PDA

View Full Version : Changes in Tabletop

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 20th, 2013, 15:52
I would be violating or infringing any rule to want to remove the dices, the table of Fantasy Grounds and leave only 3d6 (GURPS Table).
If not could someone tell me where are the dice, and how can I change?

saithan
July 20th, 2013, 18:46
That is defined in the ruleset. I can implement that in a upcoming patch possible 1.11b

seycyrus
July 21st, 2013, 03:02
I'm not sure I understand the problem here. Isn't it ridiculously easy to grab a d6 and then just hit the right mouse button twice? Either that or you can assign a quickslot to 3d6.

I guess that I kind of like having the other dice around.

saithan
July 21st, 2013, 03:23
it really is not a problem as it is cosmetics...
for some it bothers them to see the other dice on the table. personally they do not bother me though they are not really needed for gurps. Any implementation would leave 1d6 leaving the option you mention seycyrus since there is no way to pick up 3 dice from the table other wise.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
July 22nd, 2013, 19:40
Yes only 1d6 would be perfect
and yes the change is cosmetics, for a perfeccionist player e GM :)

Ruien
July 27th, 2013, 16:28
Personally I semi-frequently use the other dice, not only d6. Sometimes I want something to do 1d8 of piercing damage or have PCs roll 1d10 to see if their gold made it over the ocean safely. And at the very least I use the %-dice frequently, as well. So, I would prefer that if this were added, it would be made optional. Obviously most rolls are d6 but i'd prefer not to lose the flexibility of other dice.

saithan
July 27th, 2013, 18:01
optional is not currently possible till 3.0 (assuming) though all the dice are still accessible by / command. however with 3.0 alpha in testing other things may be more important and may be hold till release. (wait and see how testing goes many promising things in 3.0)

seycyrus
July 28th, 2013, 15:24
If "optional" is not available I'd much rather have all the dice on the table, than ONLY the d6!

Spyke
August 5th, 2013, 18:04
What I always used to do was move the dice other than the d6 over to some other part of the desktop out the way, and then set the default dice positions. That way it's just the d6 available under the chat window.

Spyke