PDA

View Full Version : FG Con 3 - November 1st - 3rd, 2013

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2013, 16:10
Hi folks,

We've set the date for Friday November 1st to Sunday November 3rd.

Start time November 1st 5pm GMT+12 - Time conversion here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=FG+Con+3+-+Start!&iso=20131101T17&p1=22

End Time November 3rd, 11pm GMT-10 - Time Conversion here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=FG+Con+3+-+End!++%3A-%28&iso=20131103T23&p1=103

There always seems to be confusion around times and dates - please use the links above and set your "Home Location" using the "Change Location" button in the "Converted Time" box. We hope to have time conversion integrated into the FG Con website, but that is still a work in progress so please use the links above, and any others posted going forward, to check times/dates for your location.

Put this in your calendar! Prospective GMs start thinking about what you'd like to run.

Like last time, this is a global convention - so it can run from Friday November 1st GMT +12 to Sunday November 3rd GMT-12. Essentially over 3 days of gaming - if you're in New Zealand you can start playing Friday afternoon until Monday evening local time, if you're in Hawaii you can play Thursday evening to Friday evening local time. Of course - there have to be games running for you to play...

There's a lot of work for the team to do in order to get prepared and make this a success, a rough timeline is:

August/September: internal work and testing based on improvements identified from FG Con 2.
September: Plan other areas of the convention. Begin publicity.
Mid-End September: Website goes live for GMs to register their games. Full call for GMs. Very active publicity pushing people to the website where they can find video links, extra info, sign-up for a mailing list, etc..
October: Player registration opens. GM game registration continues. Big publicity push. Player and GM support.
November 1st – convention begins!

Blackfoot
July 3rd, 2013, 16:39
I will probably run 'We Be Goblins!' and 'We Be Goblins Too!' from Pathfinder.

avro5731
July 3rd, 2013, 16:46
Sweet, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

John_Geeshu
July 3rd, 2013, 17:06

I second avro's offer. Anything I can do logistically, I'm there.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2013, 17:26
I second avro's offer. Anything I can do logistically, I'm there.

That's both of your names on the helpers list! Thanks. :)

Doswelk
July 3rd, 2013, 19:58
Argh!

Two FG Cons in the year and I do not get to be able to run a game on either!

Damn you holiday!

Oh well there's always 2014!

bennis1980
July 5th, 2013, 11:35
Still need to check my calendar to see if I'm working that weekend but put my name down for help. We might see if we can get some goodies for prizes (maybe some codes for RPGnow downloads or something - or could SW offer us some prizes to give away?)

Rose Claymore
August 9th, 2013, 16:39
I almost completely missed out on Comicon so count me in for this. Not sure what I'd run, but it'd definitely be something PFS related. Maybe Dawn of the Scarlet Sun as I haven't run that yet.

hawkwind
August 9th, 2013, 17:31
I will try and keep an evening free to run a session all in one go, I'm tempted to blow my star and run level one of Thornkeep again.

Will there be set time slots of can GM's start when they like? I can probably find 4 hours or so to run a game but I might have trouble fitting into a predetermined time slot

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 20:55
Will there be set time slots of can GM's start when they like? I can probably find 4 hours or so to run a game but I might have trouble fitting into a predetermined time slot
Fixed/suggested timeslots have been mentioned in feedback from the last convention - I think trying to keep 100% to specific slots across multiple timezones will be virtually impossible. A lot will depend on what we manage to implement on the website in terms of timezone handling. We'll probably go with suggested slot times, but will allow a GM to enter custom values as well. Again, it will all depend on how manageable this is in the booking system.

hawkwind
August 9th, 2013, 22:03
Thanks I just want to help you meet that 15 tables of PFS sessions and be able to run or play in the special con only Adventure

Trenloe
August 9th, 2013, 22:49
... and be able to run or play in the special con only Adventure
Ssshhh, don't let the cat out of the bag. Nothing is confirmed yet...

:)

Rose Claymore
August 10th, 2013, 02:32
...run or play in the special con only Adventure

If this becomes an option, I'm all over it. I'd love to get in on the Season 5 special early in the season.

hawkwind
August 10th, 2013, 07:16
If this becomes an option, I'm all over it. I'd love to get in on the Season 5 special early in the season.

