PDA

View Full Version : Full License Question

Booker Grimm
July 10th, 2013, 08:59
I have the full license and as I understand it, I can have two copies of FGII, one for my PC and one on my laptop (using the same key). That's great.

But I cannot connect the laptop to the PC, keep getting License Key Conflict. What's up?

Sorry if this is a no-brainer, but I really want to play locally (me on the PC, my wife on the laptop). Please don't tell me I need another license :mad:

damned
July 10th, 2013, 09:16
the license is for a single instance of fantasy grounds. whilst not in the license agreement the developers have suggested that it is possible to develop on one computer and play on another but two instances with the same license cannot play in the same game.

Valarian
July 10th, 2013, 10:50
Damned is right, you can have two installations of FG2 for development purposes but you can only use one at a time for play. Trying to use a license with the same key as the GM, or even another player, will result in the license conflict. You do need another license (a lite license for play only or a full license if your wife wishes to GM using the laptop). This is standard for software licensing.

Tiqon
July 10th, 2013, 14:32
But if you really want to start two (GM/player) to test something, you CAN do it on the same machine at the same time. Start one as a GM and start another and join the session you started first.

Valarian
July 10th, 2013, 15:58
But if you really want to start two (GM/player) to test something, you CAN do it on the same machine at the same time. Start one as a GM and start another and join the session you started first.
Only if you use localhost (a local loopback IP address: 127.0.0.1) as the connection. If you try to connect using the alias or the external IP address, you will get the same licence conflict error.

ddavison
July 10th, 2013, 23:33
For testing or for managing a player view in addition to a GM view, I often run two copies of FG and toggle between the two or put them on separate monitors. The localhost connection that was mentioned earlier will allow you to do this with one license.