PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm curious

Nickademus
July 18th, 2013, 00:08
After looking around at the forums, calendar, tutorials, and such, I'm wondering how many people here actually play or have an interest in non-Society Pathfinder.

I see the Society game going and that's cool. I went to the calendar and saw a handful of non-Society games as well which seemed nice. But upon closer inspection, most of those game haven't had GM activity in months or even a year. So I would count them dead in the water.

Now I assume not everyone uses the calendar on this site, perhaps just sticking to threads in the Guild House. And since the 3.5e and Pathfinder sections are mushed together it's hard to tell how much activity on the boards is just for Pathfinder.

I'm also curious how many 3.5e people would like to learn Pathfinder (not that there is much difference).

lachancery
July 18th, 2013, 05:05
I'm currently running an Adventure Path (Kingmaker) and playing in another (Rise of the Runelord). so yes, non-Society Pathfinder is active; since these a long, committed games, they usually get announced once at the beginning, either in this forum or in the Guild House, and then disappear, unless they need to recruit a new player. Only one campaign really used the calendar, and that was because the scheduling was intermittent.

I'd say keep reading the Guild House forum and this one, and hang on, a suitable game will show up.

Blackfoot
July 18th, 2013, 15:55
I've found ongoing games in the Guild House as well. There are a lot more Society games posted because they are one shots so each game is a new gathering and needs a new post. Most of the time ongoing games won't get posted except at the start or if they are looking to add a new player... most of the ones I play in use other (less public) forums for ongoing game discussions.

Nickademus
July 18th, 2013, 21:13
That's about what I expected. Just making sure the Pathfinder play wasn't a graveyard before offering to GM it.