examples of their uses or someone to show me step by step, I couldn't make much sense of it all hehe.

I'm just a guy trying to find a way to create a professional looking library module that could potentially end up in the Store. I have a friend who's willing to help me clean it up but I'd rather do everything myself if that's possible.

Again, thank you for your time and great work.

I updated Enhanced Library extension, you could give a try using it.

1) I haven't seen two unamed links bug myself, and I don't think you could share your product so I could evaluate if problem is within it

2) Exporting modules is SW ruleset feature, maybe there is issue because FG 3.0 changed export API

3) Table creation is FG feature, I don't know how to use it yet

4) Unfortunately it is not supported at the moment, I was thinking about it, but never saw it important feature. The final order can be changed for your final product, by changing list nodeids

I am glad you have found the extension useful, but keep in mind that Enhanced Library extension is still proof-of-concept-like feature package. I cannot promise that it will always work and that next version won't break something what already created. Whenever you update version PLEASE take backup from your material since I would hate to hear you that update broke something so badly that it cannot be fixed, and yet that can happen. I do not intend to break things, but since this is my hobby-project and not real-paid-for project I update it more freehanded, and do not manage regression testing or other Q&A matters that much. If console errors don't pop-up and my custom library works, then everything is ok.

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2014, 01:01
2) The API does change between v2.9 and v3.0, but the original export calls still works 2.9 style if the compatibility version is prior to v3.0 for the ruleset. I'm not sure why the module is showing as empty when you unzip. Perhaps the ampersand is the problem, but it sounds like this is outside FG anyways. Or am I missing something?

3) Are you talking about tables in the formattedtext fields? Or the tables available as a campaign record type in the CoreRPG-based rulesets (i.e. PFRPG, etc.)?

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
January 13th, 2014, 09:37
When you create a table in a formatted text field it starts with a single table cell (i.e. a 1x1 table).

To add another column, press CTRL+TAB within the cell.
To add a new line (with a single cell) press Enter within a cell.

Putting the cursor into blank table fields using the mouse requires you to click at the very left side of the cell - you might find it easier using the cursor keys to navigate between cells.

Mask_of_winter
January 13th, 2014, 13:16
2) The API does change between v2.9 and v3.0, but the original export calls still works 2.9 style if the compatibility version is prior to v3.0 for the ruleset. I'm not sure why the module is showing as empty when you unzip. Perhaps the ampersand is the problem, but it sounds like this is outside FG anyways. Or am I missing something?

3) Are you talking about tables in the formattedtext fields? Or the tables available as a campaign record type in the CoreRPG-based rulesets (i.e. PFRPG, etc.)?

Regards,
JPG

2) Very odd but the problem was on my end. I was able to open it up with winzip. Odd because filzip could unzip the horror companion.

3) Trenloe just answered my question. Thanks!

1) I haven't seen two unamed links bug myself, and I don't think you could share your product so I could evaluate if problem is within it

This isn't 3.0 It's always been there for me. I click create book, populate the menu with librarylinks and once I export it as library common, open it up in a new campaign and share it it does that. But I'll try out the new library extension. I could send you another module not copyright protected for you to check it out if you'd like.

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2014, 19:48
I just posted a new version of the SavageWorlds ruleset in the Test mode directory to address some v3.0.x compatibility items, but it required some meddling in many files.

Can a few Savage Worlds peeps give it a run through to see if I stirred up any issues? Or are there outstanding issues?

Thanks,
JPG

Mask_of_winter
January 14th, 2014, 01:13
I just posted a new version of the SavageWorlds ruleset in the Test mode directory to address some v3.0.x compatibility items, but it required some meddling in many files.

Can a few Savage Worlds peeps give it a run through to see if I stirred up any issues? Or are there outstanding issues?

Thanks,
JPG

I tried a mock combat with me connecting to localhost. None of Ikael's extensions enabled. From the player's perspective, I can't see the grid or tokens on the map.

Moon Wizard
January 14th, 2014, 09:13
Just tried the same thing, but I could see the tokens on the player side. Can you send me a copy of that campaign folder? ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

Dr0W
January 14th, 2014, 19:34
I'm preparing a game for tonight, I'm using Test version 3.0.2 and when I try to get a card from the deck (using the deck under the Tool button), I get this error:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/template_cardhand.lua"]:244: unexpected symbol near ';'
Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/card_hand.lua"]:16: attempt to call field 'addCard' (a nil value)

It works fine on Live (3.0.1)

Dr0W
January 14th, 2014, 21:54
I opened my FG2 right now when we were about to start gaming, the update available button appeared and I updated. It's still 3.0.2 but above problem doesn't happen anymore.

damned
January 14th, 2014, 22:12
in test slot there might be many many incremental updates under the same version number.
once it goes to live then each update would normally change the version number.

Ikael
January 16th, 2014, 19:32
Several SW Enhancement extensions were updated to work with v3.0.2 SW codebase. I do not have time to run playtesting so any help is approciated.

New features:

Enhanced Deskop -- Chat :: NPC icons in chat: New preference option was added to determine if NPCs should use icon in their chat entries. If NPC's token is icon resource, then it will be displayed in chat, otherwise NPC's friend-or-foe icon is displayed. In the most cases NPC's icon in chat is going to be his/her friend-or-foe state because tokens cannot be used as image resources, but I hope in future this might change and the feature becomes more "useful".

Some known existing issues:

Enhanced Library: Power availability feature does not work

EDIT: Attachments removed, download latest version from the first post

azjose
January 16th, 2014, 22:15
Several SW Enhancement extensions were updated to work with v3.0.2 SW codebase. I do not have time to run playtesting so any help is approciated.

Thanks so much for your work! I will give these a try the next day or so. :)

Mask_of_winter
January 17th, 2014, 00:38
Ok, I created a new library book using 3.0.1 (because Ikael's latest iteration of the his library extension works for this version) but I used to get the same results on 2.9.4 with earlier library extension version.

I created a book. Named it. Right click in the window to the right, dial menu I choose create page -> text -> normal. Enter some text -> close . On some pages I create links, create a new page, drag the new page into the empty link entry on previous page. Rinse and Repeat until I get everything I need.

/export
Put in a name, filename, index name, include thumbnail
Create index in library and common for my material
Select export module
A chat window prompt informs me the module has been exported successfully.
I leave this campaign. Go to another campaign. Activate new module in library and what I find is what I included in those two pictures. I've also included the example.mod (no IP, just copy and paste material from this thread)

Now if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me so I can correct it.

Thank you for your time.

Ikael
January 17th, 2014, 15:19
Ok, I created a new library book using 3.0.1 (because Ikael's latest iteration of the his library extension works for this version) but I used to get the same results on 2.9.4 with earlier library extension version.