RobG
August 10th, 2013, 12:23
I'll run a few Pathfinder Society games, should be pretty easy to get 15 tables if all the regulars do a couple.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2013, 16:53
Thanks everyone - I reckon we should easily be able to get the minimum of 15 tables required for con support. As hawkwind says - the more tables we have the more likely we are to get bonus support. I'll let you know how my discussions pan out over the next couple of weeks.

AstaSyneri
August 28th, 2013, 15:25
If the FG Con website needs some nice high fantasy image replacing the one used for FG Con 2, I can probably provide that (no, I didn't paint it, yes I hold the usage rights).

Otherwise I am curious to try something Savage Worlds there (as a player - I am not experienced enough with FG 2 to run something).

borusa32
September 1st, 2013, 21:18
I will either run another one-off Cthulhu game-probably Gaslight or a Dr Who: Adventures in Time and Space game to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the series.

leozelig
September 3rd, 2013, 22:49
I will try to run some D&D Friday night (GMT -5), not sure what edition.

jimshu
September 4th, 2013, 21:54
I think I might be game to run something. I have a 4e challenge event that I wrote up once. That was more focused on time, but I think it could be tweaked to be just a regular event.

AstaSyneri
September 12th, 2013, 16:12
Sooo... Who's promoting this event? I am very much looking forward to it (and hopefully get to play in some SW rounds or otherwise host one myself).

Just looked around in the larger German RPG forums and apparently FG is not very much known there.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2013, 16:53
We'll be relying on posts in various forums and websites, social media, email newsletters, etc..

We haven't started pushing this as the FG Con website still needs some tweeking before we start to push publicity. The last thing I want is to start publicity and have a "Under Construction - please come back later" sign on the convention website.

AstaSyneri
September 13th, 2013, 07:56
We'll be relying on posts in various forums and websites, social media, email newsletters, etc..

We haven't started pushing this as the FG Con website still needs some tweeking before we start to push publicity. The last thing I want is to start publicity and have a "Under Construction - please come back later" sign on the convention website.

Makes sense. This should happen soon, though - it's only 6-7 weeks left (and those are going to pass quickly!). Not that you need any more pressure ;-).

bennis1980
September 21st, 2013, 00:30
Just found out I will miss this one :(

A very good friend is getting married that weekend.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2013, 01:25
Just found out I will miss this one :(
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :(

bennis1980
September 21st, 2013, 01:33
Okay, I'll ask my mate to move his wedding. If his fiancée is truely the one, she'll understand

phantomwhale
September 23rd, 2013, 06:26
Doswelk, Bennis and myself all out - hope that someone will still be representing for SavageWorlds this time around !

grapper
September 23rd, 2013, 21:06
I've been pondering GMing a Savage Worlds session or two, but I've never done it for a con. To be honest, I've never been to an actual (live) convention and my only exposure has been as a player at the last FGII con. I've been GMing for several years using FGII for a varying groups of friends, including one-shot adventures for people new to things. I've just never done it for a con.

Are there restrictions on what I'm allowed to run? Specifically, can I run commercial products or things I've gotten from community sites? or do I need some sort of permission?

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2013, 21:36
Are there restrictions on what I'm allowed to run? Specifically, can I run commercial products or things I've gotten from community sites? or do I need some sort of permission?
There are no restrictions on what you run in terms of commercial, community or home-grown material. You are not providing/distributing any copyright material for players to keep (just sharing for the game) so you do not need to get permission from authors/publishers to run a game using their material at the convention.

The only restriction would be the "adult" content of your game - as it is not always obvious how old players are and also what offends players, it is always best to keep your games at "PG-13" rating in both content and GM/player language.

AstaSyneri
September 24th, 2013, 08:33
I've been pondering GMing a Savage Worlds session or two, but I've never done it for a con. To be honest, I've never been to an actual (live) convention and my only exposure has been as a player at the last FGII con. I've been GMing for several years using FGII for a varying groups of friends, including one-shot adventures for people new to things. I've just never done it for a con.

I am definitely interested in playing in a SW session or two at FGC 3. While I have run adventures at Cons, I am way behind on the learning curve for FG at this point. Maybe I'll run an All for One SW adventure (which I am currently massaging into a FG module/extension).

