PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Deck woes

sakmerlin37
July 14th, 2013, 06:58
So I was working on the <AdventureDeckConfig> to add some Suzerain Adventure Deck cards and got it working, or so I thought.

When I completely closed down FGII, and created a new campaign using either just the regular Adventure Deck or my newly created AdventureDeckConfig, I received the following error when trying to shuffle:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_adventuredeck.lua"]:69: attempt to index a nil value

I removed everything I worked on to get it to the basic Adventure Deck and still received the same error every time I shuffled the deck. I can draw cards and reset them, but cannot shuffle them.

I opened up an existing campaign (one that I had created 2 weeks prior) and it worked fine. However, on anything I create new, I receive that error.

I completely uninstalled the Adventure Deck and re-installed it and updated it. The old campaigns still work and the new ones receive the error.

I did not do anything with the Adventure Deck (as far as touching the code). I removed all folders/mods/ext files for the AdventureDeckConfig. Not sure what's going on here and any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ever since I re-installed the Adventure Deck, it fails on everything now, previously created and newly created campaigns.

EDIT2: The Adventure Deck still works on my SW Deadlands: Reloaded Murder on the Hellstromme Express campaign, but not on anything else; that is my active campaign, if that makes a difference. The others have not been played yet.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2013, 07:30
Since the SW ruleset is maintained by a third party developer, it might make sense to post in that sub-forum as well. I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of the SW ruleset and the Adventure Deck, so I'd be pointing you to PhantomWhale and others. They probably monitor the SW board more often.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 14th, 2013, 16:28
Sounds like you may still have something left over from your customisation.

I know you've mentioned that you've removed everything before re-installing the adventure deck, but make sure that there are no folders/directories in the <FG App Data Directory>\extensions folder, nor an old adventure deck extension in that folder before you re-install the adventure deck.

Re-install without FG running.

Then, just to be sure, in the FG setting window, make sure you have entered your FG website user ID and password and run and update - this should update most purchases to the latest version. Just in case the installer you are using is an older version.

phantomwhale
July 14th, 2013, 22:48
Congratulations - it's a bug !!!

Fortunately, one that's very easy to workaround - just open up the PC selection window (once), then you'll never see it again in that campaign. Suspect this hasn't been seen before because as soon as any player connects, that screen gets displayed, creating the missing "charsheet" node (which is assumed to exist).

I've pushed a fix up for the impending 3.4 release track, hopefully Doug can still grab this update. Otherwise, the workaround is hopefully quite minor for now !

sakmerlin37
July 15th, 2013, 05:31
Ben,

Thanks for the update :). I spent the afternoon re-installing Linux, all my programs & Fantasy Grounds, all to hit that bug again! Then, I come to the forums & see this; you just made my night! I thought it was something I had done... *whew*.