PDA

View Full Version : Intro 3: First Steps—Part III: A Vision of Betrayal, Sat July 20th

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2013, 01:10
Saturday July 20th 8pm PDT (GMT-7)
Duration: 5 hours
Fantasy Grounds License: Full (you need at least a lite license to play)
Server Alias: warm dice good luck
Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: fgts.servegame.com
Tier (level): 1st level only

Dispatched on an envoy mission overland from Absalom to port city Escadar, you must weather the harsh wilderness of the Isle of Kortos before you can hope to meet with the representative of the elusive gillmen, and only then come face to face with the greatest threat to the Pathfinder Society.

To join sign up on the calendar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1042

AND post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet here

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2013, 01:14
As a special note, this is my first time running on Fantasy Grounds. I'm planning on having everything set by game day, but if anyone has any tips for me to aid in preparation, or otherwise could remind me of something I'm likely to overlook my first time out feel free to PM.

Adventure awaits!

Trenloe
July 16th, 2013, 01:27
As a special note, this is my first time running on Fantasy Grounds. I'm planning on having everything set by game day, but if anyone has any tips for me to aid in preparation, or otherwise could remind me of something I'm likely to overlook my first time out feel free to PM.
The minimum things to prepare in FG are:

Maps. It's also nice to have any portrait or flavour images from the scenario to show to the players.
Handouts.
Not relevant for this scenario, but usually Faction Missions - some people do a screenshot from the scenario, I just copy/paste the text into a story entry and share this with the specific PC.
Encounters - set up the specific encounters (with tokens) so that you can add the NPCs to the combat tracker and tokens to the map quickly. Also set your campaing to auto-roll initiative for the NPCs and you'll all be ready to go!

That's really the minimum you'll need to play. Then you'll read all the box text, etc. from your PDF of the scenario.

If you have time, other things to add are:

Boxed text as story entries - then you can share these with the players after you've finished reading them, or drag them to the chat window. Handy for the players to refer back to later...
Traps - if there are any traps, set them up as NPC -> Trap and put them in an encounter. Then you can add them to the CT if they are triggered, target the PC/s and activate the trap attack/spell.
Make story entries that have shortcuts to all items linked to a specific location - maps, images, handouts, encounters, etc.. Then put this story entry on the map as a push-pin shortcut. Very handy when there are a number of detailed locations on one map.

Bloodlust
July 16th, 2013, 01:41
Jasper Pinkerton, 53968-7, Shadow Lodge :)

Will attach xml later.

Moderator: Moved from general announcement thread.

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2013, 01:42
As another special note:

Due to their participation in First Steps parts I & II and expressed interest in part III, the following players have priority in joining:

Dakadin
BridgetWilkerson
codden
Malkavian_Andi

I'm told there used to be a method of directly inviting players, but I can't seem to find it.

cyberklad
July 16th, 2013, 01:56
I have been running the first two sessions with the other four. The xml's are stored on another computer now. So I will post them tomorrow. But I would like to join.

If the time between you getting home and starting the session It would not be a problem for me if you needed to push it another houer up too 9pm pdt.

belowyn
July 16th, 2013, 01:57
Me and cyberclad have also done the two first steps with lachancery as DM, with the 4 others. We would also like to join, if we can.
Chronicle-sheet from last run isnt done yet, but will be uploaded when we get it from lachancery.

lachancery
July 16th, 2013, 03:09
I will produce the chronicle sheets momentarily. I can also upload the character XMLs from last Saturday's game if you'd like.

belowyn
July 16th, 2013, 03:20
I will produce the chronicle sheets momentarily. I can also upload the character XMLs from last Saturday's game if you'd like.
Thanks! :)

I have my XML, but maybe someone else wants theirs. I made a minor change in my sheet (Changed the Human Bonus Feat), as its still lvl 1.
One question, to those of you with experiance. You can retrain a character as long as it is lvl 1. After the 3rd session, before the 4th, can you still retrain, "before" you hit 2nd lvl, or will that be a problem?

Trenloe
July 16th, 2013, 03:33
One question, to those of you with experiance. You can retrain a character as long as it is lvl 1. After the 3rd session, before the 4th, can you still retrain, "before" you hit 2nd lvl, or will that be a problem?
From page 10 of the PFS guide:

Changes may only be made between adventures and before playing as a character above 1st level.
So, you're OK making changes when you have 3xp, but as soon as you start a session after that you are locked in.

lachancery
July 16th, 2013, 04:19
The chronicle sheets (still pending approval from their respective players) are available on my dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/rs3zPVxNA4/PFSFS2) for Dakadin, Codden, BridgetWilkerson and Malkavian_andi. I'm still working with Cyberklad and Belowyn for their chronicle sheets.

