PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Hellfrost game

David32780
June 26th, 2013, 23:46
Hello, as the title says. I am looking for a Hellfrost game. I will have the SW and Hellfrost stuff by the time I join a game so please let me know if you would like another player. Thanks

David

phantomwhale
June 27th, 2013, 08:52
Hey David,

From your other post, I recall you were keen to run games, so this is probably redundant information. But just to be clear, only the GM NEEDS the ruleset / extension stuff to play - players just need a copy of Fantasy Grounds.

So as a Hellfrost player, that's all you'd need. Having the Hellfrost extension will let you make characters when not connected to a Hellfrost game though, as well as let you run your own Hellfrost game, which I guess you are looking to do in the future too.

As for the TOPIC of your thread, I'm afraid I don't run Hellfrost, but I've certainly been in a couple of good games in the past. Hopefully someone has a campaign going you can sneak into :)

Cheers,
Ben (-PW-)

David32780
June 27th, 2013, 12:18
Hey there Phantomwhale

Ya I saw that you really did not need anything but the trial to play a game with a DM with the ultimate license.

Yes it is going to be nice to start playing again, now I just have to find a game to get into. hehe

I need to get into some SW games so I can learn all of the combat how the actual game flows and all, but over time yes I would definitely love to start running a long term Hellfrost campaign.

My buddies back when I was a kid until young adult played the same D&D campaign from 4th grade (1984 ish) until around 1996 or so when EQ came out. Then we just over time played less and less hehe. We had a great many years of gaming and those are years I will never forget.

It seems like the three rulesets that came with the license for FG in 3.5, 4.0 Pathfinder look like the main choices for games. Maybe I will check one of those rulesets out as well. We mainly played D&D and AD&D and dabbled in 2ed until we found out how many rulebooks and handbooks that they kept putting out hehe.

damned
June 28th, 2013, 01:59
also - just like your buddies who played for 12years straight - most groups are fairly stable in their line-ups so dont get discouraged if it takes a little while to find a game or three. your TZ will help though as most games do seem to run in north american TZ's.

damned
June 28th, 2013, 02:01
see if this might suit you... https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151333&postcount=5

David32780
June 28th, 2013, 03:59
Thanks damned for the reply. Yeah I am patient, I am sure something will come up eventually. Maybe I may check out that Pathfinder game and broaden my D&D experience. My son has tried Pathfinder but he said it was kind of rule heavy but he still thought it was pretty good.

damned
June 28th, 2013, 04:33
ahhhh well in that case you really want to play Castles&Crusades!
Unfortunately Im in the wrong TZ for you.
Rulesets aside - its the interaction, roleplay and imagination that makes the game. SW, BRP, D&D, PF, C&C doesnt make too much difference.

David32780
June 28th, 2013, 05:07
Yea your right.

David32780
June 28th, 2013, 05:47
I was just checking out the Castles and Crusades website. It looks oldschool to what I really love from basic D&D.

Do you run a game? And if you do, can I sit in one of your sessions and just watch?

Dave

Doswelk
June 28th, 2013, 08:44
Right... I'll be running a Savage Worlds game this Saturday 2pm UK time (GMT+1 right now)

Anybody is welcome to join, it will be a Hellfrost game and the will be the 2010 freebee adventure the Mouth of the Frothing bear.

I have 8 pre-gens but if you have a novice Hellfrost character and want to play send me the details and I'll key them in.

damned
June 28th, 2013, 08:54
heh - go the hellfrost game if time works for you.
im currently running a game at the following time every other week.
its kind of full at the moment but with 6 players someone is usually missing most weeks so you could always pick up a character for the session and have a play.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Castles+And+Crusades&iso=20130706T2030&p1=240&ah=4

David32780
June 28th, 2013, 14:46
Yup I just let Doswelk know that I would like to join him for his Hellfrost game.