PDA

View Full Version : AD&Der many moons ago...

Sting864
June 24th, 2013, 03:46
Like most members of the "well-rounded, horizon-expanding" college crowd of the 1980's, I played AD&D 2... The ruleset I find the most compatible with my style of playing is Pathfinder. To that end, I have enrolled in a Pathfinder game which was posted in the "Game Calendar" section on the Fantasy Grounds site. However, I feel that I may be precluded from participating because I am on a Mac OSX system. Is there a port to the Mac OSX system; if not, why not? What can I do to affect such an animal. If I cannot use Fantasy Grounds, are there any tabletop RNG's which are comparable in the Mac OSX environment?

Moderator: Moved to a new thread, the thread this was posted in was to do with the game calendar. There'll be a better chance of getting responses in it's own thread.

Invictys
June 24th, 2013, 07:13
It should come as no surprise to you that Mac users don't have many gaming options.

Gamers who use a Mac are typically always obliged to use a Windows emulator/wrapper like Wine or one of its variants.

This topic has been covered at length in the support sub forum House of Healing (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41) in fact it's the subject of several stickies there.

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds :D

Gold
July 23rd, 2013, 23:32
I came over here from another site called Roll20 which is an online Virtual Tabletop.

I'm comparing and testing out Fantasy Grounds, which is related but rather different. In the meantime I am still a player in www.roll20.com and it seems to work on Mac, so you may want to try that as an alternative, if you don't do the Windows emulator on your Mac to run FG.

I'm looking for AD&D games on here too! If anyone is looking for AD&D players on FG, PM me :rv: