PDA

View Full Version : #4-23: Rivalry's End - July 27th 9:00pm EDT (GMT-4)

lachancery
July 13th, 2013, 14:00
Saturday July 27th 9pm EDT (GMT-4) (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PFS+4-23%3A+Rivalry%27s+End&iso=20130727T21&p1=165&ah=5) (click link to check your local time)
Duration: 4-5 hours
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Server Alias: firm roll xeno gate
Chat type: Voice - Community Teamspeak3 server: fgts.servegame.com
Tiers (level): 3-7 (subtier played based on party)

The Pathfinder Society's conflict with the Aspis Consortium in the frontier region of Varisia has come to a head, and the time to secure dominance of the ancient land is now. But despite mounting victories on the Society's part, the Aspis Consortium still has a few tricks up its sleeves, including several powerful agents from the Pathfinders' past who could prove too challenging an obstacle to surmount. Can the PCs end the ongoing struggle for control of the flow of ancient Thassilonian artifacts out of Varisia's ports, or will the Aspis Consortium succeed in keeping the Pathfinder Society ever in its shadow as it profits on the exploitation of the millennia?

To join sign up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1040
AND post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and post a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet here. Your place is only confirmed once I get this information; seats assigned in order of confirmation.

Do not hesitate to post in this forum thread if you have questions. Looking forward to gaming with you!

Useful links if you are new to Pathfinder Society Organized Play using Fantasy Grounds:

Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thead (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961)
Pathfinder FG library modules: Feats (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3513&d=1356479783), Traits (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3514&d=1356479797) and Equipment (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3512&d=1356479773).

kinevon
July 13th, 2013, 14:15
You forgot to put the name of the scenario in your announcement in the general thread...

I would be interested, have several PCs in the right level range. 3, 4, or 7.

lachancery
July 13th, 2013, 17:38
You forgot to put the name of the scenario in your announcement in the general thread...

I would be interested, have several PCs in the right level range. 3, 4, or 7.
DOH! Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't fix it without creating another announcement. I'll do so next week if the game doesn't fill up.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2013, 17:49
DOH! Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't fix it without creating another announcement. I'll do so next week if the game doesn't fill up.
I've done it for you.

You should be able to change/add the title - Edit the post, click the "Go Advanced" button and you can add/edit the title in the advanced screen.

lachancery
July 13th, 2013, 21:43
I've done it for you.

You should be able to change/add the title - Edit the post, click the "Go Advanced" button and you can add/edit the title in the advanced screen.
Huh, look at that! I had never tried advanced editing of my own post. Thanks!

Peanut
July 14th, 2013, 00:29
I would like to play with my Witch Zo. She's Level 4 and a member of the Shadow Lodge!

PFS#55576-1

I will upload my character files in a little bit.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2013, 00:49
PFS#39241-3
Gonna take me a little to get the files together.. but I'll have them up ASAP.
EDIT: Files updated.

Malkavian_Andi
July 15th, 2013, 15:29
I'll throw in my Shadow Lodge character as well.
PFS-#: 429393-5

Nitirum
July 18th, 2013, 16:45
This is a brand new character. This would be my first Society game. I have used Fantasy Grounds & played Pathfinder before

Malkavian_Andi
July 18th, 2013, 17:20
This is a brand new character.In that case, you'd have to play a pregenerated character. "Rivalry's End" is a tier 3-7 scenario, so characters have to be at least level 3 to play it.

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2013, 00:21
This is a brand new character. This would be my first Society game. I have used Fantasy Grounds & played Pathfinder before
You might be better off looking at one of the First Steps games for your first go... they are Level 1 only... I believe there is one running this Saturday night. You are certainly welcome to play with a pregen...

Blackfoot
July 20th, 2013, 20:32
Files Added. (to original signup posts)

lachancery
July 22nd, 2013, 20:41
This is a *PING* to try to get the attention of the 5 people who have signed up on the Game Calendar entry. I have sent them PMs to get their XML and chronicle sheets, but I have yet to receive a reply. I will post a reminder tomorrow on the Game Announcement thread if the last two slots remain available.

Nickademus
July 24th, 2013, 03:42
Two questions regarding FG PFS:
1. Do you accept characters with paper chronicles or must they have been leveled from 1 only in FG?
2. What options does a character have when a component of his build is made illegal for play in a newer version of the Guide?

Blackfoot
July 24th, 2013, 03:49
1. Do you accept characters with paper chronicles or must they have been leveled from 1 only in FG?
Yes, but you'll need to scan your previous chronicle and post it up.

2. What options does a character have when a component of his build is made illegal for play in a newer version of the Guide?
I'm pretty sure that this is spelled out in the guide... you have to remove the illegal element from the character... I'll see if I can find the explanation of what to do and post it up.

Playtests and Errata
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is a living game, and whether in the form of a playtest that varies from its final incarnation, conversion from the 3.5 rules set to the Pathfinder RPG, or an errata or FAQ to the Core Rules, sometimes game elements change in the course of a PC’s career. The following guidelines allow players to update or convert existing characters to use the most current rules. Further explanation of conversions or updates may appear in the Additional Resources list to clarify rules available through non-Core Assumption material.
When rebuilding your character in any way, you must describe all changes on your next Chronicle in the Equipment Sold/Conditions Gained section, and your GM must initial that section.
If a feat or trait changes or is removed from the Additional Resources list: You have two options. First, you may either switch the old feat for an updated feat of the same name in another legal source (if available), ignoring any prerequisites of the new feat you do not meet. Alternatively, you may replace the feat entirely with another feat for which you meet all the prerequisites.
If a class, prestige class, or a class feature-dependent ability score is altered: You may rebuild your character to its current XP, maintaining the same equipment.
If a class or prestige class changes in such a way that you no longer have proficiency with a given weapon or armor type: You may sell back the affected equipment and only the affected equipment at full market value.

Nickademus
July 24th, 2013, 09:18
Thanks. At least it's playable. Have some scanning to do. :/

lachancery
July 25th, 2013, 17:01
PLEASE NOTE:

A few of the registered players weren't able to make it to the game on Saturday night. We were left with only two players, and no others have signed up over the last week. I will reschedule this game. The special Shadow Lodge boon expires on August 14th, so I will look to reschedule it before then.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2013, 22:02
Thanks. At least it's playable. Have some scanning to do. :/
To clarify. We just ask for a scan/legible digital photo of the fully completed last scenario chronicle your PC played - we don't need to see all of their chronicles.

This is discussed in more depth here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17754-Players-%28and-GMs%29-PFS-Chronicle-Sheets-Please-read!