I created a book. Named it. Right click in the window to the right, dial menu I choose create page -> text -> normal. Enter some text -> close . On some pages I create links, create a new page, drag the new page into the empty link entry on previous page. Rinse and Repeat until I get everything I need.

/export
Put in a name, filename, index name, include thumbnail
Create index in library and common for my material
Select export module
A chat window prompt informs me the module has been exported successfully.
I leave this campaign. Go to another campaign. Activate new module in library and what I find is what I included in those two pictures. I've also included the example.mod (no IP, just copy and paste material from this thread)

Now if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me so I can correct it.

Thank you for your time.

Ah! Indeed the issue is that you use "Create index in library" option. Basically when you create module you already create the index and it will be exported automatically, if you use the option along there will be double entries. So whenever exporting Enhanced Library content DO NOT USE "Create index in library" option and you're good to go :)

Mask_of_winter
January 17th, 2014, 20:29
Thank you kind sir!

Mask_of_winter
January 18th, 2014, 11:29
When you create a table in a formatted text field it starts with a single table cell (i.e. a 1x1 table).

To add another column, press CTRL+TAB within the cell.
To add a new line (with a single cell) press Enter within a cell.

Putting the cursor into blank table fields using the mouse requires you to click at the very left side of the cell - you might find it easier using the cursor keys to navigate between cells.

any way to make this tool work for modules? would need a tool to convert to xml?
https://www.textfixer.com/html/html-table-generator.php

Trenloe
January 20th, 2014, 16:19
any way to make this tool work for modules? would need a tool to convert to xml?
https://www.textfixer.com/html/html-table-generator.php
This thread might help explain: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19684-Text-formatting-table-columns-help

EDIT: A lot of the HTML generated by the table generator you link above will have to be removed before you paste it into the FG formattedtextcontrol XML as FG only supports a small subset of the HTML tags.

Ikael
January 21st, 2014, 18:58
These extension fix slashcommand issues and catch up latest SW 3.0.2 updates. Other v3.0.2 compatible extension can be found from post #159

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=166015&viewfull=1#post166015)EDIT: Attachments removed, download latest from first page.

Sunspoticus
January 24th, 2014, 00:16
Odd, I loaded these new extensions into a fresh install of 3.0.2 and none of these (including the new combat tracker enhancement) appear as valid extensions for Savage Worlds... Did I miss a step?

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2014, 00:29
Did you update the SW ruleset from the updater by entering your forum credentials?

Regards,
JPG

Sunspoticus
January 24th, 2014, 00:45
Yeah major doh. Thats the rub, the updater DID NOT update SavageWorlds. I had to copy it over from my "live" table PC to get it to 3.0.2. Once I did that, the extensions show up. Now its throwing console errors. After a lil nosh, I'll post them.

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2014, 02:24
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.2 (Build 3)
Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.3.0 (Build 5)
Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.2 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.3 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.1 (Build 4)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded, version 1.2 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded, version 1.3 (Build 0)

In the Combat tracker, every time I click next combatant I get this console error:
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/updated_combattracker_grouplist...."]:238: attempt to call field 'updateBackground' (a nil value)

Ikael
January 28th, 2014, 17:30
Deadlands: Reloaded version 1.3.0 (Build 5)
Adventure Deck version 1.2.0 (Build 3)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.2 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.3 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.1 (Build 4)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded, version 1.2 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker Adapter for Deadlands: Reloaded, version 1.3 (Build 0)

In the Combat tracker, every time I click next combatant I get this console error:
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/updated_combattracker_grouplist...."]:238: attempt to call field 'updateBackground' (a nil value)

Seems like you're using some old extensions.

I uploaded latest version to first page posts. Check them out.

orsmab
February 8th, 2014, 22:28
I've installed just the enhanced combat tracker and I am having issues. Every time I double click on an NPC's skill I get the following message and no dice are thrown.

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/updated_combattracker_contentfie..."]:91: attempt to call field 'getIdentityIcon' (a nil value)

Do I need other extensions?

Here is the output of /version

SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.3 (Build 6)

orsmab
February 8th, 2014, 23:36
I found the answer to my own problem. The enhanced combat tracker requires the enhanced desktop. Otherwise it doesn't work.

orsmab
February 13th, 2014, 00:41
Are there any plans to update the Enhanced Combat Tracker to use the "caster" rules in the standard CT? What I mean by this is that the stander CT will count down effects based on which character was active when the fx was applied - no matter who the effect is applied to.

Ikael
February 13th, 2014, 23:23
Are there any plans to update the Enhanced Combat Tracker to use the "caster" rules in the standard CT? What I mean by this is that the stander CT will count down effects based on which character was active when the fx was applied - no matter who the effect is applied to.

I can answer you more detailed next week after my move to new city is done, but as quick answer the original SW ruleset without CT enhancement ext works the way you describe. I updated the flow because I felt that it doesn't respect SW rules properly. The new flow makes power maintenance doable which was one important factor.

damned
February 22nd, 2014, 12:26
Little bit of a cross post... but JPG pointed me in the direction of SW and Im not sure who to ask...

I posted this in the Workshop... can anyone assist?

Can Players Share Images?

Trying to work out the best way to deal three cards to each player - be they items or images or something else all together.
The players need to be able to display for all other players what card (singular) is currently active.
Being able to display inactive cards (as there are only a total of 3 cards per player there are not massive numbers of them) - perhaps as much smaller images or just text - would also be useful.

Even if the GM has to display them could work.

At the start of each turn the player may nominate the same or a different card (from their own hand of three cards only) to be set as active. These cards represent an item of clothing or an accessory so the other players should be able to see what the currently worn/active item is.

Mask_of_winter
February 23rd, 2014, 01:42
Sounds like the chase widget in the SW ruleset.

Draeus
February 24th, 2014, 01:27
Hi would like to report that when I tried to give out XP using the /xp command that I would be given the following message:
Usage: /xp [X] Award X experince points to all PCs
The PCs did not recieve XP.

One of the players said that they also had this issue during their game when trying to dish out XP. So it is not isolated to myself. All extensions are upto date.

Just for your attention :/

Ikael
February 24th, 2014, 15:04
Hi would like to report that when I tried to give out XP using the /xp command that I would be given the following message:
Usage: /xp [X] Award X experince points to all PCs
The PCs did not recieve XP.

One of the players said that they also had this issue during their game when trying to dish out XP. So it is not isolated to myself. All extensions are upto date.

Just for your attention :/

Heya I might be silent but I am not dead :) I just lack Internet in my new house and these mobile connections are not that awesome. In addition I have business trip the whole remain of the week. I hope to have Internet after I return so I can get hang on what happens around here.