Trenloe
September 24th, 2013, 15:30
Update:

Damned and I are working on getting the website ready for FG Con 3. We hope to have it launched by the end of this month.

GMs - please start to think about what games you will be running and when. Once the site goes live the first task will be for GMs to add their events.

Remember that the Full-to-Ultimate upgrade will be in place for this length of the convention - so all GMs with a full license will be able to run games for anyone.

Thanks! :)

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2013, 22:18
The FG Con 3 website is now live with a call for GMs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19654-Call-for-GMs!-FG-Con-3-November-1st-3rd-2013

Player registration will begin in a few days - first we need a nice list of events! :-)

Trenloe
October 7th, 2013, 01:29
The website has been live for a few days and there are currently 19 events listed. Most of these are Pathfinder Society games, so we need GMs to run games other than Pathfinder society.

There have been quite a few people say they would run a game since we announced these dates over 4 months ago. Please carry through on that and run one (or more) games at the convention. Thanks.

If we get a few more GMs to run a single convention style slot (3-5 hours) we will get a good, wide range of games - which will give all players and other GMs the nice "problem" of wondering what to sign up to! :-)

AstaSyneri
October 8th, 2013, 08:45
Pamper the GMs: Give them a $2 coupon for the FG shop for each session run. :D

Trenloe
October 11th, 2013, 03:51
FG Con - Open for Player booking! :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19701-FG-Con-3-Open-to-Players!

Grimtina
October 11th, 2013, 09:55
Question - would it be ok for the GMs to run spontaneous sessions gathering people on TS? In case I have some time left.

Trenloe
October 11th, 2013, 21:08
Question - would it be ok for the GMs to run spontaneous sessions gathering people on TS? In case I have some time left.
This would be completely fine for you to do.

However, most players who hang out in the Teamspeak general area are there just having a chat before their next game or for a short time after their previous game. I don't know how much traction you will get trying to organise a pick-up game on the fly. This hasn't been done in the past and so people will not be expecting it.

If you know closer to the con that you will be free I would recommend making an event at FG Con - simply to avoid spending a lot of time trying to get a group together during the con. But, if you don't know if you're free until you're free then go for it - perhaps this will kick off people getting involved with pick-up games at FG Cons! :-)

Grimtina
October 12th, 2013, 01:49
I did pick up games before in tabletop, just not at online cons. But there is always a first time :-)

Blackfoot
October 12th, 2013, 01:52
It could certainly happen. I'm pretty sure it happened last time.

damned
October 15th, 2013, 01:40
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 3 is here - plenty of player slots available and just enough time for GMs to add any new games! Follow my signature for more info!

AstaSyneri
October 15th, 2013, 08:26
Stop spamming, please, especially in those necrotic threads. If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.

It's the "outside world" that needs to know.

damned
October 15th, 2013, 08:48
hmmmm.... this is a thread dedicated to FG-Con3. 4 of the 7 threads are FG-Con threads :)
sometimes people need a little poking and prodding...

Hear Ye, Here Ye,
A wonderful weekend of adventure, mischief, and mayhem awaits brave and noble heroes and fools. Bring your finest blades, your darkest tomes, your six-shooters and your familiars. Little sleep awaits but dreams, fantasies and nightmares are sure to abound. The ante has been paid all that is required now is you!

AstaSyneri
October 15th, 2013, 11:29
Are there supposed to be any time slots - or is it entirely free-form? I now have a little adventure ready and would love to offer that, but I am having a bit of trouble deciding on a good time to run it (most likely on Europe's Saturday evening, that way US players could participate).

damned
October 15th, 2013, 11:44
firstly choose a time slot that works for you.
then look at the existing games at or near that time slot and see if that impacts your decision.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2013, 14:59
Are there supposed to be any time slots - or is it entirely free-form? I now have a little adventure ready and would love to offer that, but I am having a bit of trouble deciding on a good time to run it (most likely on Europe's Saturday evening, that way US players could participate).
As this is a global convention it is virtually impossible to determine specific timeslots that will work for everyone. Therefore, we haven't specified any specific timeslots. As damned says, if you can look at the current events and try to work your game into what is currently in the events list. Recommendation - don't worry about running a game when others are on, but try to avoid spanning across 2 games if you can as this limits player options for your and other games. But, if you are limited to a specific time period then just go for it.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2013, 15:04
Stop spamming, please, especially in those necrotic threads. If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.

