PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft Ruleset?

TalonKaine
June 23rd, 2013, 18:59
Anyone out there know if a World of Warcraft RPG ruleset exist? If so, how would one such as myself get his hands on such a ruleset?

andrew279
June 24th, 2013, 18:51
id use the savage worlds rule set its very flexible

Valarian
June 24th, 2013, 21:57
World of Warcraft RPG is a d20 variant, iirc. I don't know if it's close enough to the core to use the 3.5e ruleset unmodified.

Blahness98
June 24th, 2013, 23:37
From what I have looked at, the WoW rule set is basically 3.5 with a few skill, rule, name and flavor changes. Skills like hide and move silently have been merged into stealth. Races have their own changes. Classes have been renamed, added and changed slightly. Magic is pretty much the same as 3.5.

This could be run using the 3.5 setting with minimal issues. I don't believe there are enough differences to actually warrant a full rule set. Just use an extension to change what you need to.

TalonKaine
June 26th, 2013, 12:26
Thanks people. I'll look into using the 3.5 set. When you say use an extension to change it.. what is that?

Is there a program I can get that allows me to modify the ruleset in some way? If so where can I get my hands on it? :)

Valarian
June 26th, 2013, 12:46
An extension is a set of code that overwrites/overrides the base ruleset. For a change to the 3.5e skill list this may not be too complicated, but will require some basic XML knowledge.

Valarian
June 26th, 2013, 12:51
Looking at an OGL article on the differences in skills, it's probably not worth an extension and just modifying the default skills on each character sheet as you create them. The only differences seem to be the Stealth (add Stealth, delete Move Silently & Hide) and Use Technological Device (add the skill).

article: https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Publication:World_of_Warcraft:_The_Role_Playing_Ga me/Skills

TalonKaine
June 26th, 2013, 13:29
Awesome thanks dudes.

Blahness98
June 27th, 2013, 04:51
I might have to pull my module of the core handbook from the back burner if more people are looking at playing this.. Might give me a reason to finish the remaining half of that book...