PDA

View Full Version : Need new player for established Pathfinder game

Gwaihir Scout
July 8th, 2013, 19:17
Unfortunately, one of my players has disappeared without a trace. It's been a month, so it's time to look for a replacement.

The game is Pathfinder, playing Paizo's Rise of the Runelords (Anniversary Edition) adventure path, which is a classic adventure about an ancient empire apparently returning. We play on Wednesday nights, from 7-11 PM Central. The original thread about the game with basic information and house rules can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17971).

The current party is a shapeshifting druid, healing cleric, high-defense magus, and conjuration wizard. The character being replaced is an archer ranger, who is currently the main damage dealer. You don't have to be a ranger or an archer, but I do ask that you make damage one of your character's focuses to fit in with the established party.

The party is currently level 9, and probably only one session away from level 10. We're about half-way through the whole adventure, so there's at least six months ahead of us. The main plot is just starting to kick into high gear, so don't worry about having missed too much material.

Because of the high starting level, I must ask that whoever wants to join has a decent amount of familiarity with Pathfinder or D&D 3.5. You don't need experience with Fantasy Grounds, and you don't have to have played at high levels before. If you've gotten a character to level 5 or 6 elsewhere, you're probably OK.

If you want to join, make a level 9 character with 50,000 gp in equipment. Check the original thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17971) for character building rules. One idea for your background and reason for joining the party could be something like this: You were this backwater region for whatever reason you like. You heard a call for volunteers to help man a fort after it suffered a bad attack from ogres. You decided to join up for a while, but found out that the group of adventurers who saved the fort had much bigger concerns than ogres.

Feel free to ask for more information.

Ksathra
July 9th, 2013, 02:01
This actually sounds like a nice game to join up for. I'm free Wednesday if you'll have me. I Gm and play in 3.5 and PF games pretty frequently, though less so with PF.

I was thinking of a Catfolk rogue that is first born son of a high General which made him brush with other high born. He played the handsome lordling by day but snuck out for more fun things during the night. Was thinking the Scout variant of Rogue with Claws from the Catfolk and stuff like that.

Gwaihir Scout
July 9th, 2013, 02:35
Thanks for your interest. I already have another player interested,so if you could send me a character .xml and give me some more of an idea about how you'll play him, I can pick the one that best fits the existing party.

Ksathra
July 9th, 2013, 03:11
If this was a lvl 3 character or I had a premade character ready I'd send it to you.
But making a 9th lvl character probably will take a few hours, the fact that I'm second to answer the call makes me feel like I'll be wasting hours making this character just to be turned down... I'll send you the bones of the character idea I have though. Dunno what you mean by .xml though.

Gwaihir Scout
July 9th, 2013, 03:34
By .xml, I meant the Fantasy Grounds character file. It's a shortcut that gets used all the time in the PFS forum since characters get swapped around GMs, and I really shouldn't have used it here considering the below.

While I haven't seen the other candidate's character yet (I only heard from him shortly before you posted), I confess I overlooked the time commitment to make a character at that level. I've never had to make one that high from scratch before. Therefore, I think it's only fair to tell you that I have played with the other candidate before and that will give him a slight advantage. If you'd rather not spend the time to make a character in that case, I understand. Thanks for your interest.

Ksathra
July 9th, 2013, 03:50
ah well. sounds like you want more of a Fighter or Paladin for Damage anyway.

tahl_liadon
July 9th, 2013, 18:09
I'll give this a go. Count me in.

Gwaihir Scout
July 9th, 2013, 23:11
Thanks for the interest, but I've picked someone already.