It's the "outside world" that needs to know.
Admittedly damned did do a lot of spamming yesterday... Ease up a bit mate!

Yes - the outside world does need to know about it! Everyone on this form, please let people outside of the Fantasy Grounds forum know! Post on other forums, use social media, email your friends...

However, that said... We are still short of GMs for non Pathfinder games. Essentially, GMs have to come from within the FG community. We currently only have 8 games that are not Pathfinder Society which is way the lowest count of any of the FG Cons. Why is this? Is it because there are still a few that don't know or have forgot? Is it that are not available? Is it that they don't want to? Or is it that they don't care (which one forum user has indicated)?

AstaSyneri
October 15th, 2013, 15:48
However, that said... We are still short of GMs for non Pathfinder games. Essentially, GMs have to come from within the FG community. We currently only have 8 games that are not Pathfinder Society which is way the lowest count of any of the FG Cons. Why is this? Is it because there are still a few that don't know or have forgot? Is it that are not available? Is it that they don't want to? Or is it that they don't care (which one forum user has indicated)?

It really is work to offer an RPG session at a Con - even a virtual one. I am still convince that if you get to raffle something, at least for GMs, you'll have a better turn out (a few $10 coupons for the FG stores - something along that line).

Trenloe
October 15th, 2013, 16:11
It really is work to offer an RPG session at a Con - even a virtual one. I am still convince that if you get to raffle something, at least for GMs, you'll have a better turn out (a few $10 coupons for the FG stores - something along that line).
Quite possibly offering something would convince some GMs to run a game.

Smiteworks did offer vouchers for FG Con 1 but haven't done it since. I think in FG Con 1 very few GMs actually applied for the voucher.

For FG Con 2 there were no vouchers and we still got a good turn out for GMs.

We're limited in what we can do as this is a free community ran event - any expenditure (such as a teamspeak server) comes out of the individual community member's pocket.

That's the background of where we're coming from... But, it's a good idea - thanks for the reminder. I've reached out to Smiteworks to see if any GM incentive can be offered this time around.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2013, 16:47
If you are on this forum, it's pretty much a give now that you have learned about it.
Actually, based off the referrer statistics today, it looks like there may still be quite a few people who aren't aware of FG Con - most of these are from damned's "spammed" threads:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/FG%20Con%203/Referrers%20Oct%2015th.jpg

Keep in mind that there are a lot of community members who will not read every thread on this forum - or even more than 10% of them. Therefore, hitting threads (even old ones) that have a vague link/relevance to FG Con might send out an email to people who subscribed to those threads, thus getting the message out. Which the above referrer statistics suggest is the case.

Unfortunately, this does mean that regular FG forum goers will see a lot of these messages - especially if we do it all at once. Please understand the need and reasoning behind this and try to bear with us while we try to get the message out...

Thanks! :)

wbcreighton
October 15th, 2013, 19:41
I did pick up games before in tabletop, just not at online cons. But there is always a first time :-)

You might want to prepare something for a solo or small group. Easier to get it off the ground that way.

Occasionally games fall through because the GM or players don't show up, or there is a tech glitch, and a pick up game is a possibility. That's what has happened in the past.

damned
October 16th, 2013, 00:14
Actually, based off the referrer statistics today, it looks like there may still be quite a few people who aren't aware of FG Con - most of these are from damned's "spammed" threads:
Keep in mind that there are a lot of community members who will not read every thread on this forum - or even more than 10% of them. Therefore, hitting threads (even old ones) that have a vague link/relevance to FG Con might send out an email to people who subscribed to those threads, thus getting the message out. Which the above referrer statistics suggest is the case.

There was method to my madness. I hit 7 threads and some of you would have got 7 emails - sorry. 4 of the threads were specific FG-Con threads. The other 3 had over 100 post counts and were popular general threads. I do apologise to any that I upset but be warned - I will probably do it again next con! Repeat business is far easier to get than new business.
Also I looked at popular threads in 4E and BRP etc and did not hit those because we have no games running with those RuleSets...

wbcreighton
October 16th, 2013, 20:00
Hitting the threads where we have no games running might turn up some GMs who aren't aware of the con and maybe they'll run a game.

damned
October 16th, 2013, 22:42
Some people want me to send our *MORE* emails!
Some 4E, BRP and Cthulhu would be good....

jimshu
October 16th, 2013, 23:09
Alright, I hope this goes well but I have entered in a game to run.

