PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pathinder Players

grumpster2
June 22nd, 2013, 22:17
I'm an experienced DM (35 years exp.), fairly new to Fantasy Grounds and the Pathfinder rule system (but played many years in the 3.5 rules). I currently have one player, who is as new to FG as I am, but a very experienced player also.

We are looking for 2 or 3 mature players.

Schedule: Friday nights, 7 PM till 11:30 PM CST. Need Players that will become regulars.

Campaign setting: Pathfinder Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords (Could mutate in to my own story line). Were still in the first book, beginning Thistletop, so almost done with this book. So need players that can start with 2nd or 3rd characters. We are not entirely hack and slash, I have a good balance between roleplay and combat.

I own Fantasy Grounds Full.

Respond to Post if interested.

James I
June 22nd, 2013, 22:56
Wondering if you still need players? Please email me back one way or the other.

grumpster2
June 22nd, 2013, 23:03
Sent you a PM

avro5731
June 23rd, 2013, 00:43
If you have room I would be interested. :D

grumpster2
June 23rd, 2013, 20:21
Wondering if you still need players? Please email me back one way or the other.

Yes I'm interested in talking with you, letting you know what we are missing in current group and scheduling a time that we can Skype and get this FG thing rolling. I'd like to be a tad prepared before the first session with new players. If you can email me.. I'll send another PM with that in it.

grumpster2
June 23rd, 2013, 20:31
If you have room I would be interested. :D

I would be interested with chatting with you. I sent you a PM, explaining what the party needs and my contact information.

scofsins
June 23rd, 2013, 21:08
i make be interested in playing

grumpster2
June 23rd, 2013, 22:28
i make be interested in playing

I too might be interested in your joining my campaign... I'll PM you with details aon how to contact me to make arrangements to go over things.

ThePirateKing
June 24th, 2013, 07:40
if there are still openings, I too am interested

grumpster2
June 24th, 2013, 16:35
I misspelled Pathfinder in the threads subject. LOL.

Storm221
June 26th, 2013, 03:04
hey there! I was hoping you still had room. If so, please let me know. Thanks!

grumpster2
June 26th, 2013, 04:20
Have PM'ed you with the details. Please contact me. after 6PM , but before 9PM is good.

paragon1990
June 26th, 2013, 17:52
So... I'm not sure about how to go about this; I'll just come right out and say it: would you have a problem with a player who's first language isn't English? I've been wanting to find a group like this for quite some time, since I somehow feel more at ease with English when it comes to roleplaying and gaming in general. (Also I'm GMT +1...)
I don't know how much, if at all - since the client is text-based, I'll be required to talk (over Teamspeak and such). I consider myself to be fairly solid in writing, but admittedly my verbal skills aren't what they could or should be for something like this. Be that as it may, I'm convinced that with a bit of practice and patience I would be a fine addition to any game session. :)
No hard feelings if you disagree or are full already, just wanted to put myself out there :D

grumpster2
June 27th, 2013, 03:45
I regret to inform you, that as of this moment I have a full group and we are not text based, I use Skype almost exclusively. Good luck, but keep me in mind.

Trenloe
June 27th, 2013, 03:58
So... I'm not sure about how to go about this; I'll just come right out and say it: would you have a problem with a player who's first language isn't English? I've been wanting to find a group like this for quite some time, since I somehow feel more at ease with English when it comes to roleplaying and gaming in general. (Also I'm GMT +1...)
I don't know how much, if at all - since the client is text-based, I'll be required to talk (over Teamspeak and such). I consider myself to be fairly solid in writing, but admittedly my verbal skills aren't what they could or should be for something like this. Be that as it may, I'm convinced that with a bit of practice and patience I would be a fine addition to any game session. :)
No hard feelings if you disagree or are full already, just wanted to put myself out there :D
Sorry to cross post here, but you may be interested in a 4e text only game being advertised: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19027

paragon1990
June 27th, 2013, 09:26
That's ok, I figured you would be. Maybe next time then ;)

Sorry to cross post here, but you may be interested in a 4e text only game being advertised: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19027
Thanks, I'll check that out right away

Edit: Although I wish there was something similar going on for 3.5 or Pathfinder. I don't really know anything about 4e and what little I know doesn't really do it for me :/

Quinthalas
July 3rd, 2013, 19:32
Do you still need people?

grumpster2
July 4th, 2013, 03:15
I have a full group as of now, thank you for your interest.

Kikinas N'Takinams
July 26th, 2013, 02:34
I am actually looking to try out Fantasy Grounds. I am somewhat experience player -- never a GM or rules junkie -- but I have played a bit of pathfinder and 3.5e. If you are still looking for players, I would be willing to give it a go in order to get some experience with Fantasy Grounds so I can later decide if I want to buy it for my group of guys. We like to play in person, but as we have moved apart over the last 20 years, that has become a tad more difficult. Kids and wives also seem to limit the opportunities. So, I am thinking Fantasy Grounds might help, but I don't want to drop the $150 until I have checked it out. So, I will commit to playing a bit if someone will have me and you said you might need some players. Let me know if you think it might work out.

Thanks

grumpster2
July 26th, 2013, 12:03
I am actually looking to try out Fantasy Grounds. I am somewhat experience player -- never a GM or rules junkie -- but I have played a bit of pathfinder and 3.5e. If you are still looking for players, I would be willing to give it a go in order to get some experience with Fantasy Grounds so I can later decide if I want to buy it for my group of guys. We like to play in person, but as we have moved apart over the last 20 years, that has become a tad more difficult. Kids and wives also seem to limit the opportunities. So, I am thinking Fantasy Grounds might help, but I don't want to drop the $150 until I have checked it out. So, I will commit to playing a bit if someone will have me and you said you might need some players. Let me know if you think it might work out.

Thanks

Thanks for the interest, but my game is full right now. I too had reservations about fantasy grounds. I had bought the full version 6 yrs ago, because our group had moved around too. I kinda of messed with it, finally started a campaign and am having a blast with it. We use skype for voice, with fg being the vehicle for maps, battles, dice rolling and pictures. It took a coupl session to get the hang of using effects and such, but you can do those manually at first. I would say, if you can afford I would definantly get it.

Shawn

Paul Fischer
August 9th, 2013, 04:26
I'm a mature player who loves to Role play and hack when needed. I'd prefer to be a rouge like character but if the party needs a healer, or anything I'm down for that too.

I'll drop you a PM too grumpster2. And Lol on the misspelling of Pathfinder in the threads. I didn't even notice... Thanks and I hope to Skype you soon.