I can also upload the character XML on the dropbox if that will be useful for you, Dust Raven.

Malkavian_Andi
July 16th, 2013, 05:17
Pietro's chronicle sheet gets my approval. And here's his xml:

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2013, 06:42
It looks like I'll no have problem filling the table, but unfortunately some will have to sit out and wait for another game (though I don't mind running this again in the near future to accommodate).

I'm still waiting for Dakadin, BridgetWilkerson, codden, but there's still time.

cyberklad
July 16th, 2013, 11:41
Adding the character xml's. The chronicle sheet will have to wait untill it gets done.

belowyn
July 16th, 2013, 16:22
Here is my Char-sheet. Chronicle comes when its done :)

cyberklad
July 16th, 2013, 21:02
The chronicle sheet seems to be in the dropbox now. Do you want me to post a version as an upload ?

Dakadin
July 16th, 2013, 21:26
Thanks Dust Raven. I will be there if you still have room. I am making a few adjustments to my character that Lachancery has offered to help me with so I will post my character information a bit later.

BridgetWilkerson
July 16th, 2013, 22:11
Thank you Dust Raven. If you have room my ranger would like to be there. I'll post her to you later tonight :)

belowyn
July 16th, 2013, 22:15
Here is my Chronicle Sheet from session 2 :)

cyberklad
July 16th, 2013, 22:30
My chronicle sheet too.

Rose Claymore
July 16th, 2013, 23:22
Thanks Dust Raven. I will be there if you still have room. I am making a few adjustments to my character that Lachancery has offered to help me with so I will post my character information a bit later.
There's a spot reserved for ya.

Make sure you sign up on the calendar though to confirm your spot.

Raised
July 16th, 2013, 23:47
I signed up on Calendar but sounds like you're full based on the thread? Let me know if I should post my sheet :)

Rose Claymore
July 17th, 2013, 00:04
I signed up on Calendar but sounds like you're full based on the thread? Let me know if I should post my sheet :)

Unfortunately there six players of the previous First Steps who have right of first refusal. One has not yet responded, and provided he doesn't or otherwise opts out, Bloodlust got his foot in the door first. Stick around though in case things change. In any case, I'd be happy to run this again (perhaps next week).

Raised
July 17th, 2013, 00:11
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll keep an eye on the thread or throw me a PM!

BridgetWilkerson
July 17th, 2013, 20:49
I think this is the item i'm suppose to put here. But if not... sorry :)

Bloodlust
July 18th, 2013, 15:03
So am I still good for this game because I'm still showing as "pending"?

Rose Claymore
July 18th, 2013, 20:12
So am I still good for this game because I'm still showing as "pending"?

Unfortunately the 6 players from lachancery's previous game (parts 1 and 2) had reserved spots, and all six have signed on, so we're full. I'm good running this again in the near future (perhaps the following Friday or Sunday) so those who didn't make it in can still make it (might run all parts though I don't know I'll have time before Aug 14th).

Rose Claymore
July 18th, 2013, 20:23
I still need the xml files for the characters of Dakadin, BridgetWilkerson & Codden. No huge rush if you are still making modifications, but I'll need them by Saturday.

lachancery
July 18th, 2013, 22:41
I still need the xml files for the characters of Dakadin, BridgetWilkerson & Codden. No huge rush if you are still making modifications, but I'll need them by Saturday.

Dakadin is updating his character; if he hasn't uploaded it by tomorrow evening, I will upload his XML from the game last week.

Here are the XMLs for Haven and Codden. I don't believe they wanted to change anything.

lachancery
July 18th, 2013, 22:43
Oh, and all the chronicle sheets for First Steps Part 2 are on my dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/rs3zPVxNA4/PFSFS2).

lachancery
July 20th, 2013, 04:32
Storms over here have knocked out power. I will upload Dakadin's updated files tomorrow morning.

lachancery
July 20th, 2013, 22:06
Power is still out over here. I have suggested Dakadin submits his purchases for his next chronicle sheet (this game's). I don't expect power bsck tonight.

Dakadin
July 20th, 2013, 23:14
Thanks for your help Lachancery.