Grimtina
October 17th, 2013, 01:31
I might add a game or two, but thing is, it's more work for me to do an FG2 game than RL table games as I need to add lots of stuff into a program I don't know that well yet.

Buuut then who says every game needs to be a full module in style? :-)

damned
October 17th, 2013, 01:50
Hey Grimtina - you can enter as much or as little into FG as you like.
What do you *need*?
Character sheets.
Everything else is up to you.
Most people like to run combat on a map and using tracker so you would need one or more maps (or draw freestyle on the run) and your tokens.
So maps and tokens are highly recommended.
Story can be good because often there are clues hidden in story and players have light bulb moments and go back and check story entries - but these are up to GM.
If posting more games look for time slots with few or no games as your first choice - providing they work with you.
We have about 10 games that dont have any players signed up just yet.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2013, 02:08
I might add a game or two, but thing is, it's more work for me to do an FG2 game than RL table games as I need to add lots of stuff into a program I don't know that well yet.

Buuut then who says every game needs to be a full module in style? :-)
As that damned fellow says... as little or as much as you like.

If you're running the game over voice (which I'd recommend for the convention as you'll get more gaming done in your slot) you really don't need that much. I run all of my one-shot games with the following:

PC's pre entered.
Encounter and geographical maps.
Flavour images if appropriate.
NPC stat blocks with a token pre-assigned (usually some of the excellent Shockbolt tokens that come with FG).
Encounters pre-entered so that the NPCs can be deployed to the combat tracker quickly and the tokens can be automatically placed on the map.
Important boxed text as story entries I can drag to the chat window and share with the players.

I then have a printout or PDF of the adventure I'm running in front of me so I can run the game just like I would do behind a GM screen.

For a convention game you really don't want it to be too long as you have a limited time slot and may not be able to run over as players might have signed up for a game immediately after, so the amount of the stuff listed above you'd need to have entered in Fantasy Grounds wouldn't be that much.

EDIT: Now that I am used to Fantasy Grounds, preparing for the same one-shot scenario face-to-face actually takes me longer than preparing for it on Fantasy Grounds.

leozelig
October 17th, 2013, 05:15
If you are used to running games in RL and tracking combat on paper, you could still do that. Just need a map and some PCs in that case!

Grimtina
October 18th, 2013, 19:28
Char sheets is what I struggle with most - totally different format. I'm slowly entering stuff but it takes ages. I think I will need to host he main sheet on my server still, spells and all.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2013, 19:33
Char sheets is what I struggle with most - totally different format. I'm slowly entering stuff but it takes ages. I think I will need to host he main sheet on my server still, spells and all.
For what ruleset?

Blackfoot
October 18th, 2013, 19:33

You can do the character sheets as 'images' by scanning them, saving them to the 'images' folder of your campaign and then sharing them with the appropriate player. This limits your access to a bunch of FG features.. but you still have your dice, combat tracker, maps...

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2013, 01:28
SmiteWorks have very kindly offered a cash incentive to GMs at FG Con 3: www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19768-GM-Incentive-to-run-games

Thank you SmiteWorks! :)

Grimtina
October 24th, 2013, 22:16
For D&D/PF and d20.

Yeah I will prtoably provide the sheets in another format. I'll see if I can get it entered in time though.

Trenloe
October 25th, 2013, 04:09
8 days to go and 33 events registered! Some need players - check the latest news page for a list of events that are short on players: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/

If you haven't signed up to play this is your chance to get in on some great games, if you're already playing tell your friends, colleagues, strangers in the street - anyone! :)

Thanks!

damned
October 25th, 2013, 12:17
there are currently over 90 players registered but there are plenty of games still available.

Savage Worlds
Castles & Crusades
Pathfinder (PFS and a standard One Shot)
3.5E
D&D Next
d20 Modern
The One Ring

damned
October 25th, 2013, 12:20
Hi Grimtina - it would really be good if the character sheets were entered into FG.

Have fun - Im looking forward to the Friday game!

