PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition

ikaro-kun
June 30th, 2013, 19:18
Mi compañero Psicodelix ( creador de la ruleset de mutants and masterminds) y yo, hemos cogido una ruleset de SWSE basada en 4e, creada por un compañero de este foro y que no recuerdo el enlace, para hacerla totalmente funcional ( crítico, errores, adaptación a las reglas de SWSE, etc). Además es funcional con los módulos de 4e.

Google traductor:

My partner Psicodelix (creator of the ruleset of mutants and masterminds) and I have taken a ruleset of SWSE from 4e, created by a fellow from this forum and I do not remember the link, to make it fully functional (critical, error, adaptation to SWSE rules, etc). It is also functional modules 4e.

Link: (Sorry not work attachments)
https://www.archiroleros.com/index.php?action=dldir;sa=get;file=137;dl=124

dm-crazy
July 8th, 2013, 17:06
Thx Dude! :)

nad3ooo
August 19th, 2013, 03:06
this may be a silly question, but where do you guys get library modules for systems like this?

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2013, 15:48
Star Wars Saga is a community supported ruleset, which usually means that there is no official licensing of the product material. If it was licensed, it would probably be an additional cost to pay the publisher for the right to use their data.

Content can not legally be provided unless it is open content or licensed from the publisher.

Some of the community projects work around this limitation by providing a parser or utility to convert data from content you already have (PDF or web), and turn that into FG data modules.

Regards,
JPG

ogar1978
October 4th, 2013, 13:36
I am new to Fantasy Grounds and wanted to use the Star Wars Saga files.
unfortunately I am not sure how to add them to the program.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2013, 18:28
To add a community ruleset to an Fantasy Grounds (FG) installation, follow these steps:

* Download the PAK file from the Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/)
* Open the FG data folder via the link in the FG Start Menu
* Create a rulesets subfolder (if it does not exist)
* Place the PAK file in the rulesets subfolder.
* Start Fantasy Grounds
* Select Create New Campaign
* Look for the Star Wars Saga option in the Rulesets list.

Regards,
JPG

viresanimi
October 5th, 2013, 07:44
Awesome to see a SWSE ruleset that works. But could you guys possibly be persuaded to make a version with no Spanish in the character sheet and just the standard English version? I've tried finding out how to edit it myself, but I am absolutely clueless when it comes to coding.

Anyways. It would be awesome for my players, whom are clamouring for SWSE, but hate the none functioning ruleset.

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2013, 22:35
The Star Wars Saga ruleset is a community project, so it's not something that we update. It's owned and updated by the community.

My guess is that perhaps I grabbed a Spanish/Portuguese version, instead of an English version. That is, I'd an English version exists. You can try checking Oberoten's FG wiki for another version. If you do find another one, let me know so I can update the one in the Library.

Regards,
JPG

Daxon
April 17th, 2014, 23:13
I hate to necro an old thread but im looking for a english version of any working ruleset for star wars saga edition any help would be appreciated...

damned
April 18th, 2014, 02:06
@Daxon - I dont know much about different versions of tar Wars role playing but there is a fairly actively developed version of Star Wars Edge of the Empire that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20055-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-FG-3-0&p=163472&viewfull=1#post163472
Character sheets, combat tracker, funky dice and more - but no copyright content - you will still have to enter/parse your own content.

Daxon
April 18th, 2014, 05:37
yeah i saw that but personally Id rather be using the saga edition though if no saga edition is available we might have to reconsider