PDA

View Full Version : New forum debug and feedback

Blacky
July 21st, 2013, 17:51
Couldn't find an appropriate forum for this

1. Small posts tool unreadble: dark grey on dark reddish brown, not readable for me at least :
https://temp.dorem.info/screenshots/bscr-qV6J.png

2. Post writing, Insert Image, From Url, check Retrieve remote file and reference locally won't work (tested with the above image).

Note: I understand some things are far more urgent with the new server, I'm not bitching, just writing this before I forget.

Invictys
July 21st, 2013, 18:27
Agreed the boxes just look like a black box I have to strain to read the text.

Additionally, doing a search for posts by a specific user don't return any results before the swap. Not sure if that's inevitable but it is annoying.

I didn't test it but does that mean keyword searches or other types of forum searches won't return posts before the swap? That would be terrible if so!

Edit: just tested it and yep, searches are basically screwed now. Any kind of search only returns posts created after the swap. That's a real shame especially since the official documentation for this program is far less than ideal and most new users end up scouring the forums for answers to their questions.

Also, with the lack of a good sticky system for particularly relevant topics, forum searches are absolutely essential.

Hopefully the search functionality can be restored, the is a wealth of knowledge in these forums which is currently buried and most people won't take the time to manually dig through.

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2013, 19:18
Thanks guys. I made a few adjustments today, and kicked off a search index rebuild. We'll keep plugging away.

JPG

Invictys
July 21st, 2013, 23:07
Thanks moon, keep up the good work!

Doswelk
July 21st, 2013, 23:17
Seems right now carriage returns are not working, my last post came out on one line?testing this should be on a new line

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2013, 21:22
Test Line 1
Test Line 2
Test Line 3

It seems to work for me using the Quick Reply window at the bottom of the thread or the inline Edit Post option. What browser are you using?

Regards,
JPG