Grimtina
October 29th, 2013, 13:26
Yeah I was working on that just now and then the comp crashed. Probably a hint that the assassin's stats need to be adapted. :-)

jimshu
October 30th, 2013, 19:51
With no one yet signed up for my game and other demands on my time, I have remove my submission from the running. Good luck all.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2013, 20:42
With no one yet signed up for my game and other demands on my time, I have remove my submission from the running. Good luck all.
No worries - thanks for volunteering to run a game, sorry no one signed up. :(

Thanks for letting us know you cancelled.

wbcreighton
October 30th, 2013, 21:27
Due to a specific request on a forum and a fortuitous ruleset creation, I will GM a session at FG-Con ( for the first time at the con).

Get ready for Star Wars: the Edge of the Empire ( Beginner Game )

https://www.fg-con.com/events/star-wars-edge-of-the-empire-beginner-game/

damned
October 30th, 2013, 22:09
thanks @Jimshu and @wbcreighton

@Jimshu - there are 2 games running at your same time sot that have 1 space left in each if you want to play instead.
https://www.fg-con.com/events/pathfinder-society-4-19-the-night-march-of-kalkamedes/
https://www.fg-con.com/events/pathfinder-society-5-02-the-wardstone-patrol/

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 13:34
So, my main computer died a temporary death, which means everything I've prepared is stuck on an inactive drive. Looks like I need to improvise big time now.

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 15:20
Is there any way I can find the emails of the booked players? I have no access to my normal email, and I think I got only 2 of the email addresses anyway.

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 16:52
I deleted the d20 modern - added a new steampunk setting for Sunday, maybe I get lucky :-)

wbcreighton
October 31st, 2013, 18:06
Is there any way I can find the emails of the booked players? I have no access to my normal email, and I think I got only 2 of the email addresses anyway.

Were you able to find the e-mails ? If you go to the Manage Events page and click through on Bookings it will give a list of the participants. You should be able to click on their names and see their profile with e-mail address.

If it doesn't work let us know we can get them for you.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2013, 18:06
Sounds like you're having a nightmare with your IT issues. :-o

To check player emails, login to your account on the FG Con website. Click on the “Fantasy Grounds – Virtual Con” heading in the top grey toolbar – this will take you to the admin menu, click on the “Bookings” heading in the sidebar, this will show your current bookings including any that need your approval. Clicking on each individual player name will give you a screen that includes their email address. Or, you can click the "CSV" button above the player list to export to a CSV file (to read as a spreadsheet) - you will be prompted which fields to include, drag the "E-mail" box to the left to include in the export.

Ninja'd! :bandit:

wbcreighton
October 31st, 2013, 18:16
Yup, what he said. :pirate:

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 19:18
I get the list of players but there are no links.

damned
October 31st, 2013, 19:42
I cant post them here for you but I will put them in your Private Messages here.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2013, 19:57
I get the list of players but there are no links.
You need to go to the admin portion of the website (accessed through the grey bar at the top of the page once you've logged in). Then the Events -> Bookings list (in the left hand toolbar) will show you your events. Click on your booking event to see something like this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/FG%20Con%203/Bookings%20List.JPG

Click on each player name to see the email.

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 21:13
Ok, I think I get it.

Now to somehow scan the overview maps again.

Technology hates me :-)

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 23:29
This is getting weirder and weirder. Now it tells me (on my windows tablet) "this program cannot run on your pc"

I just added some stuff to it an hour before...

Grimtina
October 31st, 2013, 23:39
Seems somehow I lost all the data folders and had to update/reinstall. It lost all the campaigns though. *sigh*

damned
November 1st, 2013, 07:42
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 3 kicks off in around 2 hours time.
We are at about 115% of FG-Con2's player numbers with more players still trickling in.
If you still want to pick up a game this weekend there are some interesting options still out there.

Have fun!

Gadreun
November 1st, 2013, 08:44
looking forward to the two games im signed up for thanks in advance to those who have put in all the time and effort!

Would have signed for more but my time zone is untenable for most. (yeah i know there are some die-hards who get up at 4am!).

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2013, 03:06
Friday night (North America time) - with 3 convention sessions in full swing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/FG%20Con%203/FG%20Con%203%20-%20Friday%20Evening%20TS.jpg

Nickademus
November 2nd, 2013, 03:15
And none of them are under the PFS heading. XD

...well of the two PFS games. The middle one looks like a different ruleset.