As far as I know, XP command should be removed because it's include in core ruleset now

Ikael
March 9th, 2014, 22:29
I have updated Enhancement extension to be compatible with SW 3.5 ruleset, but since v3.5 is not yet officially out, I consider these as development versions. Note that you must be using TEST-mode to use SW v3.5 version. These extension doesn't have any new features, but they fix several issues mentioned in this forum.

Ikael
March 11th, 2014, 17:40
I have uploaded SW 3.5 compatible enhancement extensions to the first page:

SW Calendar v1.2 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6230&stc=1&d=1394555261)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets v1.3 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6231&stc=1&d=1394555320)
SW Enhanced Desktop v1.2 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6233&stc=1&d=1394555391)
SW Enhanced Images v1.2 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6234&stc=1&d=1394555483)
SW Enhanced Library v1.3 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6235&stc=1&d=1394555627)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker v1.4 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6237&stc=1&d=1394555959)

Adapter extensions as well:

SW Enhanced Character Sheets Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded v1.3 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6232&stc=1&d=1394555337)
SW Enhanced Library Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded v1.2 (build1.ext) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6236&stc=1&d=1394555648)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker Adapter for DeadlandsReloaded v1.4 (build1) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6238&stc=1&d=1394555983)

Casamordius
March 23rd, 2014, 18:25
If I use the enhanced combat tracker 1.4 with SW 3.5 I get a nil error when adding personalities to the tracker (via drag drop).
Using the Button "Add NPCs to Combat Tracker" works fine.

Ikael
March 23rd, 2014, 19:21
If I use the enhanced combat tracker 1.4 with SW 3.5 I get a nil error when adding personalities to the tracker (via drag drop).
Using the Button "Add NPCs to Combat Tracker" works fine.

Thanks for reporting this! However I am not 100% how to reproduce the issue, I tried dragging NPC, PC and Ally to CT when using latest stabile SW ruleset (3.5.1 Build 1) and Enhanced Combat Tracker extension (1.4 Build 1) and I do not get any errors. Could you check what version are you using with /version and if the versions are the same, then could you write step-by-step case how to reproduce it? Thanks!

tlavalle
April 15th, 2014, 05:53
i have a quick question when i drag and drop the whole skills list in the library enhancement ext and then look at the module i am creating it shows up double and then when i try to open it fg crashes. I have ultimate 3.0.3. and sw 3.5.1 how do i fix this problem?

Ikael
April 16th, 2014, 19:16
i have a quick question when i drag and drop the whole skills list in the library enhancement ext and then look at the module i am creating it shows up double and then when i try to open it fg crashes. I have ultimate 3.0.3. and sw 3.5.1 how do i fix this problem?

Heya, I checked this out and I am able to reproduce the issue. Now the duplicate entries is a bug and you can avoid it by NOT dropping the link on top of the book name (it shows underlined when you hover on top of it). Now the crashing bug is because in your XML data there will be following data:

<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..@SW Deluxe Player Guide</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">&#160;&#160;Skill List</name>

<recordname>..@SW Deluxe Player Guide</recordname> is causing the crash. To fix this manually you could shutdown your FG, open your campaign's db.xml file and remove the @SW Deluxe Player Guide
postfix, save it and return back to FG, the link works. There is no easy way to fix this. I tried to do some setup in code but it failed in FG crashing down when I was touching that part of XML. I believe these will be one of the few things that are not going to be supported long because of its nature. My personal advice is avoid using this feature, sorry

tlavalle
April 16th, 2014, 19:50
ok will give that a try. otherwise i will just enter by hand. Oh my aching fingers :)

Ikael
April 16th, 2014, 20:27
ok will give that a try. otherwise i will just enter by hand. Oh my aching fingers :)

Quick note to mention, when you're copying the whole node, like the whole skill list. The feature is not copying the content of skills, just the linklist and each skill still points to to original content (to module). If you're preparing some seriously big module then I would recommend using some WYSIWYG editors. Learning SW module structure is not hard, but it takes some time, thereafter you could do great magic alone :)

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 21:13
Ikael,

I had an idea a while ago to approach this need from a different angle. The idea was to create a place for the ruleset or extensions to "register" new record types. (i.e. vehicles, spells, skills, edges, hindrances, etc.)

* Either a part of the library (but not a book), or a separate high-level window/button.
* Visual feel like the module activation window (i.e. block with icon to open record list).
* Each record list would just be a standard campaign record list with tabs (only difference is that the button to open not directly on tabletop)
* Allows easier registration of new record types (i.e. towns, guilds, spells, etc.) depending on needs of extension/ruleset
* At the same time, these record types could be registered as exportable.
* This is primarily to handle different record types, as opposed to "reference" material. Though, there is nothing to stop registering a reference "record type".
* Modules could potentially be rewritten to use these lists, instead of building their own "table of contents".

Would this solve the need you guys are trying to solve?

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
April 16th, 2014, 21:34
Ikael,

I had an idea a while ago to approach this need from a different angle. The idea was to create a place for the ruleset or extensions to "register" new record types. (i.e. vehicles, spells, skills, edges, hindrances, etc.)

* Either a part of the library (but not a book), or a separate high-level window/button.
* Visual feel like the module activation window (i.e. block with icon to open record list).
* Each record list would just be a standard campaign record list with tabs (only difference is that the button to open not directly on tabletop)
* Allows easier registration of new record types (i.e. towns, guilds, spells, etc.) depending on needs of extension/ruleset
* At the same time, these record types could be registered as exportable.
* This is primarily to handle different record types, as opposed to "reference" material. Though, there is nothing to stop registering a reference "record type".
* Modules could potentially be rewritten to use these lists, instead of building their own "table of contents".

Would this solve the need you guys are trying to solve?

Regards,
JPG

I would like to hear more about this idea, or actually what is its aim? Ruleset/extension could "register new type". I might be thinking too much about programming apparoaches/how to do, but how would these differ from the original way of doing? The last two asterixes seems great, but I would like to know more before giving determination if they would fix the issue :)

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2014, 22:07
First, the beta version of v3.0.4 fixes the crash as well as the incorrect relative path copy of the windowreference data. Just updated it.

On the record types window, the aim is to provide a method for rulesets built on CoreRPG or extensions to register new data record types (i.e. towns, Ripper lodges, superhero headquarters, ...) relevant to the game system or setting. As each record type is registered it would be a new listing in the alternate library window. When clicked, it would bring up a campaign record list (just like images, stories, NPCs, ...). At the same time the record type is registered, you would specify the path to use for records of that type (i.e. "battle" for encounters, "npc" for NPCs, ...) as well as the window class to use when opening records from that list.

