PDA

View Full Version : FG Con 3 - November 2013?

Trenloe
June 28th, 2013, 04:44
Hi folks!

After spending quite a bit of time researching a good date for FG Con this autumn/fall/spring (depending where you are) it seems like the first weekend in November currently has the fewest clashes - Friday November 1st - Sunday November 3rd, 2013.

I've put a basic voting system on this post - Yes for the 1st-3rd, or another date. If you vote another date, please respond in this thread with your suggestion.

damned
June 28th, 2013, 08:44
its my 25yr high school re-union on that weekend...
and its interstate so im outta action on that date in terms of running anything.

im still happy to help out in getting the con up and running though.
and maybe i might end up back in the hotel room at a time that is convenient for a game! who knows...

Trenloe
June 28th, 2013, 16:37
its my 25yr high school re-union on that weekend...
and its interstate so im outta action on that date in terms of running anything.
Nooooooooo! One of the reasons I picked this date is because you said you were available. :(

Talen
June 28th, 2013, 21:01
Apologize if you have already seen, but Paizo has just named a new online VLC.

Welcome Joseph Caubo to our online community https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pwey?Welcome-to-new-Online-Play-VC#14...

He has made reference to providing support to online cons.

Trenloe
June 28th, 2013, 21:10
Apologize if you have already seen, but Paizo has just named a new online VLC.

Welcome Joseph Caubo to our online community https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pwey?Welcome-to-new-Online-Play-VC#14...

He has made reference to providing support to online cons.
He certainly has. I've been exchanging emails with Joe the last couple of days and I'll be demoing FG to him soon. He's aware of FG Con later this year and it's on his radar for "prize support". :)

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2013, 00:26
Bump!

It's looking like the suggested date is fine - last couple of days chance to vote!

damned
July 2nd, 2013, 03:08
vote you suckers!
anyways - at this stage it looks like we have a clear winner :)

Rickerdoo
July 2nd, 2013, 05:33
Won't work for me. Youth deer season here in Missouri. But I hope everyone has fun. I missed the last one buy a few days. :(

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2013, 16:11
OK, date is set and first announcement made: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151679

phantomwhale
July 11th, 2013, 07:50
Darn - something just came up over that weekend. Looks like I'm out for this one !

sakmerlin37
July 12th, 2013, 00:59
I'd be willing to participate, I have a few games I could run and would love to play in a few, as well.

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2013, 22:19
The FG Con 3 website is now live with a call for GMs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19654-Call-for-GMs!-FG-Con-3-November-1st-3rd-2013

Player registration will begin in a few days - first we need a nice list of events! :-)

healthy1nz
October 5th, 2013, 22:42
Wow, that didn't last long! :)
Any chance of adding games before then so some of us slow typers can get involved? ; ))

damned
October 6th, 2013, 00:15
GMs can continue to add games for the next two weeks. I will hopefully be adding one or more games today.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2013, 16:24
Any chance of adding games before then so some of us slow typers can get involved? ; ))
Of course you can! :-)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19654-Call-for-GMs!-FG-Con-3-November-1st-3rd-2013

But, the quicker you add your event the better chance you have of filling your game!

Grimtina
October 6th, 2013, 21:00
Hi all

I'm wondering if it would make sense to ask people what they'd like to play.

I, for example, am not much of a PF Scenario player if it's run under Society rules. I'd prefer much more of future, modern or adventures on other worlds (Faerun, Greyhawk, Kalamar etc). I have no idea what the last con looked like, I just got into FG recently. But the events for this one, up to know, are pretty narrow.

Trenloe
October 7th, 2013, 01:26
I'm wondering if it would make sense to ask people what they'd like to play.

I, for example, am not much of a PF Scenario player if it's run under Society rules. I'd prefer much more of future, modern or adventures on other worlds (Faerun, Greyhawk, Kalamar etc). I have no idea what the last con looked like, I just got into FG recently. But the events for this one, up to know, are pretty narrow.
It's entirely up to the individual GM what they want to run - if a prospective GM wants to run a poll and see what players want to play then that's cool. This is a convention so it is usually up to the GMs to run something that they want to run and what they think would fit well into convention style play and time-slot.

We've only just put out a call for GMs (5 days ago) and the response has been OK but not great for non-Pathfinder Society games - we need more GMs to run more games please!

The reason why you'll see a lot of Pathfinder Society games listed is that we require at least 15 events to get Paizo support (which we have) so the GMs and scenarios have been planned for a while.

We certainly don't want this convention to be overwhelmed with Pathfinder Society - so we need more GMs to run other games at the convention, and to enter your event on the website. Since we announced the dates for this convention a few months ago we have had a few people say they'd run games - it's time for those people to decide what they want to run and enter the event on the FG Con website. If we get more GMs to run a single 4 hour session - and then play in any number of other available sessions we will get a good wide range of games and also a good player base.

Grimtina
October 7th, 2013, 08:53
I guess I'll enter a few more then and tell my family I ain't available that weekend. Good way to get more familiar with the program, too.