PDA

View Full Version : AD&D Classics - Monthly Game

azhrei331
July 11th, 2013, 02:15
Running the old school modules monthly for interested players. Please PM me for more details and with character concept before posting here. First up....

B4 The Lost City

Lost in the desert! The only hope for survival lies in a ruined city rising out of the sands. Food, water, and wealth await heroic adventurers inside an ancient pyramid ruled by a strange race of masked beings.

JohnD
July 11th, 2013, 03:21
You will get more replies with a projected day/time/frequency/time zone statement.

azhrei331
July 11th, 2013, 19:51
the times will vary each module, but will generally be in the evenings of a weekend day. most are expected to run about 8 hours. the first is already on the game calender for Friday July 19th @ 6pm EST. it will be run in a pseudo-league style, with mods chosen at random and players freely able to join for one mod and skip the next.

Trenloe
July 11th, 2013, 20:51
the first is already on the game calender for Friday July 19th @ 6pm EST.
I'd recommend posting a link to the game calendar entry in this thread - there will be many more people view this thread than check through the Game Calendar, there are a lot of "dead" games in the calendar so it is hard to find a new, active game without it being linked from a thread. JohnD - don't start ranting about the old campaigns in the game calendar! ;)

azhrei331
July 11th, 2013, 23:57
As requested :-p

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1038

azhrei331
July 16th, 2013, 01:43
Second call for interested old skool gamers! still have a couple slots available for The Lost City module run in AD&D 2e on Friday July 19th @ 6pm EDT. anyone interested should send me a PM with their character concept and i will pass along the log in information.

Isamill
July 16th, 2013, 08:23
Damn the time zones!!!!!
This was my very first adventure in DnD 30 odd years ago and would love to have reminisced and played again, good luck and I hope you have fun - I am sooooo jealous!!!!

Nickademus
July 16th, 2013, 15:30
I am interested, but a few things make me cautious.

I don't have a license yet (will within a month).

6 pm can cut it a little close to when I get home from work some days (might be late once every 2 or 3 months), but you posted that the time might change by module; any earlier and I would probably still be at work depending on the workload.

You posted that the session would run ~8h for the whole module. If that is a single session you are looking at playing until 2 am. Is that your intention, or did you plan to split the mod over sessions? (I work Saturday mornings and so can't reasonably stay up til 2.)

Otherwise, it's been a while since I played 2nd Ed but still have my books right behind me on the shelf. Wouldn't take much to get back into the groove. Like riding a bike I imagine. I am interested in what books you allow and if there are any major house rules (like the Player's Options series).

azhrei331
July 16th, 2013, 18:03
the session this Friday will indeed run from 6pm - 2am (8 hours). while the individual mods will be run at different times at each month to accommodate the players, they should all run about the same duration. but if you miss this one you will have the opportunity to jump into any future sessions, as they will not be a series run. i will be keeping close to 2e core, though any rule changes will only be to make things run faster and more smoothly.

Gold
July 17th, 2013, 12:58
Hello! I am interested and have signed up for Fantasy Grounds forum to consider this. I am brand new here, exploring different Virtual Tabletop ways to play AD&D online. Right now I am considering the purchase of FG player license so that I could join games like this. Is this a good place for finding AD&D? Thank you for posting a pitch and DM'ing. If I get sold on FG then I would like to apply for your campaigns.

azhrei331
July 17th, 2013, 13:40
Hello! I am interested and have signed up for Fantasy Grounds forum to consider this. I am brand new here, exploring different Virtual Tabletop ways to play AD&D online. Right now I am considering the purchase of FG player license so that I could join games like this. Is this a good place for finding AD&D? Thank you for posting a pitch and DM'ing. If I get sold on FG then I would like to apply for your campaigns.

officially, FG is set up best to accommodate D&D 3e and 4e, though other companies have created excellent rulesets for Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, and others. compared to other Virtual Tabletops, i believe that FG has the greatest functionality, best graphics, and ease of use. due to copyright issues, there are no official AD&D 1e or 2e rulesets. however, several free-use creations (like the one i use) have been designed which do offer a significant amount of playability, though not taking full advantage of the FG framework. if you have time and want to start with a player's license to see how it goes, you are welcome to join my game this Friday.

Gold
July 18th, 2013, 07:41
Thanks azhrei. This Friday is not good in my schedule, but, I am installing FG on my computer and hope to get in another game soon to try it.

zohnnyg
July 18th, 2013, 10:14
what time pacific are you going to be playing azhrei331?

azhrei331
July 18th, 2013, 19:38
that should be 3pm PST.

leozelig
July 20th, 2013, 01:00
How did the game go? I think this is a great idea, so I am interested to hear how the 8 hour session worked out.

Cheers!

Leo

azhrei331
July 23rd, 2013, 14:54
Sadly we had too many last minute cancellations and was unable to get it going on Friday. I will be rescheduling in the next couple weeks.

How did the game go? I think this is a great idea, so I am interested to hear how the 8 hour session worked out.

Cheers!

Leo

Gold
July 23rd, 2013, 23:24
Post it when you know the next date. I would like to try it, and I have installed FG now (no license tho, is that ok?). I could play if it's this Friday or next Friday, if I know in advance.

zohnnyg
July 24th, 2013, 22:45
ill play too but you havent got back to me.

azhrei331
July 25th, 2013, 19:37
ok folks...the reschedule for the AD&D Classic "The Lost City" will be held on Friday, August 16th @ 6pm EST. anyone interested should send me a PM before they post a character on the Game Calender. this will be the first session in what i hope to be a monthly revisiting of the old D&D modules using the AD&D 2e system. everyone should make a 1st level character according to the PHB standard rules, using Method IV for ability score generation. if a score is needed to meet a class prerequisite, some adjustment may be possible prior to the game. if you cannot make this session, players will have the chance to jump in each month without penalty, as the modules will not in order or setting specific.

azhrei331
August 11th, 2013, 22:32
just a reminder that the first game session for the monthly game will be this coming Friday. there are a couple more slots available, so if you would like to play please send me PM and then post your character on the Game Calender. i will send a confirmation PM to the players mid-week with the login information. Happy gaming!

Andraax
August 11th, 2013, 23:53
just a reminder that the first game session for the monthly game will be this coming Friday. there are a couple more slots available, so if you would like to play please send me PM and then post your character on the Game Calender. i will send a confirmation PM to the players mid-week with the login information. Happy gaming!

Are there any time slots where we can login to your server and create characters? Or should we just have them ready on other sources and type in the data when we connect on Friday?

azhrei331
August 12th, 2013, 04:53
Are there any time slots where we can login to your server and create characters? Or should we just have them ready on other sources and type in the data when we connect on Friday?

there will be time to enter things into the game prior to the start of the session Friday. i will try to get online early Friday, but will give everyone more specific information mid-week when i send out the email.

azhrei331
August 14th, 2013, 18:15
last call for gamers! we will be playing the AD&D Classic mod B4 - The Lost City - on Friday @ 6pm EST. there are a couple slots left so if anyone else is interested send me a PM and post your character on the game calender so i can send you the server information. Happy Gaming!

zohnnyg
August 16th, 2013, 06:40
i just installed fantasy grounds on my new computer do i need to update the client?