This essentially allows any ruleset or extension to add new record types without having to monkey with the rest of the ruleset to enable it (new windowclasses, adding desktop buttons, etc.) Also, it provides a way for modules to provide specific data for those record types, instead of having them in a separate library table of contents.

Reference material could stay in the current library format, or a new reference "record type" could be created. Though it would probably need a little design and fine tuning, since reference records are usually a combination of different reference lists, links and formatted text.

Example: Instead of having all the Edges in their own individual book table of contents for SW Deluxe, Deadlands Reloaded, Deadlands Noir, Rippers, etc.; there would be a "Edge" record type registered. Then, any edges provided by that source book could be made to show up in that record list for "Edges". Also, new edges could be added in the main database, and later exported.

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
April 17th, 2014, 12:55
First, the beta version of v3.0.4 fixes the crash as well as the incorrect relative path copy of the windowreference data. Just updated it.

On the record types window, the aim is to provide a method for rulesets built on CoreRPG or extensions to register new data record types (i.e. towns, Ripper lodges, superhero headquarters, ...) relevant to the game system or setting. As each record type is registered it would be a new listing in the alternate library window. When clicked, it would bring up a campaign record list (just like images, stories, NPCs, ...). At the same time the record type is registered, you would specify the path to use for records of that type (i.e. "battle" for encounters, "npc" for NPCs, ...) as well as the window class to use when opening records from that list.

This essentially allows any ruleset or extension to add new record types without having to monkey with the rest of the ruleset to enable it (new windowclasses, adding desktop buttons, etc.) Also, it provides a way for modules to provide specific data for those record types, instead of having them in a separate library table of contents.

Reference material could stay in the current library format, or a new reference "record type" could be created. Though it would probably need a little design and fine tuning, since reference records are usually a combination of different reference lists, links and formatted text.

Example: Instead of having all the Edges in their own individual book table of contents for SW Deluxe, Deadlands Reloaded, Deadlands Noir, Rippers, etc.; there would be a "Edge" record type registered. Then, any edges provided by that source book could be made to show up in that record list for "Edges". Also, new edges could be added in the main database, and later exported.

Regards,
JPG

This is apsolutely great idea not only for SW purposes but for any systems out there! I was thinking about doing similar with edges: generic list that links all possible edges from different sources but you could nail it in better way. I could imaging several use cases for this and me me this is defenitely the most wanted feature idea currently :) Thanks for bringing it up!

PS: Glad to hear that the crashing bug was fixed!

Ikael
April 17th, 2014, 20:29
Heya, I checked this out and I am able to reproduce the issue. Now the duplicate entries is a bug and you can avoid it by NOT dropping the link on top of the book name (it shows underlined when you hover on top of it). Now the crashing bug is because in your XML data there will be following data:

<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..@SW Deluxe Player Guide</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">&#160;&#160;Skill List</name>

<recordname>..@SW Deluxe Player Guide</recordname> is causing the crash. To fix this manually you could shutdown your FG, open your campaign's db.xml file and remove the @SW Deluxe Player Guide
postfix, save it and return back to FG, the link works. There is no easy way to fix this. I tried to do some setup in code but it failed in FG crashing down when I was touching that part of XML. I believe these will be one of the few things that are not going to be supported long because of its nature. My personal advice is avoid using this feature, sorry

Ignore the quotes statement. Latest 3.0.4 version has fixed the crashing bug and the feature works well, so look forward seeing 3.0.4 coming as stabile version :)

tlavalle
April 17th, 2014, 21:36
ok where do i get it :)

tlavalle
April 17th, 2014, 21:37
Doh! nvm just realized what you meant by 3.0.4. when does it go live?

Sunspoticus
April 27th, 2014, 01:20
Trying to export a "book" using FG 3.0.4, SW 3.5.1, and the latest SW Library Extension.

When I do a /export and and select Customized Library & Customized References (both set only to SHARED) and click export I get (in a console window):

"Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:49: attempt to concatenate a nil value"

Naturally, if I don't have the extension enabled, I can export w/o error, although it doesn't pick up my "book"

Ikael
April 27th, 2014, 09:50
Trying to export a "book" using FG 3.0.4, SW 3.5.1, and the latest SW Library Extension.

When I do a /export and and select Customized Library & Customized References (both set only to SHARED) and click export I get (in a console window):

"Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:49: attempt to concatenate a nil value"

Naturally, if I don't have the extension enabled, I can export w/o error, although it doesn't pick up my "book"

Thanks for letting me know, I made small patch which _could_ solve the issue: Enhanced Library v1.3 build 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6397&d=1398588486)
please let me know how does it work for you?

Sunspoticus
April 27th, 2014, 14:53
Thanks for letting me know, I made small patch which _could_ solve the issue: Enhanced Library v1.3 build 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6397&d=1398588486)
please let me know how does it work for you?
Hey thanks for fixing as fast as you did, just in time for my game this morning. You do indeed ROCK my friend!

Ikael
April 27th, 2014, 22:57
Hey thanks for fixing as fast as you did, just in time for my game this morning. You do indeed ROCK my friend!

Actually the fix for the issue was actually implemented very much earlier but it was not included to public SW Enhanced extensions project. I have my personal development version which I maintain and update actively (adding new features and such) but I can only use it myself since they are not for SavageWorlds3 ruleset, instead they are for my SavageWorlds4 ruleset, which is at the moment my personal pet-project. If the project is given green light one day I can continue supporting public SW Enhancement project, but meanwhile I am only making bug fixes for it. That said, please keep up sending me bug reports and I keep extensions working for now.

Grix
May 11th, 2014, 07:11
These extensions are simply amazing. Thank you so much for your work on them. For non-XML users like myself the Enhanced Library extension is absolutely phenomenal. Will you be adding NPC support for it?

I've used your NPC maker, which is also incredible, but I'd love to be able to create lists of NPCs and monsters in my modules too. Heck, I'd really like to be able to drag the entries from a module created by NPC Maker into my Enhanced Library modules. That way I could have all of my Post Apocalyptic gear, skills, edges, hindrances and creatures in a single module without having to do XML - which I suck at.

If it's not practical I'm not complaining. Having a second Post Apocalyptic module for the Bestiary is not really an issue. Especially since I wouldn't be anywhere near this far along without the work you've already done!

Thanks again!

damned
May 11th, 2014, 07:36
...for my SavageWorlds4 ruleset, which is at the moment my personal pet-project. If the project is given green light one day I can continue supporting public SW Enhancement project...

is this a Pinnacle thing, a CoreRPG thing an Ikaels new Boss 9didnt you just get married) thing, or something else all together that needs to greenlight SW4?

Ikael
May 11th, 2014, 08:36
These extensions are simply amazing. Thank you so much for your work on them. For non-XML users like myself the Enhanced Library extension is absolutely phenomenal. Will you be adding NPC support for it?

