PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to host" Problem

Umpherous
July 7th, 2013, 23:07
Hi,

I have an ultimate license. When I load a campaign and attempt the connection test, I get a "success".

However, I tried to join a game for the first time and the error I got was: "Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again." I used the server alias when I tried to connect to the game.

I thought I had successfully forwarded the 1802 port given that I got "success" on the connection test.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

FG is running on Parallels virtual machine (v. 8) for my iMac; Windows 8. I have it so that FG has full access via McAfee and I forwarded the 1802 port on the router.

Moon Wizard
July 8th, 2013, 00:38
Connecting to a game does not require any port forwarding. It's only required by whomever is hosting the game.

We are currently in the middle of a web server migration, so the DNS information is still propagating which means that the alias system may not work today. The DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours to complete, during which time people can potentially be routed to the old or new server depending on where they live.

Try getting the external IP address from your GM for today.

Regards,
JPG

Umpherous
July 14th, 2013, 17:30
Getting the external IP worked. Thanks!