Baelmordan
November 2nd, 2013, 03:22
I wish I had been able to sign up for a PFS game. I would love to get into one!

Baelmordan
November 2nd, 2013, 03:29
No one else really on though.. apart from people in games.

Grimtina
November 2nd, 2013, 03:47
I was on for a bit looking for a pickup game but then got too busy.

Talen
November 2nd, 2013, 08:40
And none of them are under the PFS heading. XD

...well of the two PFS games. The middle one looks like a different ruleset.

Yep - I tried to create the channel under the PFS header but wouldn't let me (or I couldn't figure it out....prefer to think the system conspired against me)

Trenloe
November 4th, 2013, 16:28
With FG Con 3 over it is time to think of when to run FG Con 4. Vote here for your next does of FG Con goodness: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19827-FG-Con-4-dates

damned
January 18th, 2014, 02:56
Hi GMs,

Ive sent out surveys to approx 75 GMs via email and PM. Im posting in a couple of threads to catch any other interested GMs.

If you are interested in running one or more sessions at Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 4 please complete the following 3min survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VCFD6LN

If you know someone else who might like to GM and you arent sure if they got an invite please feel free to send the link to them:

Thank you everyone for your participation.

regards
Damian

Trenloe
January 26th, 2014, 22:28
FG Con IV dates confirmed: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20357-FG-Con-IV-CONFIRMED-Thursday-8th-Sunday-11th-May

The next few weeks are mostly admin tasks of getting the website ready and updating forums titles, getting advertising organised, assigning roles/responsibilities, etc...

Trenloe
March 31st, 2014, 04:28
FG Con IV is now open for GM event registration.

More details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20777-FG-Con-IV-GM-event-registration-open!

Blackfoot
March 31st, 2014, 04:42
You mean noW open .. right?

Trenloe
March 31st, 2014, 04:44
You mean noW open .. right?
Thanks! :o

Blackfoot
March 31st, 2014, 04:58
Oh the difference a letter makes. :D

damned
August 23rd, 2014, 10:57
FG Con 5 - October 17-19th.
There are about 30 sessions which are now open for player bookings!
GMs get your games posted early so we can get them filled up.

damned
September 3rd, 2014, 04:08
The latest FG Con Newsletter has just gone out.
Not getting it? Make sure you subscribe over at https://www.fg-con.com and you'll get all the latest news and a monthly newsletter on FG on, Fantasy Grounds and Gaming in general.
View past newsletters here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/fg-con-newsletter-archive/
And sign up here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-login.php?action=register
FG Con 5 runs from Friday 17th October - Sunday 19th Octber 2014 (https://www.fg-con.com/events)

wbcreighton
September 4th, 2014, 23:28
The latest FG Con Newsletter has just gone out.
Not getting it? Make sure you subscribe over at https://www.fg-con.com and you'll get all the latest news and a monthly newsletter on FG on, Fantasy Grounds and Gaming in general.
View past newsletters here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/fg-con-newsletter-archive/
And sign up here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-login.php?action=register
FG Con 5 runs from Friday 17th October - Sunday 19th Octber 2014 (https://www.fg-con.com/events)

Not sure who is writing up the newsletter but I have to day that they are doing an awesome job. Very informative and well put together.

Trenloe
September 5th, 2014, 00:01
Not sure who is writing up the newsletter but I have to day that they are doing an awesome job. Very informative and well put together.
That will be damned who's doing all the hard work - with some guest contributors.

damned
September 5th, 2014, 03:11
with some guest contributors.

Im always looking for additional contributors. If I write all the content it will be somewhat narrow and slanted in its coverage. We've had some contributions from Valarian, IanMWard, Mask_of_Winter, Trenloe and Dulux-Oz. What sort of content am I looking for? Ruleset reviews, Developer Tips, GM Tips, Player Tips, AddOn reviews, General RPG gaming news.... Dont be shy. Id love a review of the 5E ruleset for Example... or even 5E itself.

damned
October 3rd, 2014, 02:41
Lots of games still looking for players.
2 weeks to go - please have another look and get signed up for FG Con 5.
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/wide-gaming.jpg
https://www.fg-con.com/events
So much Pathfinder, Savage Worlds and more!