PDA

View Full Version : Where to find the Skillsheets

Frostgeneral
July 7th, 2013, 10:55
Hej there,

i want to change the skills of my ruleset and cant find the list of all the skills an adventurer can increase.

i search for rulesets/CallofCthulhu/ but when i opened charsheet_skills there is no skill to rename like "spot hidden" 25% // "cthulhu mythos" 0%

even in the folder scripts there is no list of skills =(

can u tell me where's the folder/file to rename the skills?
I want to play Cthulhu invictus and there is no need for "archeologic", "drive car" and "pilot"...

can u help me?

Valarian
July 7th, 2013, 12:36
The skills are in a file called skilllist (Lua IIRC). Look at one of the era-specific extension (.ext) files. Copy the .ext file and rename to a .zip. Unzip the contents to a directory for working on the files. Change the skillist to suit Cthulhu Invictus. Zip up the content from within the same directory (highlight the files and zip up). Rename the zip file as an extension and something sensible (e.g. coc_invictus.ext). Use the coc_invictus extension when starting your campaign. Creating a new character, you should see the skill list.

Frostgeneral
July 7th, 2013, 13:28
Okay, i try to change this =) Thank you

Trenloe
July 8th, 2013, 19:15
A tip when looking for things in rulesets. Use a text editor that supports the "find in files" (or similar) option and search the whole ruleset directory (and sub-directories) for keywords.

I use the free text editor Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ and here is an example screen shot where I have just searched for "spot hidden" in the whole CoC ruleset. You can see the results at the bottom (found in 2 files) and you simply double click on the search result line and it will open that file and take you to that line - very, very hadny for doing any work within a ruleset.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/CoC%20Ruleset%20Spot%20Hidden%20Search.jpg

As Valarian mentions above, you may need to also look in the era specific files within the extensions (.ext) as well.