PDA

View Full Version : Crit roll modifier thing...

Visvalor
July 18th, 2013, 23:46
I once had a ruleset that rerolled crits and added the second roll to the first. I don't remember anything but that, was it a script? Is that an option I can turn on in the 3.5 set? Any help here?

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2013, 01:14
I haven't seen that before specifically. The 4E ruleset does something similar for vorpal, but it doesn't actually roll the dice just computes a random number. The Savage Worlds ruleset has "exploding dice" and the Rolemaster ruleset has "open-ended" rolls, which are probably similar to what you are looking for.

Regards,
JPG

Visvalor
July 19th, 2013, 01:24
I remember I used to roll a die and if it was 20 it'd roll another d20 and if that was 20 it'd roll another 20 so on so forth. So it's in the Savage Worlds ruleset you say? Do you know what file?

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2013, 01:57
Sorry, I don't. I did not work on either the SW or RMC rulesets. You can try asking in their game system specific forum though to see if they can point you in right direction.

Cheers,
JPG

Dakadin
July 28th, 2013, 08:09
If you have access to the Rolemaster Classic ruleset the opened rolls happen in the desktop\scripts\chat_chat.lua onDiceLanded function when it makes the Dice.handleChatwindowD100 call. Dice is a reference for scripts\manager_dice.lua script file. The Dice script file handles the rerolling of the dice if they are <= 5 or >= 96 depending on the type of open ended roll.