Sorry for the delay Dust Raven

Here are my purchases:

Sell
Warhammer (-12 gp)
Scale Mail (-50 gp)
Heavy Steel Shield (-20 gp)

Buy
Masterwork Warhammer (312 gp)
Masterwork Breastplate (350 gp)
Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (170 gp)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 pp)

Starting Money: 858 gp
Remaining Money: 858 + 12 + 50 + 20 – 312 – 350 – 170 = 108 gp

Starting PP: 4 pp
Remaining PP: 4 - 2 = 2 pp

I've attached my XML and latest chronicle sheet.

Rose Claymore
July 21st, 2013, 02:42
Looks like I have an xml and previous chronicle for everybody. I'm all set to go in a little more than an hour and look forward to meeting everybody.

Provided I don't have to actually do anything to make the server available/live other than loading it myself, I'll have the game up early in case anyone wants to pop in, though I'm likely to be AFKish until we get close to start time.

belowyn
July 21st, 2013, 20:52
Hey. For an update on Chronicle sheet, can you add for the lvl 1 retraining:

Sell:
Chain Shirt 100gp

Buy:
Mithral Shirt (1100gp)

Malkavian_Andi
July 21st, 2013, 22:46
You should already have this information from my last chronicle sheet, but here's a little summary:

Player Name: Andreas Forster
Character Name: Pietro
PFS-#: 42939-16
Faction: Sczarni
Last Chronicle Sheet #: 2
Starting XP: 2
Starting Prestige: 0
Starting Fame: 4
Starting Gold: 430

Items bought:
Wand of Cure light wounds (2 PP)

Rose Claymore
July 22nd, 2013, 05:57
Excellent. I'll make a note of these on the chronicle sheets.

Tomorrow. I just got home and think I'll collapse for the evening.

belowyn
July 22nd, 2013, 13:42
Ohh, and, can you change my faction to Lantern Lodge? My Magus is Shadow Lodge, and I cant run the end-games on more then one toon, so might as well spread them out.
Good thing it was still lvl 1 :P

Rose Claymore
July 22nd, 2013, 23:52
Chronicle sheets are ready for review:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tuyxektwizm31i/XXKnN3lAoK

Please check everything over and let me know if anything need be changed before I sign.

Malkavian_Andi
July 23rd, 2013, 00:18
You forgot to add my purchase:

Items bought:
Wand of Cure light wounds (2 PP)

Also, you listed 5 gp for my day job. Did I really roll that low? I don't remember exactly.

Rose Claymore
July 23rd, 2013, 00:34
You forgot to add my purchase:

Also, you listed 5 gp for my day job. Did I really roll that low? I don't remember exactly.

I updated the purchase. for some reason I thought that was a purchase made to your previous chronicle sheet.

My notes say you rolled a 14 for the day job. :(

Malkavian_Andi
July 23rd, 2013, 04:33
Well, bad rolls do happen. I just had forgotten I rolled that low :P

So now the chronicle for Pietro is ok and ready to be signed.

Dakadin
July 24th, 2013, 00:43
I am new to PFS. Do first level equipment sales get halved? I thought someone mentioned that they didn't but it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong. :o

Other than that mine chronicle looks great. Thanks again for running the game. :)

Malkavian_Andi
July 24th, 2013, 01:11
I am new to PFS. Do first level equipment sales get halved? I thought someone mentioned that they didn't but it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong.No, you're correct. You get full price for sales while you're still 1st level. This works because of the first level retraining rules (as long as a character hasn't been played as 2nd level, you may completely rebuild him/her). Essentially, you are not selling the items, but you're rebuilding your character into a character with exactly the same stats who just has never bought the equipment you're "selling". (of course, it's listed as sales. Otherwise it would quickly become too confusing.)

Rose Claymore
July 24th, 2013, 01:46
I am new to PFS. Do first level equipment sales get halved? I thought someone mentioned that they didn't but it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong. :o

Other than that mine chronicle looks great. Thanks again for running the game. :)

Due to the limitations of the sheet I'm using (which auto calculates everything, and lacks an option for 1st level retraining), I just entered in a price which calculated to the correct value. Or I goofed when doubling the cost, but looking it over I think I got it right. Warhammer + Scale Mail + Heavy Steel Shield should = 82 gp at full price.

Rose Claymore
July 24th, 2013, 01:48
I'm going to give everyone else until tomorrow morning (or around 12 hours from now) to respond for potential corrections, and barring any I'll post the signed chronicles.

Dakadin
July 24th, 2013, 04:26
Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the clarification and I wasn't too worried about it either way with the money. :P

Rose Claymore
July 25th, 2013, 15:23
Sorry about my tardiness, but here are the signed chronicle sheets:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/61neqvx354n9p5x/zqF5WzGzF9