I've used your NPC maker, which is also incredible, but I'd love to be able to create lists of NPCs and monsters in my modules too. Heck, I'd really like to be able to drag the entries from a module created by NPC Maker into my Enhanced Library modules. That way I could have all of my Post Apocalyptic gear, skills, edges, hindrances and creatures in a single module without having to do XML - which I suck at.

If it's not practical I'm not complaining. Having a second Post Apocalyptic module for the Bestiary is not really an issue. Especially since I wouldn't be anywhere near this far along without the work you've already done!

Thanks again!

With NPC Maker extension you can export your created NPC into module. To do this use /makenpc-module command, it will export all NPC which you created with the tool. You can also split NPC into different groups by setting up you NPC into different tabs in personalities list and giving name to the tab.

Why I didn't include NPC support for Enhanced Library? Because you could export npc as modules already and enhanced library was meant to create shared/public modules which anyone (players and gamemaster) can use. I have always seen NPCs gamemaster-only material not to spoil which evil each one is :) If NPCs would be included into the same module as done by Enhanced Library, then they would become public as well. I recommend you to create all public material: gear, skills, edges etc with Enhanced Library and NPC with NPC Maker and export them as two different modules, one which is public for all, and the other which is GM only (NPC Maker does that automatically).

Ikael
May 11th, 2014, 08:52
is this a Pinnacle thing, a CoreRPG thing an Ikaels new Boss 9didnt you just get married) thing, or something else all together that needs to greenlight SW4?

SW4 has some backwards incompatibility issues which needs to be reflected to all existing products (if required). I have tried to contact phantomwhale and SmiteWorks about SW4 but haven't got answer to proceed the project so it has become my own ruleset for now. I don't even know if other people are just busy or if they see that incompatibility seems to be something that cannot be overcome. Especially Deadlands was very much broken in SW4 but I made small changes to it and made it work again. Incompatibility issues are managable if you know what to do, but requires people to work on them, which might be the stopper at the moment. I am more than willing to help if there are any issues, but because of the silence in email discussion I have kinda give up for now. The project is waiting for people to give direction to it.

I don't even know if the project will be given any direction at all, anyways I have been using the ruleset for more than 2 months now in my games and personally I am happy with it. The sad part is that I have no interest in developing anything for SW3 anymore because of the new ruleset.

PS: Excluding Interface Zero 2.0 extension for SW3 which I am working on at the moment.

ddavison
May 11th, 2014, 12:45
Ikael, yes, the backward compatibility issue is the biggest stopper at the moment and is always one of the biggest challenges moving forward. Once you have nearly 100 products depending on a certain set of features, it becomes a requirement that they continue to work. This rule has been broken a few times and it's always created negative feelings in the community since it is not just paid products but every product that has been developed by individual users.

That said, your extensions and development are very impressive and we'd love to have them included somehow in the future. PhantomWhale has been acting as our lead on Savage Worlds this last year or so, and we have been relying upon him to get features implemented. If you'd be interested in doing anything officially, then hit me up on email again and we can discuss details.

damned
May 11th, 2014, 13:54
Ahhh - this expectation is too high methinks. You cant pay for a product once and expect it to not only work for ever but to be maintained forever too... its a nice thought but the niche is too small...

I guess one way around that could be is to have more than one version of the base product available - as in 2.9.4 could have remained available but unsupported perhaps, and could be installed in parallel to FG3... at some point FG 3.1 becomes another legacy install point...

I think PW but might be playing in the Castles&Crusades sandpit at the moment... lucky us (trollz that is)!

Grix
May 11th, 2014, 16:19
You can also split NPC into different groups by setting up you NPC into different tabs in personalities list and giving name to the tab.

That worked. I must have screwed up naming the tabs when I tried it before. This works great!

Moon Wizard
May 11th, 2014, 22:03
In the v3.0.4 release currently in beta testing, I've added more hooks into the FG client to migrate older modules and character files to the latest ruleset database structures.

You can find examples in VersionManager2 scripts in both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Cheers,
JPG

Ikael
May 11th, 2014, 22:33
In the v3.0.4 release currently in beta testing, I've added more hooks into the FG client to migrate older modules and character files to the latest ruleset database structures.

You can find examples in VersionManager2 scripts in both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Cheers,
JPG

Thanks for letting me know! Thou as far as I know SW4 development version does not include any incompatibility issues with modules or characters. There are very few database incompatibility issues, but they are being automatically managed with SW migration feature (created by Phantomwhale in last version)~ which is very similar to what 3.0.4 provides.

Dr0W
May 13th, 2014, 15:50
WTB SW4 with or without incompatibility issues ò.ó
I'm serious.

Ikael
May 16th, 2014, 09:32
WTB SW4 with or without incompatibility issues ò.ó
I'm serious.

Me, phantomwhale and Doswelk have have joined forces and we are working on it. SW4 Ruleset itself is very much complete, but we need to deal with "small things" that usually might become major ones unless taken care now. SmiteWorks has also given greenlight to use for uploading it to TEST channel one day. No schedule/ETA can be given yet but just to let you know that it's being worked on

damned
May 16th, 2014, 13:36
Me, phantomwhale and Doswelk have have joined forces and we are working on it. SW4 Ruleset itself is very much complete, but we need to deal with "small things" that usually might become major ones unless taken care now. SmiteWorks has also given greenlight to use for uploading it to TEST channel one day. No schedule/ETA can be given yet but just to let you know that it's being worked on

Well done guys - except I was hoping PW might hang out a bit longer in the C&C sandpit and spread his coding around :)

Dr0W
May 16th, 2014, 13:54
It's GREAT to hear you guys are joining forces to make SW4 happen!
Is there some sort of feature list already implemented or planned? Is an automatized combat like D&D likely to happen?

Mask_of_winter
May 16th, 2014, 14:06
https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=22630

Dr0W
May 20th, 2014, 12:28
I've just noticed that while using the Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.3 (Build 2), the Derived Stats feature went missing (where you could add bonuses and penalties to it). Have it been removed or is it a problem on my end?

Ikael
May 20th, 2014, 12:33
I've just noticed that while using the Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.3 (Build 2), the Derived Stats feature went missing (where you could add bonuses and penalties to it). Have it been removed or is it a problem on my end?

It should still be there. Have you checked your preferences for "auto-update derived stats"?

Dr0W
May 20th, 2014, 12:57
I was wondering how it got off and when I tried turning on I got a "Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/updated_template_dermodbo..."]:99: attempt to call field 'setReadOnly' (a nil value)".
I'm using FG 3.0.3 right now, I can try to update it to Test.

