PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

Purim
June 29th, 2013, 21:41
So if my friend has the ultimate license, and I buy a full license, can I GM a game with him and 2 unregistered players? Just wondering before I buy, thanks!:)

Trenloe
June 29th, 2013, 22:02
Only the person with the ultimate license can run a game for unlicensed players.

Griogre
June 30th, 2013, 17:03
Specifically with a full license, you can only GM a game with the players who have either the Ultimate License, Full License or Lite license. One of he drawbacks of he Ultimate license is if someone else in the group wants to GM then he either needs to get an Ultimate license himself or he can get a full and the other players need to get lite licenses.

If you want to run the same group it would be cheaper for you to get a full license and buy two lite licenses for the other players instead of getting an ultimate license. There is group discount when you buy more than one license at once in the store.

sakmerlin37
July 1st, 2013, 23:55
Specifically with a full license, you can only GM a game with the players who have either the Ultimate License, Full License or Lite license. One of he drawbacks of he Ultimate license is if someone else in the group wants to GM then he either needs to get an Ultimate license himself or he can get a full and the other players need to get lite licenses.

If you want to run the same group it would be cheaper for you to get a full license and buy two lite licenses for the other players instead of getting an ultimate license. There is group discount when you buy more than one license at once in the store.

This is what I did so that my wife & daughter could GM in the future, if they so desired.

So, instead of the Ultimate, I purchased 3 Full licenses and 2 Player licenses; I figure if my daughter's boyfriend wanted more than a Player's license, he could buy it for himself :D