PDA

View Full Version : Slipstream

Olodrin
July 8th, 2013, 14:43
Hi all,

I'm a veteran 4E ruleset user but a complete n00b with SW; how do I go about implementing the changes between the standard SW ruleset and the Slipstream supplement?

Is this even possible? If yes, generally how much time are we talking about (days/weeks/months)?

Thanks,
Olodrin

Doswelk
July 8th, 2013, 19:49
WHat do you mean implement the changes?

You do know that there is a Slipstream extension for FGII?

Olodrin
July 8th, 2013, 19:52
Well, I feel sheepish.

Olodrin
July 8th, 2013, 20:00
As a follow up, does this product also require the purchase of the SW deluxe ruleset?

Trenloe
July 8th, 2013, 22:00
As a follow up, does this product also require the purchase of the SW deluxe ruleset?
Yes it does. See the "Requires" section in the store entry for Slipstream: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=PEG10008FG2

This is implemented as an extension (builds on top of the base SW ruleset) and a library module for reference.

Olodrin
July 8th, 2013, 22:23
Beautiful.

Every time I see this kind of quality official support for a product, I'd like to slap someone in the WotC corporate strategy department.

sakmerlin37
July 17th, 2013, 17:37
hehe, I know what you mean; there's a few companies out there that I don't understand. As a business, partnering with somebody like Smiteworks would be good business: it opens further revenue stream possibilities, and, keeps the niche players happy with official support.

I'm glad PEG Inc. is so willing to partner with their SW ruleset. My wife & I are developing a game and will happily work with Smiteworks; in fact, I am developing a ruleset/module/extension (etc.) concurrently with paper development.