Ikael
May 20th, 2014, 13:09
I was wondering how it got off and when I tried turning on I got a "Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/updated_template_dermodbo..."]:99: attempt to call field 'setReadOnly' (a nil value)".
I'm using FG 3.0.3 right now, I can try to update it to Test.

I am not next to my computer for a week or so but will check this out when I can. Ext should work in 3.0.3 but like mentioned I am no longer using SW3, so I haven't been testing these extensively. Hope to push SW4 out so I can keep giving better love for these exts

Dr0W
May 20th, 2014, 13:26
I'm shamelessly using the computer at work. At home it wasn't working probably because it was turned off but it might not give me an error when I turn it on.
Do not mind about SW3, keep the good work on SW4, if I can figure this out by myself great if not I can live without it for a while.

Edit: After I changed and it displayed the error it didn't work. But after closing and opening the campaign (with the option set to On) it worked. Thanks for the help.

Hector Trelane
May 27th, 2014, 03:13
Enhanced Character Sheets extension adds improvements to PC and NPC sheets.

Implemented features

PC Sheet :: Improved Derived Stat value calculation: Derived Stats have bonus/modifierlist as with traits. The modifierlist can be opened by either double-clicking, middle-mouse clicking or from selecting menu option on top of the derived stat fields. Any modifier can easily be included to the list and the total value derived stat is calculated from base value and modifiers. In addition each modifier can easily be toggled as enabled or disabled. This feature can be turned off in preferences, by default it's disabled.

Question about this feature, using Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1): Any Trait or Derived Stat only seems to allow one modifier entry. Is this the way it's designed, or is this functionality that got lost in recent updates?

Example:

Toughness: It'd be nice to enter multiple pieces of protective gear that could be toggled on and off to reflect varying circumstances when a PC might have different gear (a leather jacket versus a bullet proof vest) as story-driven circumstances dictate.
Charisma: A PC of mine has the Attractive Edge (+2 Charisma) and a smoking addiction -- the Habit (Minor) Hindrance (-1 Charisma). It'd be nice to list both separately, although I can list both on the same line with the net modifier of +1 as a work-around.

For me, this appears both in the base ruleset and when I load Deadlands Noir version 1.1.0 (Build 1).

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks in advance advice, guidance, and any follow up.

Ikael
May 27th, 2014, 07:40
Right click on top of the modifier list and select Create/Insert New~ The very same way you add new items anywhere else :)

Question about this feature, using Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.5.1 (Build 1): Any Trait or Derived Stat only seems to allow one modifier entry. Is this the way it's designed, or is this functionality that got lost in recent updates?

Example:

Toughness: It'd be nice to enter multiple pieces of protective gear that could be toggled on and off to reflect varying circumstances when a PC might have different gear (a leather jacket versus a bullet proof vest) as story-driven circumstances dictate.
Charisma: A PC of mine has the Attractive Edge (+2 Charisma) and a smoking addiction -- the Habit (Minor) Hindrance (-1 Charisma). It'd be nice to list both separately, although I can list both on the same line with the net modifier of +1 as a work-around.

For me, this appears both in the base ruleset and when I load Deadlands Noir version 1.1.0 (Build 1).

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks in advance advice, guidance, and any follow up.

Hector Trelane
May 28th, 2014, 02:01
Right click on top of the modifier list and select Create/Insert New~ The very same way you add new items anywhere else :)

That worked! Don't know why i couldn't figure that out on my own [redfaced...]

ColinBuckler
August 21st, 2014, 21:30
Using the Enhanced Library Extension (which is brilliant by the way), how can you sort/order the top most entries?

The entries that I refer to are the ones that are shown in the Library window, opposite panel to the list of available library modules.

Ikael
August 21st, 2014, 23:06
Using the Enhanced Library Extension (which is brilliant by the way), how can you sort/order the top most entries?

The entries that I refer to are the ones that are shown in the Library window, opposite panel to the list of available library modules.

Glad you find the extension useful. Unfortunately top level entries sorting is not supported yet via FG interface. If you like to change the order you can do it manually but editing DB.xml file in your campaigns folder. This however is not easy and you must know what you're doing until trying it. I have plans to implement this, but it is far away since I have other projects to tackle at the moment.

ColinBuckler
August 22nd, 2014, 16:02
Hi Ikael,

Its good to know that you have plans for it. I'll have to have a try and see if I can edit the db.xml file in the exported module.

Long term - if the functionality does not get implemented to allow you to drag and drop to change the order, you could just add the "sort by name" option. That way you could sort alphabetically, or edit the titles and add a numbered prefix a bit like chapter reference to sort them in the custom order that you require.

Ikael
September 6th, 2014, 13:24
SW Enhanced Library_v1.3_build3.ext was uploaded. This fixes issue where gear could not be exported successfully. After export gear link was broken.

Issue description and how can you fix it in your existing module? -- Unfortunately this update does not fix your existing modules but you can do it manually.
The issue is that when you create Gear entry in your module it should create source-element there which points where the gears are, but because of the bug source element is not initialized correctly. What you need to do is to setup that source-element in your module to fix it. Below is sample gear declaration (which are within library-element of your campaign database~ db.xml). Note that source-element is defined as <source /> ~ that's the problem

<id-00018> <catname type="string">Mundane Item</catname>
<columns> <heading type="string">Type</heading>
<name type="string">name</name>
<type type="string">tablestringfield</type>
<width type="number">220</width>
</id-00001>
<id-00002> <heading type="string">Weight</heading>
<name type="string">weight</name>
<type type="string">tablenumberfield</type>
<width type="number">60</width>
</id-00002>
<id-00003> <heading type="string">Cost</heading>
<name type="string">cost</name>
<type type="string">tablestringfield</type>
</id-00003>
</columns>
<itemclass type="string">mundaneitem</itemclass>
<class>reference_categorisedlist</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Common Gear</name>
<notes type="formattedtext">
<p></p>
</notes>
<source /> </source>
<width type="number">450</width>
</id-00018>

Now the source-element should be <source type="string">customreference.XXX.gear</source>
where XXX is database node path to customreference databasenode where you have created your gear. For instance in my case it is: customreference.id-00007.gear which I looked up in my db.xml manually, just find <customreference> node and lookup which id-xxxxx node contains your gear descriptions.

If you have troubles fixing, let me know by sending me PM or posting here

Lonewolf
October 4th, 2014, 21:00
SW Enhanced Images-v1.2_build1.ext
breaks map unmasking. I have to disable it otherwise the masking does not work.

Ikael
October 4th, 2014, 21:40
SW Enhanced Images-v1.2_build1.ext
breaks map unmasking. I have to disable it otherwise the masking does not work.

