PDA

View Full Version : Idea Informer for SW in FGII

sakmerlin37
July 1st, 2013, 19:08
I was just going through the Idea Informer for SW on FGII and noticed that many requests were posted in 2011, with a few from 2012. Is this used any more, or are all those requests still valid?

Doswelk
July 1st, 2013, 19:11
Yes it is, look how many will be closed when 3.4 is released :D

sakmerlin37
July 1st, 2013, 19:24
Thanks :) I have found only one "scheduled" and have been able to see the "completed" action items; are those the ones added to 3.4 or is this a running list (i.e., since v1.0)?

Ikael
July 1st, 2013, 19:33
I bet there is still many ideas which are already completed but their status is not updated yet. Maybe the list will get cleaned up after v3.4 release is done

sakmerlin37
July 1st, 2013, 22:23
Aye, that's what I was thinking, given that many are going on 2 years of age.

Ikael
July 3rd, 2013, 12:21
I was just checking the idea list through and found several issues that I believe are resolved or at least will be resolved after v3.4 (but their status doesn't show that):

Renaming an Ally doesn't transfer to the Tracker
Adding Fatigue from left to right on mini sheet
Die numbers and modifier numbers visible
Auto calc weight for thrown weapons
Activating a combatant via the mini-tracker throws error

In addition for those that are not aware of it yet, Savage Worlds Feature Improvements extension provides resolutions for following idea requests:

Allow creation of new skills/hindrances/edges -- enhanced library
Allows players to see other players bennies... -- enhanced desktop
Power Points visible on PC Images on GM Screen -- enhanced desktop
Allows players to see other players Wound levels -- enhanced desktop
multi layered images -- enhanced images

phantomwhale
July 7th, 2013, 23:35
I did go through and update a whole bunch of these to represent the output of 3.4 a couple of weeks back.

I think it closed off about half of the open requests / bugs.

It IS still used, but the speed of development is naturally slow (1 version per 9-12 months) so it's not unlikely to see items 1-2 years old.

Whilst I generally favor the items with higher votes, this release saw an opportunity to integrate some of Ikael's work, which meant I got some features a little quicker than otherwise doing them solo, but it also meant we got the features that Ikael chose :) Generally these did tick off a lot of big ticket items, so think most people will be quite happy with the feature set.

Will double check the list post-release to have a look for any others I missed off. But I assure you the site is actively used, just not frequently.

scionofnyarlathotep
July 8th, 2013, 13:16
I did go through and update a whole bunch of these to represent the output of 3.4 a couple of weeks back.

I think it closed off about half of the open requests / bugs.

It IS still used, but the speed of development is naturally slow (1 version per 9-12 months) so it's not unlikely to see items 1-2 years old.

Whilst I generally favor the items with higher votes, this release saw an opportunity to integrate some of Ikael's work, which meant I got some features a little quicker than otherwise doing them solo, but it also meant we got the features that Ikael chose :) Generally these did tick off a lot of big ticket items, so think most people will be quite happy with the feature set.

Will double check the list post-release to have a look for any others I missed off. But I assure you the site is actively used, just not frequently.

Reminds me to add some of the items I brought up on the last play test version that I haven't yet logged!

phantomwhale
July 8th, 2013, 14:14
Reminds me to add some of the items I brought up on the last play test version that I haven't yet logged!

Please do (anyone !) raise any issues / bugs you see - esp. if you can give steps to recreate, although with some client / server issues, that's not often easy.

The ruleset is quite large, and hard to test in any automated way, so bugs will creep in, as well as inconsistencies and unexpected behaviors.

I'll fix what I can, but if I don't know about it, it's quite unlikely I'll ever fix / correct / improve it !