PDA

View Full Version : Updated token location

sakmerlin37
June 22nd, 2013, 23:52
I purchased the C&C, DGA055-Monsters of Aihrde and cannot find where to put the tokens. The instructions with the module are dated (or so it seems), as 2 of the 3 paths the Installation.txt references do not exist:

~\Application Directory\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\Castles_and_Crusades\reference.xml; and
~\Application Directory\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\shared or \host.

I found the \tokens directory, but it contains the items:

50 Fathoms
D&D
EN Tokens II
Generic
Master
Reaper

I'm going to make a new directory and call it C&C Monsters of Aihrde or something similar, but since I won't be playing it anytime soon, I won't be sure they are able to be seen by the players.

How do tokens work with the new version of FGII? Every video I have seen says to put tokens in to the "shared" or "host" directories, but they do not exist on my system.

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2013, 00:42
Basically, if you want your players to see tokens in the token bag and have the ability to drag tokens to maps/images, put the tokens in the <FG App Data Directory>\tokens\shared directory - create the "shared" directory if it does not exist.

If you just want the GM to have access to the tokens in the tokens bag, put them in <FG App Data Directory>\tokens\host - again, create host if it does not exist.

Even if the tokens are accessible to the GM only, once the GM puts them on a map or image the players will see them.

Keep the number of tokens in the <FG App Data Directory>\tokens\shared directory to only those needed as these are download by each player when they start the game and can result in long startup times if there are a lot of tokens.

Refer the the "tokens" section of the 3.5e ruleset - it is relevant to C&C too: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_tokens.xcp

Look at all of the sub headings in the left sidebar under GM Guide - Desktop -> Tokens.

sakmerlin37
June 23rd, 2013, 00:47
Thank you, I'll give this a try :)!