Is the issue related to post dicussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22160-Some-basic-controls&p=188440&viewfull=1#post188440

"As masking only works on the base layer, anything that the GM wants to mask should be put on the base layer - tokens that are used for mapping, etc.. If you want to hide NPC tokens don't put them on the base layer, put them on the top layer and use the individual token "visibility" setting (or the visibility setting for the NPC in the combat tracker) to hide/reveal the token to the players."

If so, that's is the feature of the Enhanced Images. Personally I don't use it anymore since it does not provide benefit in my games. I prepare my maps beforehand so there is no need to build those with layering features.

Ikael
November 17th, 2014, 22:25
SW4 compatible version of extension uploaded and descriptions updated. Note that in SW4 you only need to use Enhanced Desktop and Enhanced Library extensions.

Ikael
December 2nd, 2014, 22:11
Screenshot about new WIP feature: Effect modifiers. With this enhancement you can assign different modifiers to Effects and they are automatically taken account when rolling traits & damages + when doing targeted rolls. For instance for Wild Attack effect you could type [Fighting +2, Damage +2, Parry -2] which means that when combatant with that effect makes Fighting rolls, a +2 is added to modifierstack automatically, in addition if he makes any non-ranged damage rolls +2 is applied to there as well. Yet if anyone targets him and attacks, his Parry is reduced by 2 when doing comparision. At the moment you can use effects to adjust any trait, attribute, parry, toughness, armor and there are also few special cases: Defense keyword modifies defense against melee (parry) and ranged. Cover keyword modifies defense against ranged attacks. Damage keyword applies modifier to any non-ranged damage rolls.

Mask_of_winter
December 3rd, 2014, 00:14
This is ground breaking for Savage Worlds on Fantasy Grounds!
Good job Aki.

Dershem
December 3rd, 2014, 00:34
This is bloody awesome!

Screenshot about new WIP feature: Effect modifiers. With this enhancement you can assign different modifiers to Effects and they are automatically taken account when rolling traits & damages + when doing targeted rolls. For instance for Wild Attack effect you could type [Fighting +2, Damage +2, Parry -2] which means that when combatant with that effect makes Fighting rolls, a +2 is added to modifierstack automatically, in addition if he makes any non-ranged damage rolls +2 is applied to there as well. Yet if anyone targets him and attacks, his Parry is reduced by 2 when doing comparision. At the moment you can use effects to adjust any trait, attribute, parry, toughness, armor and there are also few special cases: Defense keyword modifies defense against melee (parry) and ranged. Cover keyword modifies defense against ranged attacks. Damage keyword applies modifier to any non-ranged damage rolls.

Ikael
December 3rd, 2014, 19:50
Here is summary of current possibilities what you can with effect modifiers:

You can

Apply modifier to any Trait by setting up that trait's name into effect with modifier ie. [Stealth +2] applies +2 to your Stealth trait rolls.
Alter Parry and Toughness derived stats in targeted roll ie. [Parry -2] would reduce target's parry by 2 when melee attack roll is made against him/her.
Alter Armor value (and grant boost to Toughness as well) with Armor keyword ie. [Armor +4] would increase combatant's toughness and armor value by 4.
Keyword Defense can be used to alter target number against any targeted attack roll ie. [Defense +2] would make it more harder to hit you no matter what weapon type is used (ranged or melee).
Keyword Cover can be used to alter target number to hit you with ranged attack ie. [Cover +2] forces opponents to roll 6 or more to hit you with ranged weapons (2 plus normal target number 4).
Keyword Attack modifies all of your weapon rolls ie. [Attack +2] grants +2 bonus to any of your attack rolls. Note that if you want to specify modifier to specific attack type you could use that trait's name instead ie. [Fighting +2] would apply bonus to only fighting rolls.
Keyword Trait can be used to alter any and all trait rolls ie. [Trait -2] would apply -2 penalty to all of your trait rolls.
If any attribute's name is used as keyword then in addition of applying modifier to that attribute rolls it will also affect any skill trait roll that is linked to that attribute ie. [Agility -2] would cause -2 penalty to agility, fighting, stealth, swimming etc rolls and [Smarts -2] would cause penalties to smarts traits rolls and all skills linked to what attributes.
Keyword Damage will modify any melee damage roll ie. [Damage +2] grant +2 bonus to any and all melee damage rolls.
You can combine different keywords freely within one effect as you will. Keywords must be within []'s or ()'s in effect's label. Keyword are case and whitespace insensitive. For example valid effect with several modifiers and multiple formatting styles: God-like hangover [Trait -2, parry-4 DAMAGE +3]
There is preference option to alter this feature: "Auto-apply effect modifiers" with following options: Off, On, NPC only, PC only.

Other nice to know:

Combat tracker is the source where effects can be detected and this feature only works if CT window is open.
This feature also allows developers to easily add custom trait & damage roll modifiers programmatically.

Known issues:

Damage keyword won't work for NPCs since NPC weapons don't provide information if it's ranged or melee.
Attribute keyword won't apply modifier to linked skill for NPCs since their skill are not linked to any attribute.
If there are more than one instance of the same NPC entry in CT it's adviced to make rolls from CT entry instead from NPC sheet, although it works. The catch is that when you make roll from NPC sheet CT is crawled through and effects are read from active combatant if it's the same NPC. There is no issue if there is unique NPC entry in CT. PCs never have this issue.

So what do you think am I missing something related to effect modifiers?

Ikael
December 4th, 2014, 19:44
Enhanced Effects extension is for Savage Worlds v4.0+ ruleset and it allows effect to modify rolls and derived stats, see above post.
EDIT: attachments moved into the first page of the thread

drawdan
December 7th, 2014, 15:11
I selected the test button in the settings window, but loading a campaign didn't give me the option for 4E.

Ikael
December 7th, 2014, 18:51
I selected the test button in the settings window, but loading a campaign didn't give me the option for 4E.

Did you update your FG after selecting Test-mode? You also need to own Savage Worlds ruleset to be able to playtest SW4 one

Ikael
December 7th, 2014, 22:05
Enhanced Effects extension is for Savage Worlds v4.0+ ruleset and it allows effect to modify rolls and derived stats, see above post.

Minor update to Enhanced Effects: v0.5 build 3

Chasetracker shows single effect column instead of old two.
New feature: Auto-center map to active token. New preference option is provided for host in Combat section to center combat map to currently active combatant's token. Host will auto-center to any and all tokens, players will only center map to tokens they control

Nicohdemus
December 9th, 2014, 03:34
I've been wishing to try out the 4.0 ruleset but it does not seem to be there when I update to the Test or Dev Modes. The main program jumps to version 3.0.10 but I still only see SavageWorlds3 in my ruleset list. Am I doing something wrong? I guess I'm having the same issue that Drawdan is having.

Ikael
December 9th, 2014, 08:13
I've been wishing to try out the 4.0 ruleset but it does not seem to be there when I update to the Test or Dev Modes. The main program jumps to version 3.0.10 but I still only see SavageWorlds3 in my ruleset list. Am I doing something wrong? I guess I'm having the same issue that Drawdan is having.

When you have updated your Fantasy Grounds to use TEST ja DEV-mode there should be two rulesets: SavageWorlds3 and SavageWorlds. The second one is SW4 ruleset but if you launch your SavageWorlds3 ruleset there will be popup asking you if you want to updrage to new ruleset version and it converts your SW3 campaign into SW4. If you have issues getting these rulesets then I would recommend going to your FG Settings and making sure you see SavageWorlds in the product list. I don't recall what was it's code, but you can update your produce list by inputting your user account information there.

Ikael
December 14th, 2014, 16:14
Minor update to Enhanced Effects extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=193116&viewfull=1#post193116)

Combat condition (defend, prone, unarmed, wild attack) icons were not displayed correctly if effects had modifiers

Nicohdemus
December 15th, 2014, 17:43
When you have updated your Fantasy Grounds to use TEST ja DEV-mode there should be two rulesets: SavageWorlds3 and SavageWorlds. The second one is SW4 ruleset but if you launch your SavageWorlds3 ruleset there will be popup asking you if you want to updrage to new ruleset version and it converts your SW3 campaign into SW4. If you have issues getting these rulesets then I would recommend going to your FG Settings and making sure you see SavageWorlds in the product list. I don't recall what was it's code, but you can update your produce list by inputting your user account information there.

The problem was Savage Worlds was not linked to my FG account for some reason. Tech support corrected it and all is well. Love the updates so far.

Nicohdemus
December 15th, 2014, 19:50

So to be clear...

the "SW Enhanced Effects_v0.5_build4.ext" goes in the "extensions" folder and I unzip the "sw-effects-and-modifiers.zip" file and put the "sw-effects-and-modifiers.mod" file from it into the "modules" directory? Or do I just put the .zip file somewhere?

Ikael
December 15th, 2014, 20:00
So to be clear...

the "SW Enhanced Effects_v0.5_build4.ext" goes in the "extensions" folder and I unzip the "sw-effects-and-modifiers.zip" file and put the "sw-effects-and-modifiers.mod" file from it into the "modules" directory? Or do I just put the .zip file somewhere?

That's correct. I had to put module into zip because .mod file is not accepted to attached here in forums for some reason.

Nicohdemus
December 15th, 2014, 20:30
That's correct. I had to put module into zip because .mod file is not accepted to attached here in forums for some reason.

OK, that's what I did. And I see a module for it in the Library when I open it. But when I open the window for it I see a lot of link icons with no text next to them and clicking on any causes an error message. Am I not supposed to look at/click on any of them? just have the module loaded?

Ikael
December 15th, 2014, 20:40
OK, that's what I did. And I see a module for it in the Library when I open it. But when I open the window for it I see a lot of link icons with no text next to them and clicking on any causes an error message. Am I not supposed to look at/click on any of them? just have the module loaded?

Effects and modifiers are not yet available within library, but when the module is opened you can find their content from effect and modifier lists. You can access them from upper right corner shortcut buttons.

Nicohdemus
December 15th, 2014, 20:42
Cool, thanks. Everything looks great in SW4. Just the one problem with my Fate Chips in Deadlands not working.

AstaSyneri
December 17th, 2014, 15:41
Sorry guys, after trying to sort through the first page of this thread I am confused what is included now, and what isn't (I finally got a group together to play some home-brewn post-Hellfrost).

My FG version apparently is v.3.0.9. Ultimate and I started my campaign using Savage Worlds Calendar v1.1, SW Enhanced Character Sheets, SW Enhanced Desktop and Savage Worlds Enhanced Library v1.1.

I believe some of it may now be redundant?

Nicohdemus
December 18th, 2014, 16:02
The Enhanced Effects mod seems to be working now after the latest push to Test last night. Thanks!

Ikael
December 18th, 2014, 18:03
Sorry guys, after trying to sort through the first page of this thread I am confused what is included now, and what isn't (I finally got a group together to play some home-brewn post-Hellfrost).

My FG version apparently is v.3.0.9. Ultimate and I started my campaign using Savage Worlds Calendar v1.1, SW Enhanced Character Sheets, SW Enhanced Desktop and Savage Worlds Enhanced Library v1.1.

I believe some of it may now be redundant?

If you're using SavageWorlds3 ruleset ie. the one that is in LIVE mode of Fantasy Grounds then you should be using SW3 compatible extensions. All of them are still usable. In SW4 ruleset, ie. SavageWorlds without any number appended to it has made most of the extensions redundant. In SW4 you can only use Enhanced Desktop, Library and new Enhanced Effects extension.

Ikael
December 18th, 2014, 18:05
The Enhanced Effects mod seems to be working now after the latest push to Test last night. Thanks!

Yup, Enhanced Effects had dependency to latest SW4 ruleset build which is now provided by the FG Updater. All previously mentioned issues about dice rolling (related to error with 'targeting') should be gone now.

AstaSyneri
December 19th, 2014, 11:47
If you're using SavageWorlds3 ruleset ie. the one that is in LIVE mode of Fantasy Grounds then you should be using SW3 compatible extensions. All of them are still usable. In SW4 ruleset, ie. SavageWorlds without any number appended to it has made most of the extensions redundant. In SW4 you can only use Enhanced Desktop, Library and new Enhanced Effects extension.

I used the update function for FG, nothing fancy ;-). From what i saw that means SW3, right?

Your extensions are at version 1.3 at least - does that mean I should update them now... manually?

Ikael
December 19th, 2014, 12:00
I used the update function for FG, nothing fancy ;-). From what i saw that means SW3, right?

Your extensions are at version 1.3 at least - does that mean I should update them now... manually?

I have not updated SW3 compatible enhanced extensions since last summer so you should be good to go whatever you have. However if you have been reading all these fancy new features going on, then those are not available for SW3 ruleset, instead they are only for v4 of the ruleset. SavageWorlds v4 ruleset is currently in public beta-testing phase and will replace SW3 ruleset when we are done with beta phase. If you want to try using SW4 ruleset then you have to switch your FG into TEST mode and run updater, after the update you will bee two rulesets: SavageWorlds3 and SavageWorlds. The one without number is the v4 one. You can also convert your existing SW3 campaign into SW4 by just launching it in TEST mode and you will be asked if you would like to do conversion.

PS: SavageWorlds v4 ruleset is very stable and I know several people, including myself, who have been using it instead of SW3 one. I have been using SW4 ruleset since last summer